Old 06-20-2008, 01:41 AM   #1
HuwSy
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9800
PIN: .
Carrier: Orange
Default Birthday Field in Contacts

Please Login to Remove!

Having recently downgraded from 4.5.0.42 to .37 (or some numbers there abouts) my all day events (mainly birthdays) got put onto two days as it decided the timezone was different. Is there an easy way to resolve all these. Preferably allong the lines of deleting them from the calendar and have something resync them from contacts to calendar, or better something that can remind me the day before purely from the data in contacts without having to have calendar entrys for them all, surely this would be possible with a j2me app as its possible to add alarm events and read the pim assuming the app permissions are setup.
Thanks.
Old 06-20-2008, 12:32 PM   #2
jamespaulritter
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8330
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Alltel

what?
Old 06-20-2008, 02:26 PM   #3
HuwSy

All my daily events got added as 00:00 to 00:00. But my phone set its self to somewhere else timezone wise, then when I corrected my timezone on the bb it left all my events showing as 23:00 to 23:00. Most of these are birthdays so I was wondering if there's an easy way to restore them or to get bb or outlook to recreate them from the info in contacts? Or if there's a birthday reminder app that can use the data from contacts instead of the calendar?
Old 06-20-2008, 02:43 PM   #4
fonejunkie
Just me

Model: iFone
PIN: Not on my iPhone5
Carrier: iPhone5 on AT&T Mobility

deleted - duplicate post

Last edited by fonejunkie; 06-20-2008 at 03:43 PM..
Old 06-20-2008, 02:45 PM   #5
fonejunkie
Just me

Model: iFone
PIN: Not on my iPhone5
Carrier: iPhone5 on AT&T Mobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuwSy View Post
All my daily events got added as 00:00 to 00:00. But my phone set its self to somewhere else timezone wise, then when I corrected my timezone on the bb it left all my events showing as 23:00 to 23:00. Most of these are birthdays so I was wondering if there's an easy way to restore them or to get bb or outlook to recreate them from the info in contacts? Or if there's a birthday reminder app that can use the data from contacts instead of the calendar?
I enter my birthdays and anniversaries as 5 minute events (00:30 - 00:35) and have no issues.

Or make them ALL DAY events.
Old 06-20-2008, 04:10 PM   #6
jamespaulritter
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8330
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Alltel

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuwSy View Post
OIC,,,,, I had the same problem, sort of. I moved my contacts from palm desktop then to active sync then to BB desktop. Some information attached to contacts didn't carry over and showed up as @@@@@####%% in AS. Then in BB desktop the calendar was going nuts! I had a ton of repeating events set as all day events ands all of a sudden I had 2 of ever all day event such as the beginning of Kwanzaa was on the 25th and also on the 26th. I messed with it all for hours and finally deleted all my all day reoccurring events from the hh and then changed the times in outlook just as fonejunkie said. I set them as early morning 15 minute events.

So did you get them set up the way you want them yet?
Old 06-20-2008, 04:41 PM   #7
HuwSy

Quote:
Originally Posted by fonejunkie View Post
...Or make them ALL DAY events.
They were all day events before the backup process began, think the ipd file can only cope with actual times as Iv had this before and went through redoing each birthday. Trying to avoid that again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamespaulritter View Post
...finally deleted all my all day reoccurring events from the hh and then changed the times in outlook...
Unfortunately nothings synced in outlook prior, well some few bits are but from months ago, so i cant use it to get all my birthdays from unles theres anyway to get it to create all the events when i import the contacts.

Any other ideas if you please.
Closed Thread