www.xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0301.html - specification
www.realjabber.org - open source
Old 01-07-2005, 12:03 PM   #3
Pscobee
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700
Carrier: cingular
Default Bluetooth car kits

I am about to make the plunge and get the motorola kit unless someone convinces me otherwise?

:D

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, October 22, 2004 4:02 PM
To: xxxx@xxxxx
Subject: FW: Email arrived regarding Service Request RQST00000000 assigned to you

Hello again Peter,

Here are the models we tested it with:

Bluetooth Car Kits
Pama Plug N Go
Parrot DriveBlue - Plug 'n' Drive
Parrot CK3000
Sony Ericsson HCB-30
Motorola HFW8000
Nokia CK-7W

Bluetooth Car Manufacturers
Visteon (Includes BMW)
JCI (Includes Acura, Mercedes, Dodge, Chrysler)
Old 01-07-2005, 12:42 PM   #4
Fraggle

I have the Motorola HFW8000. (Actually two - one installed in each of our cars!)

While it does work with the Blackberry... it's a pain to connect at the start of every journey. :(

If I do nothing, i.e. leave the Blackberry 7100 in my pocket, and start the car.... the Car kit will mute the radio on an incoming call, but will not automatically route the audio through the car kit... instead I have to pull the phone out of my pocket and manually switch it to the car kit.

However, if, right before I turn the key in the car, I choose "Connect" on the Blackberry's Bluetooth menu, to the car kit.. it all works fine, and calls go automatically through the car kit.

I have to do this stupid "Settings - Bluetooth - Motorola Car Kit - Connect" thing everytime I walk to the car... and it's inconvenient :(

Once it is all working, it is really impressive... I also have an adapter that re-routes the audio from the HFW8000 through the front speakers of my car - and the sound is MUCH better than through the Motorola kit's speaker. (I got it from the UK)

(My partner's Motorola T710 connects seamlessly to the kit, without any button pressed on the phone... so I know the car kit is working ok).

Steve
Old 01-07-2005, 01:04 PM   #5
Pscobee
Thumbs Must Hurt

Default Thanks

Have you tried going into options, selecting the motorola in "paired devices" and then changing it's "device properties to "trusted"?

That made my bluetooth headset start working automatically. I'd love to know if that help's cause I haven;t bought the moto unit yet.

Where did you get the speaker interface kit? I have the onstar system (Which is a true POS!!) in my denali so I probably need some speacial kit also.

thanks! Peter
Old 01-07-2005, 06:51 PM   #6
Fraggle

Default Re: Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pscobee
Have you tried going into options, selecting the motorola in "paired devices" and then changing it's "device properties to "trusted"?

That made my bluetooth headset start working automatically. I'd love to know if that help's cause I haven;t bought the moto unit yet.
Yup, I've tried removing and re-adding the Pairing, resetting the car kit, trusted and untrusted, with encryption and without encryption... still no joy on either of our two kits :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pscobee
Where did you get the speaker interface kit? I have the onstar system (Which is a true POS!!) in my denali so I probably need some speacial kit also.

thanks! Peter
It was from Autoleads in the UK and called a "Telemute". It isn't specifically designed for the Motorola, you are supposed to buy a little add-on adapter part for it, but I just cut and connected wires between the two (not hard to do at all, and saved the extra 10GBP). Straight out of the box it is designed to plug directly in Nokia car kits.

There are different models depending on which Car you have, as it comes with the appropriate connectors to hook between your Factory Stereo and Factory Radio Wiring Harness (kind of piggy in the middle between the two).

Mine was model number 06-074B, for the Ford Focus and cost about 35GBP from here: SIO Communications UK Since the Denali isn't sold in the UK, it probably won't be listed... but try an email to Autoleads themselves: Autoleads Website, they were very helpful when I wanted to know if their kit for the UK Focus would fit on the US version.

Hope this helps!

Steve
Old 01-07-2005, 07:30 PM   #7
Pscobee
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
However, if, right before I turn the key in the car, I choose "Connect" on the Blackberry's Bluetooth menu, to the car kit.. it all works fine, and calls go automatically through the car kit.

I have to do this stupid "Settings - Bluetooth - Motorola Car Kit - Connect" thing everytime I walk to the car... and it's inconvenient
hmmm? I'm not sure I want to do the bluetooth hokey pokey everytime I start the car. Since I allready have a motorola car kit installed (from my old T720) I figured it would be the easiest replacement. (Mic, speaker etc allready installed).

But maybe I should hear from some
* Parrot CK3000
* Sony Ericsson HCB-30
* Nokia CK-7W
owners. Anyone using these kits with a 7100?
Old 01-08-2005, 10:54 PM   #8
LunkHead
BlackBerry God

Model: 850
PIN: kie swear
Carrier: USPS Priority

I have the Parrot DriveBlue and use it with the 7100T... Wroks like a champ! Not a hard wired option I know, but it does work great!
Old 01-11-2005, 07:27 AM   #9
Mother

Hi,

I use the Parrot CK3100 (with the funky LCD), and it works really well, it automatically connects to the 7100v when I turn on the ignition key, calls are routed automatically, radio muted, etc. Installation took ten minutes, pull out the car stereo, connect the kit between the radio and the speakers (if you have ISO connectors, there are kits available for other connector types), close up, and go.

