Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2008, 05:25 PM   #1
lhgraphics

Model: 8703e
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Angry 8703e not allowing me to disable password protection

Please Login to Remove!

I am a newbie to this forum along with BB's in general. Need some help.

So I purchased a used BB 8703e today from a guy on Craigslist. I had it checked out at the Verizon store (the service provider for the phone) to make sure the ESN was clear. Everything checks out.

When I get the phone home I notice there is no way of getting the phone to eliminate the password prompt every time the phone is turned on or awaken from its sleep mode. I went to Options > Security Options >General Settings > Password. Under the password section the only available options are: Change Password, Wipe Handheld, Verify Security Software, Save, and Close.

I went into the Verizon Wireless store to see if they could help me with this problem. They tried on 2 occasions of doing a hard reset of the phone to restore back to factory settings, once by entering the wrong password 10 times, and then Wiping Handheld. On both occasions the phone boots back up and prompts you to enter a new password. I entered in a new password, tried going to the password options again, and still the same thing. The Verizon guys seems to think that it has something to do with the IT department installing some kind of security feature on to the BB.

Originally the phone was owned by a guy that worked at Bank of America, and I guess he used it with his work. Anyway, I am trying to find a way of completely reseting the phone to actual original factory format, or just being able to eliminate the constant password prompt every time I touch the phone.

Oh, and I have contacted the BB customer service and they emailed me instructions on how to reset the phone, which are the exact same ways that I have already tried. In order to get better technical support, I need to pay a $45 one time, per incident fee in order for them to help any further. Thats just ridiculous.

Any ideas?

Last edited by lhgraphics; 04-24-2008 at 05:27 PM..
Old 04-24-2008, 05:27 PM   #2
Sith_Apprentice
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T

http://www.blackberryforums.com/rim-...ve-policy.html
try that. welcome to the forums.
Old 04-24-2008, 05:33 PM   #3
lhgraphics

Model: 8703e
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon

Thank you for the quick response. I am going to try this right now and let you know if this works!

Thanks again.
Old 04-24-2008, 05:34 PM   #4
Sith_Apprentice
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T

not a problem at all
Closed Thread