Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2008, 01:42 PM   #1
NotSoSimple

Model: 8830
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Default Reconciliation Issues

Please Login to Remove!

Lately we have been getting slammed with reconciliation issues. It seems random as I have never had a problem with my device, and 90% of the users have not eaither.

Some users are reporting that what they see in Outlook is not what they see on their device. I thought I read somewhere that Cached Exchange mode can cause problems, anyone have any facts for that?

When it happens I have been deleting CMIME service book, and even going to the length of reactivating. Most of the time it fixes it but some still have issues a week or so after the fix. Underlying problems? Or are my users expecting too much?
Old 04-06-2008, 01:43 PM   #2
kapasaca
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8900
Carrier: vodafone

cached mode will delay the reconciliation, not stop it (normally)

user should be able to trigger the reconcile now (menu--messages--menu button and reconcile now.
is that still working for them?

also, look for a certain message that wasn't removed/changed/moved through reconciliation on the HandHeld and open the message.
Was it received using BlackBerry Sercure or Unkown Secure?

Is the BBserver installed on a seperate server? Check mapi32.dll files on Exchange server and on BBserver (bbserver mapi version should be at least equal.

http://www.pocketmailsupport.com
Old 04-08-2008, 02:22 PM   #3
dustinmgc

Model: 7100
Carrier: nextel
Default Me Too!

i have a similar problem but only with one device. A 7100i will show that a message has been read in the mailbox, delete from handheld to mailbox, but wont delete on handheld. I've even switched devices and still have the same problem. One user only though. -- Any Takers?
Old 04-08-2008, 02:37 PM   #4
hdawg
BlackBerry Genius

Model: hdawg
PIN: port3101.org
Carrier: hdawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustinmgc View Post
i have a similar problem but only with one device. A 7100i will show that a message has been read in the mailbox, delete from handheld to mailbox, but wont delete on handheld. I've even switched devices and still have the same problem. One user only though. -- Any Takers?
Welcome to the forums!!!

How are the deletes being done? a hard delete? a delete to a deleted items folder? move to a pst? All are considered deletes.
Old 04-09-2008, 08:10 AM   #5
dustinmgc

Model: 7100
Carrier: nextel

Thanks! - They are being deleted to the deleted items folder. It's just weird to me that it will show that it's been read...
Old 04-09-2008, 08:18 AM   #6
mpaque

Model: 8330

I had this happen to me last night on my 8130. I had 4 separate messages that I deleted from Outlook (hard delete) and they still showed on my 8130. Even tried running a manual reconciliation with no luck. This has not happened previously and I've not had any other BB users complain about this.

Our BES is on a separate server. Will check the mai32.dll versions on Exchange and BES.
Old 04-09-2008, 08:21 AM   #7
mpaque

The version of mapi32.dll is the same on Exchange and BES, 6.5.7638.1.
Old 04-09-2008, 08:22 AM   #8
hdawg
BlackBerry Genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpaque View Post
I had this happen to me last night on my 8130. I had 4 separate messages that I deleted from Outlook (hard delete) and they still showed on my 8130. Even tried running a manual reconciliation with no luck. This has not happened previously and I've not had any other BB users complain about this.

Our BES is on a separate server. Will check the mai32.dll versions on Exchange and BES.
Do you have hard delete support enabled? Hard deletes are not reconciled by default ... and to get them to do that you need to put a couple of things in place and know of caveats with them.
Old 04-09-2008, 08:40 AM   #9
mpaque

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdawg View Post
Do you have hard delete support enabled? Hard deletes are not reconciled by default ... and to get them to do that you need to put a couple of things in place and know of caveats with them.
Ok, now I feel a bit dense. I didn't have hard delete support enabled. In fact, I did not notice that setting. Why would that be set to false by default? I guess I'm still a green BES newbie.

Thanks for your help.
Old 04-09-2008, 08:49 AM   #10
hdawg
BlackBerry Genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpaque View Post
Ok, now I feel a bit dense. I didn't have hard delete support enabled. In fact, I did not notice that setting. Why would that be set to false by default? I guess I'm still a green BES newbie.

Thanks for your help.
Default is false I'm guessing because it was a new introduction with a software release and had not been previously included. Since it was a change in behavior they opted to leave it disabled and make people change it to implement the change. It is a big change from the user experience standpoint so I can agree with this methodology.
Old 04-09-2008, 01:42 PM   #11
pablohoney

Model: 7290
Carrier: T-Mobile

This is a very interesting setting. In my environment I have a lot of users with shared folders in their Outlook mailboxes. Their assistants, secretaries, etc. do a lot of deletions for them. When this happens, the delete does not appear in the mail owner's Deleted Items so it never syncs the new message state with the handheld.

Additionally, we can profile email messages from clients into our document management system. When this happens, the .msg file is copied from the mailbox and onto the static document repository volume. The original then undergoes a hard delete. Thus the same problem occurs.

How much more load should I expect by enabling this feature for my 150 users? Any idea?

Think it would fix the two above-mentioned issues wih status tracking to the handheld?

I would love to put this issue to rest.

P
Old 04-09-2008, 01:59 PM   #12
hdawg
BlackBerry Genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by pablohoney View Post
This is a very interesting setting. In my environment I have a lot of users with shared folders in their Outlook mailboxes. Their assistants, secretaries, etc. do a lot of deletions for them. When this happens, the delete does not appear in the mail owner's Deleted Items so it never syncs the new message state with the handheld.

Additionally, we can profile email messages from clients into our document management system. When this happens, the .msg file is copied from the mailbox and onto the static document repository volume. The original then undergoes a hard delete. Thus the same problem occurs.

How much more load should I expect by enabling this feature for my 150 users? Any idea?

Think it would fix the two above-mentioned issues wih status tracking to the handheld?

I would love to put this issue to rest.

P
Minimal load. Check out: KB04863 - Permanent deletion of email messages in Microsoft Outlook does not reconcile to the BlackBerry smartphone for the expected impact.

Definitely enable it.
Old 04-16-2008, 12:13 AM   #13
sec2cxg

Model: 9630
Default Hard Deletes on 8703e

Quote:
I know for sure that Hard Deletes is enabled on our BES. However, I experience on a regular basis messages staying on my BB, after being moved out of my Inbox on the server. I've worked back and forth multiple times with my BES Admin to resend my Service Books, reactivate my BB, and adjusting the reconcile settings on my BB, all to no avail. The one thing that seems to be common with all the times that messages stay on my BB is that they are always messages older than a day.

I regularly permanently (Shift + Delete) delete messages in Outlook, and also move them to PST folders, and the BB rarely reconciles completely with my Inbox.

A quote from the BB KB04863:
The message state database has a limit to the number of email messages tracked for each BlackBerry smartphone user. Hard delete reconciliation will not work for permanent deleted items older than the specified limit.

I will have to ask my BES Admin what the specified limit is set to.

Does anyone have any more thoughts on my reconcile issues? Thanks in advance!
Old 04-16-2008, 12:21 AM   #14
sec2cxg

Model: 9630

Quote:
hdawg,
What things need to be put in place for Hard deletes to reconcile, and what are the caveats?
Closed Thread