The only thing that is really annoying is that the automatic phonebook transfer doesn't work, and there is no way to manually send a contact from the BB via Bluetooth, so no voice or phonebook dialing.

Regards
Old 01-11-2005, 07:56 AM   #10
shagler
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Mother,

How much and what kind of information will the 7100 display on the Ck3100 LCD? Does it show information such as caller-id, etc?

Steven
Old 01-11-2005, 09:45 AM   #11
Mother

Hi Steven,

It shows the caller's ID when the call comes in, and while it idles, it shows the Bluetooth device name, the network status (OK or not), the network signal strength on the right hand side (usual vertical bars), and sometimes, I've not been able to determine what causes the information to be sent, the battery level on the left hand side. It usually doesn't display battery level, and then all of the sudden it does.

You access the menus via a rotary knob that can also be pressed to select, the menus are address book, voice commands, dial number (you can dial a number by selecting each digit with the rotary knob, as you select the number it speaks it out to you), and settings.

When you are in a call, you can control de speaker volume with the rotary knob, it's quite convenient.

Best regards,

Mother
Old 01-21-2005, 02:46 PM   #12
PacketRat
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900
PIN: 24AC9B18
Carrier: T-Mobile

I am currently testing the Jabra SP100 so far it seems to work great as a speaker phone and in car phone.

http://www.jabra.com/JabraCMS/NA/EN/...JabraSP100.htm
Old 01-21-2005, 05:17 PM   #13
jsdc

Model: 8800
Carrier: O2 UK

I have been using a Sony Ericsson HCB-30 with my 7290 (OS 4.0.185) for a couple of months now.

I also used it for about 6 months before with various Sony Ericsson phones.

No problems at all.

I also have the kit/cable that enables me to use my car speakers instead of the supplied speakers and that works well also.
Old 01-21-2005, 05:47 PM   #14
jackman

Pscobee,

I am curious about the email response you posted from RIM. It mentions that they have tested it with the BMW bluetooth kit, which is the one I have. Does it say that it should work with those kits? Can you post who and when you got this email from? Thanks for the info. I am still getting the runaround from RIM on the BMW comptability. Thanks,
Old 01-21-2005, 08:07 PM   #15
rcg
Platinum Sponsor

Model: 7290

I can tell you the kit that the 7100 wont work with... The Siemens HKW600! Echos like an SOB.

Which is a shame because the Siemens kit is awesome.

AIM: SmartPhoneDepot
Old 01-24-2005, 11:27 AM   #16
big_ham

Model: 8830
Carrier: VZW

No opinions on the Nokia kit? Nokia makes a pretty solid product and I would think their kit would be a good one. I'm specifically looking for a hard-wired option. I won't talk on the phone in the car without handsfree (I drive a manual transmission) and the speakerphone on the 7100 just isn't sufficient.
Old 01-24-2005, 11:32 AM   #17
rcg
Platinum Sponsor

Nokia does make nice product but there are a few newer kits which have some additional features (like the LCD) that may make them more desireable.

Old 01-24-2005, 05:06 PM   #18
Manolo

Default HCC-100

When I originally purchased my 7100T, it was because I needed a BT phone to use my Anycom HCC-110 with. I am in the car alot, so I needed a car kit, but also a headset. Problem is, I have enough cords on my desks at home and work, so I did not want to have to charge the headset at my desk. The HCC-110 holds and charges the headset when not needed. The headset is tiny, light, and picks up perfectly.

Anyway, on this unit, you must push the button on the base unit or the headset to "connect", but no buttons need be pushed on the 7100T.

Take it easy,
Old 01-25-2005, 10:45 AM   #19
shagler

As a follow up...based on the information from Mother, I recently ordered a Parrot CK3100 for my Lincoln LS. Although the installation is a little more involved because of non-ISO connectors, I am completely satisfied with the unit.

As Mother points out, the voice dialing and phonebook won't work with the 7100 because of the Bluetooth implementation, but everything else works flawlessly. I can get into the car with my 7100 in my pocket and the Parrot automatically connects. If a call comes in, my stereo mutes and I can answer via the Parrot Display (push the green button). Everything comes through my stereo speakers with volume control through both the Parrot Display and y stereo's volume controls. Caller ID works, but since there isn't a phonebook you only see the number. Battery and Signal Strength are also displayed on the Parrot's display.

Another interesting little item is that the Parrot displays the Bluetooth Device Name. By default this is BlackBerry 7100t, but you could also use this to display anything you'd like.

Overall, it just seems to work.

Steven
Old 01-25-2005, 02:45 PM   #20
rcg
Platinum Sponsor

Parrot makes good stuff. We have sold quite a few of them and no complaints from customers.

I went the Siemens route this time, took out my parrot, because I wanted a smaller display. MY 7100 doesn't work well with the 7100 but every other phone we have used on it has been awesome.

Closed Thread