Old 07-24-2007, 05:31 PM   #381
nachobb

Model: 7105t
PIN: N/A
Carrier: tmobile
Default venezuela

Please Login to Remove!

Hi folks

I'm from Venezuela and i'm trying to set up a bb 7105t internet connection..
my carrier is Digitel Tim and its apn is " gprsweb.digitel.ve " without username and password.
I dont know why, i can get connected.. i use miniopera and it says that ive a problem with my network or something like that..
What should i do?
:(

help me please
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 05:38 PM   #382
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles
Carrier: AT&T

Using TCP for data does not work in all cases. There is no workaround for not having a BB data plan. You can't install programs or get push email without a Blackberry data plan.
Old 07-30-2007, 03:05 AM   #383
silicontrip

Model: Pearl
PIN: 25096285
Carrier: Telstra
Default GPRS vs gprs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Clark View Post
Using TCP for data does not work in all cases. There is no workaround for not having a BB data plan. You can't install programs or get push email without a Blackberry data plan.

Can some one explain to me what the difference is between GPRS and gprs?

I have my Pearl configured using an internet APN. I can use many of the 3rd party applications.

However, as you've guessed, I have no service books, and cannot use the built in web browser.

What is a Blackberry data service?
How is it different to regular data services?
Is it different to having an MDS connection via a BES?
Why do some applications support direct TCP and others do not?
Why doesn't my carrier support blackberry??? (ok no answer required. I'm venting)

You can see how frustrating it is for me to have purchased this device and being unable to use most of the features.

I seem to have the worst of both worlds, I can't use regular java midlets, as I could on a normal phone because I have a blackberry, and I can't use blackberry apps, because I am unable to get a blackberry data service.
Old 07-30-2007, 01:29 PM   #384
John Clark
BBF Moderator

GPRS means the device is connected to RIM's servers for data. gprs means you only have a connection to the carrier's internet. The only way to get service books is to have a BB data plan that connects to RIM's servers for the Service Books.

Without a BB data plan you will never get any service books and won't be able to use the built in browser.

Check out Main Page - BlackBerryFAQ for answers to some of these and other commonly asked questions.

Last edited by John Clark; 07-30-2007 at 01:31 PM..
Old 07-30-2007, 08:17 PM   #385
Ernekegl

Model: 6280
Carrier: At&t, T-Mobile
Default At&t wireless Blackberry 6280

I have one of the old At&t wireless Blackberry 6280. I bought it off of ebay for $20.00 I unlocked it so I can make and receive calls and I can send and receive SMS. Can anyone tell me how to unlock the data part of this 6280 so I can get Wap internet. I use prepaid service and they don't have Wap on blackberry.
Old 07-30-2007, 10:32 PM   #386
silicontrip

Model: Pearl
PIN: 25096285
Carrier: Telstra

Quote:
GPRS means the device is connected to RIM's servers for data. gprs means you only have a connection to the carrier's internet. The only way to get service books is to have a BB data plan that connects to RIM's servers for the Service Books.
So a really dumb question then. Why aren't RIM's servers accessable from the internet?

What sort of connection does the carrier have to RIM's servers?

Would you still buy a Blackberry if you are unable to get Blackberry data services?

I wasn't given an clear instructions from the sales person, who said I needed data services to use the Blackberry. He didn't make it clear that it was a different data service that I had with my previous phone.

Now I find out that my carrier doesn't provide blackberry data services, so I'm stuck with a device that I cannot use as a normal internet phone, because so much blackberry software relies on service books.

I cannot download regular java apps, because only OTA installation is supported in this manner, and I can't OTA without a service book.

Being an IP network administrator myself, I'd really like to know the specifics as to what a Blackberry data service is.
Old 08-22-2007, 02:55 AM   #387
Dalze

Model: 8320
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default Noob question

Hello, I was wondering, since in the first few lines of the post, it is stated that one does not need BES or MSD to be able to access the internet and use IM programs. Does this mean that, with Tmobile and my future 8320, I can access the internet without having to pay any extra fee for BB Unlimited? Do I need TmobileWeb at the least? Thank you.
Old 08-28-2007, 03:12 PM   #388
LuisArturo

Model: 8100
Carrier: Movistar
Default APN Panama

Does anybody know the APN from Movistar in Panama? can somebody help me.
Old 09-05-2007, 11:51 AM   #389
panther30

Carrier: Kyivstar
Angry WAP access

Please tell me that How can I connect my Pearl with latest OS to WAPor Browser if I have no services of BES? Actually I have a unlocked pearl of TMo. Now I use it in Ukraine where We donot have support of BB.
It gives message:
"Your device does not have any browser configuration service book entries. Please contact your service provider to enable the browser on your device."

