Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2009, 01:34 AM   #1
tbhuang2
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8130
Carrier: Sprint
Default BlackBerry Master Control Program

Please Login to Remove!

I did a search and didn't find this program posted anywhere.

This program doesn't seem to be known by a lot of users, but it is a great improvement over CrackMem, as it is actually compatible with DM 5.0 and is continuously being developed. Most of you probably follow John Clark's old-school method of manually removing each module from the OS folder, but for those who just want to get things done faster, it's a great program.

To quote the writer of the program, "One page is dedicated to OS Management (this page does things similarly to CrackMem), and all check boxes are "live" meaning that it monitors the original folder and the "removed" folder and displays everything correctly, even between sessions. I even went out of my way to use the same folder names as CrackMem so it wouldn't cause any headaches for existing CrackMem users."

It's currently in beta, but according to the news, a final, stable version should be released some time this month.

Here's the link:
BlackBerry Master Control Program (MCP): News
-Threaded SMS

Last edited by tbhuang2; 09-07-2009 at 01:35 AM..
Old 09-07-2009, 08:08 AM   #2
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

Wirelessly posted (9530; (I'm mobile) MF231; 35h)

"Most of you probably follow John Clark's old-school method of manually removing each module".
Old school is not in beta and works perfect each time.
But it'll be nice to see your MCP perfected.
Old 09-07-2009, 08:10 AM   #3
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7

CrackMem, MCP and BB Swiss Army Knife.

And John Clark's memory thread has the BEST explanation of what people may want to do.

Beta or not...
Old 09-07-2009, 01:53 PM   #4
Iare Tosevite
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8830
PIN: N/A

Registration when "donate" more than $20.
Old 09-07-2009, 04:04 PM   #5
tbhuang2

Model: 8130

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iare Tosevite View Post
Registration when "donate" more than $20.
The program doesn't ever ask you to donate, and nothing happens if you don't register.

Why is everyone so quick to bash?
-Threaded SMS
Old 09-08-2009, 02:38 AM   #6
Iare Tosevite
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8830

Sorry did not intend to bash.
Old 09-08-2009, 04:36 PM   #7
Preroll

Model: Class

How many people have used this app? I'm curious to get some feedback on it. (It seems that it could be a bit complicated for a novice user though.)
Old 09-13-2009, 10:41 AM   #8
THE
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8700g
Carrier: t-mobile

I tried. Basically a nice idea, but it didn't work, and as far as I can tell, it doesn't offer any functions you can't get elsewhere. It seems act as a central launcher for other desktop tools from both RIM and 3rd parties. It isn't compatible with DM 5.0. It caused a permanent problem with DM. Now DM doesn't work at all. I still haven't resolved the problem with DM, even after removing MCP and uninstalling/reinstalling DM.
Old 10-24-2009, 10:18 AM   #9
sgt-d
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8320
Carrier: T-Mobile

wow, a lot of posts here, i will post a quick reply to some of them. i am probably going to use this thread to start building my faq as there seem to be some common misconceptions or misunderstandings about mcp.

@tbhuang2: thanks for the post!

@JSanders: nothing wrong with old school, ever. this doesn't rule out other schools or trains of thought though. john clark actually messaged me and aside from saying "wow! this is really something!" he also said that having the ability to install a selected os is a great idea and that he hated never having that ability before. mcp is the only app out there that allows you to have an unlimited number of os's installed on your pc --- but at the time you actually install to your device it only lets rim's application loader see the one you had selected. no other tool does that and most 101 articles and classes tell you to uninstall all other os's from your pc before you begin the process. this is time consuming to say the least. mcp lets you keep your os's in a persistent state meaning that you install it to your pc, optimize it, leave it and forget it - and use any of them later at will. mcp is available in two states: stable and beta, and it looks like the newest betas are just about ready to reach "RC" status.

@Iare Tosevite: mcp is 100% unrestricted, donations are always welcome. the "registration" just means that you get a code to remove the paypal/donate button. i might switch to a commercial model later for businesses and site licenses, but right now it's just a thought. personal use will always be 100% unrestricted donationware. free unless you want to contribute.

@Preroll: mcp is closing in on a quarter of a million downloads so word is getting out! ;) while it does offer some pretty complex abilities at the same time it is dead simple to use. any controls that can potentially harm your device are blocked from use until you enter a passphrase... so even new users can't do any harm using it until they know what they are doing.

@THE: as for the javaloader commands, yes, in that regard mcp is a "front end". it is the only gui that is capable of performing 100% of all of the javaloader commands, including all possible combinations of options. not only does it give you this power via intuitive and easy to understand controls, you also get this power a complete second time via the "java loader cli" (aka: area 51) page. this one page allows you to "build" a javaloader command line and then execute it --- graphically. minimal typing, no dos prompt. additionally you can view the output of all commands by enabling "messages" or you can show the real javaloader execution screens (see things as they progress in real time) by checking the "debug" option. finally, if you aren't comfortable you can use "simulation mode" to see what command lines will be sent (messages) but without actually executing them. ok, so what version of mcp did you try? i just released beta 10 on october 21 and would like you to try this build if at all possible. mcp is designed for java loader 5.0.0 beta 4 but you can use older java loader "engines" easily by selecting them. blackberry desktop manager 5.0 is recommended but mcp also works with DM 4.5 and 4.7 as well. i'm not sure about older versions of DM. mcp doesn't affect either and doesn't use them in any way other than bbdevmgr.exe which is normally always running at windows startup. it doesn't affect DM in any other way, shape or form. if it did i would have had my head chopped off about this time last year! as for everything else mcp can do, in that regard it is not a front end (os management, etc.)

support... one of the things i pride myself on most and that i get praise for most is my quick turnaround on support. i even answer questions that are completely off topic (unlocking phones, etc.). my email is [email address]. feel free to email me and i will handle your case usually within a few hours. sometimes it may take a full day but usually it's very quick. not bad for free, eh?

i hope this helps a little. mcp got it's start because i wasn't happy with the tools that were available at the time and i was tired of using multiple tools to work on my device. now i only need two tools: dm and mcp.

oh, mcp.exe is a stand alone application, not sure if this matters... but it doesn't require any other technologies (like .net) to run correctly. it is being developed on my windows 7 rc1 64-bit machine at home and tested at work on windows 7 rc1 32-bit. i am writing the code in embarcadero rad studio 2010 (delphi). i also have a vista home and xp pro box here where i do some testing. user account control (uac) support is in there, but it might be problematic... if so, either run mcp as an administrator or disable uac. i'm actually working on that portion again right now.

thanks everyone, i hope mcp is getting better and i apologize for not looking here sooner! here is the post for the new version:

http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...-released.html

Last edited by sgt-d; 10-24-2009 at 10:25 AM..
Old 10-24-2009, 05:17 PM   #10
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low

Sarge, you're responding to posts that are six weeks old. Chill out, don't be so defensive.

You have a good app there, keep it up.
Closed Thread