Please help.........
Old 09-05-2007, 01:43 PM   #390
HuwSy
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9800
PIN: .
Carrier: Orange

Is there any apps, like a primitive downloader, that can be used in conjunction with any of the non bes requiring browsers such as opera to download ota apps to the memory card for install.
Old 09-16-2007, 08:43 PM   #391
luddwig

Model: 7105T
Carrier: Rogers
Thumbs down So Who is right Mark Rejhon or John Clark?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Rejhon View Post
How to Configure Full Internet Access On BlackBerry

You are interested, if you want to do any of the following, especially if you are an individual prosumer rather than a big corporate user:
  • Run BES-required Internet software without BES!
Quote:
Welcome to the forums,
You can try to install Opera and access via wap. However, you still have to have some kind of regular gprs cell phone data plan. That has been known to work for some (not all.) Aside from that, without a Blackberry data plan you won't get data on your BB.
The last few days have been devoted to getting my BB 7105 browsing without using a BB data plan. I managed to get a free month of regular Rogers dataplan, but when it wouldn't work, tech support again and again told me that it would only work with the $25 BB plan with 1 mb (WOW I can browse 2 pages a day) and not the $10 non BB plan with 5 mb. WHAT A RIP OFF!!!.

Well Mark gave me hope, but so far no luck at all. I installed Opera, so at least I now have a browser I can run, but it craps out with 'Failed to connect to the Internet'. I have set the TCP settings using that listed on WebMessenger Inc. APN settings. Somewhere I read something about the host routing table - I've got nothing under that setting and I couldn't figure out from the post what I was supposed to do there. They had a different carrier anyway - so maybe it's irrelevant.
http://www.blackberryforums.com/imag...es/bb_icon.gif

ONE BIG QUESTION is - Do I set the data services on or off? (I've tried both)
With ON - I keep getting Data Connection Refused - but IS THAT JUST THE BB SERVICE?

I'm ready to give up - GIVE ME HOPE
Old 09-16-2007, 11:06 PM   #392
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Have you tried this link for the APN settings?

Carrier specific APN/TCP settings - BlackBerryFAQ

You need to have data services "On."

You will always get the "data connection refused" message unless you have a BB data plan.

Set the APN settings as outlined in the link above. If it doesn't work after that and you've followed the instructions there, then there isn't any more you can do with the account you have. Rogers is very expensive for BB data, just ask anyone here on Rogers.
Old 09-17-2007, 08:14 AM   #393
luddwig

Model: 7105T
Carrier: Rogers
Unhappy That Settles it for Me

Quote:
Have you tried this link for the APN settings?

Carrier specific APN/TCP settings - BlackBerryFAQ

You need to have data services "On."

You will always get the "data connection refused" message unless you have a BB data plan.

Set the APN settings as outlined in the link above. If it doesn't work after that and you've followed the instructions there, then there isn't any more you can do with the account you have. Rogers is very expensive for BB data, just ask anyone here on Rogers.
I have tried those APN settings along with those at WebMessenger Inc. APN settings.

I am guessing that my quest might have been possible when this thread originated in 2005.

Perhaps Rogers doesn't want to let any of the lucrative BB business slip in through the back door and therefore block any non-BB plan data transmission.

Well too bad for them. I was considering ordering one of their combo packs that included data - doesn't make sense now.

Thanks for clearing this up.
Old 09-24-2007, 11:47 AM   #394
Lurka
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Carrier: TIM

I have a data plan (GPRS/EDGE), but I have not yet registered my BB on either my corporate BES or my carrier's BIS, so the only Service Book entries I have are [PROVISIONING], [BBIMConfig] and [YHO].

My colleagues, who have already registered they BBs, have the Browser and all the rest.

I thought that standard services, like browser or MMS, were independent from the registration on a BB server, as long as I have a data plan active, but it seems that's not always the case.

However, I am able to use the BB as a modem, so I think that anything relying on the APN only is ok. If I got the picture well, it's the built-in browser that requires a service book entry, but it can be replaced by 3rd party apps, like Opera. Pretty annoying, though.

Bye.

L u r k a
Old 09-24-2007, 11:56 AM   #395
John Clark
BBF Moderator

So, you have a BB data plan but have no browser? Try this: Go to Options >Advanced Options >Host Routing Table. Click the menu key and select "Register Now." If that doesn't do it call your provider and have them send you the browser service books.
Old 09-27-2007, 05:24 AM   #396
Lurka

Carrier: TIM

Quote:
So, you have a BB data plan but have no browser? Try this: Go to Options >Advanced Options >Host Routing Table. Click the menu key and select "Register Now." If that doesn't do it call your provider and have them send you the browser service books.
Thank you, already tried from the FAQs to no avail. If I use the SIM card of a colleague who performed enterprise activation, I see the browser and other service book entries. This is probably BES-dependendent.

In the e-mail setup wizard I have only two choices: use a work email account with BES or skip email setup. Is that normal for every BB?

Thank you.

L u r k a
Old 09-29-2007, 03:38 AM   #397
splackavella

Model: 7230
PIN: 200946ED
Carrier: lovely

Can you add MSN messenger on your BB7230 ?
When i go to options -> applications i see.. Blackberry 3.7

or cant i install it on my phone..

Can somebody help me?
Old 10-01-2007, 12:48 PM   #398
Nachoarg

Model: 8120
Carrier: Personal Argentina

One question for this....

I understand, too much applications works put correct apn settings but if i put that,when a try used some of this app, the carrier bill like a data usage...

this is correct?

regards
Nacho
Old 10-31-2007, 04:59 AM   #399
akc786

Carrier: Mobilink
Default APN for Mobilink, PAKISTAN

Does anyone knows the APN for Mobilink network in Pakistan ??
Old 10-31-2007, 05:00 AM   #400
akc786

Carrier: Mobilink

Any One From Pakistan Here?