Old 07-20-2005, 12:43 PM   #41
wuberry
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7290
Carrier: Cingular

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauiboy
The files are up there now. BTW, I just received the beta version of keypro - professional edition. got some cool features on this new so called keyboard manager.

So did I. And I'm eager to try it.

However, I can't seem to get rid of the original driver that I installed (Version 1.11 downloaded from the MMG Web site). I can't find any reference to it under Status>Applications. I assume I need to delete it before I install the new beta version of the Keypro driver.

Any help would be great! Many thanks.

Sorry about that. I finally found the reference. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Last edited by wuberry; 07-20-2005 at 08:57 PM..
Old 08-08-2005, 10:01 AM   #42
FreedomInput

Model: 7290
Default New Drivers for Freedom Input BlackBerry Keyboard

Hello,

We have just released new drivers for the Freedom Keyboard for BlackBerry devices. We hope that you will be pleased with the major improvements in responsiveness we have made to the driver. Visit http://www.blackberrykeyboard.com/download2.htm.

Best Regards,

Freedom Input
Old 08-10-2005, 10:08 AM   #43
mauiboy
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
Carrier: T-Mobile

wuberry,

Did you download the latest version of KeyPro - Standard or Professional? you should check out the Professional version "its sweet". lots of cool features that make the keyboard more user friendly. The professional version has new a feature called "Keyboard mode" this option lets you select BlackBerry input mode or Standard input mode.

BlackBerry Mode: basically emulates the BlackBerry keys. Like holding down a letter key turns it into UPPER CASE letters. Also if you hold down a key and use the Up/Down Arrows you can insert special characters just like using the keys on the BlackBerry device itself. "sweeeeet".

Standard Mode: is more like standard PC keyboard emulation. for example holding down a letter key "Repeats" the character. All or most of the keys repeat making ideal for typing/editng memos and mail. Oh speaking of editing, Standard mode use the Windows Cut, Copy, Past hotkeys and BlackBerry Mode uses the BlackBerry Cut, Copy, Past hotkeys. "again sweeeeet".

The professional also has more programmable hotkeys they add CTRL + 0-9, FUNC + 0-9, and ALT + 0-9. the ATL only has six open keys as the (4) keys are assigned to special characters.

There are plenty more features that was added, I just didn't have the time to really check it out. more on my eval of MMG's KeyPro - Professional later.
Old 08-11-2005, 04:03 PM   #44
yrboij

Model: 7520

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreedomInput
Hello,

We have just released new drivers for the Freedom Keyboard for BlackBerry devices. We hope that you will be pleased with the major improvements in responsiveness we have made to the driver. Visit http://www.blackberrykeyboard.com/download2.htm.

Best Regards,

Freedom Input
These drivers are most excellent. Delay is decreased to a tolerable level.
Old 08-11-2005, 05:55 PM   #45
mauiboy
Thumbs Must Hurt

More on MMG's KeyPro - Professional drivers for Blackeberry.

New version v1.26 released today - They added hotkey option to switch between keyboard modes. So now I can be writing a memo or mail and if I need a special hyphenated character not found in the SYM option I can toggle the keyboard mode using hotkey and use the BlackBerry mode to insert characters then hotkey back to Standard mode. Switching between modes is fast and transparent if you’re not using popup warning. I’ve tested it in mail and memo app but my guess is that it will work with third party word processor applications as well.

You can setup visual and audible warnings to alert you when the keyboard mode is about to change. This is a nice feature because if you’re sitting in a meeting you really don’t want any sounds that will interrupt the meeting. You can still have the visual warning enabled to display message that the keyboard mode is about to change.

Overall MMG have implemented some very nice features and options in KeyPro – Professional.
Old 08-12-2005, 11:26 AM   #46
jacobp
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8320

Do either the MMG or the Freedom Input drivers work with BES 3.8? If so, are there are any special tweaks we have to make to the BES?
Old 08-18-2005, 05:30 PM   #47
mauiboy
Thumbs Must Hurt

FYI,

I just spoke to our BES administrator about 3.8 and I'm tolded that 3.8 does not have "Application Control Policy" I'm calling this "ACP" for ease. So in short because 3.8 does not have ACP you will not be able to allow the keyboard driver to use the Injector API. Don't quote me on this... I'm just providing some feedback on what I was told by a BES administrator.

Oh another thing. If your device was connected the BES, be it 3.8 or 4.0. and for some reason you stopped using BES, your device still will not be able to use the keyboard. The device will have to be wiped clean and I’m being told that only RIM can perform this task.

Last edited by mauiboy; 08-18-2005 at 05:34 PM..
Old 08-28-2005, 08:52 AM   #48
7100r user

Model: 7100r
Default Can I use Headset and Keyboard at the same time?

Hello, I am new to this forum. Sorry if I post a question that has been answered before. Please bear with me.

I'm on the phone quite often on my 7100r and thus have recently bought a Bluetooth headset (Flamingo). They work perfectly well together. Also, because of the number and length of the messages I have to send on my BB, I am considering buying a bluetooth keyboard.

Can these 2 bluetooth devices work at the same time with my 7100r?

One scenario would be doing a conference call on my BB with my BT headset, and at the same time dictating notes and minutes of meeting on a BT keyboard.

Any advise or suggestions will be much appreciated.

Thx.
Old 09-08-2005, 12:16 AM   #49
iqak

Model: 7100t
Angry Freedom Keyboard Issues

I'm trying to use this freedom keyboard but have a complaint.
The Blackberry drivers were not included on the CD.
They are available for download but even that process is confusing.

The left and right arrow keys are constanly jumping two characters instead of one (a real pain when your trying to correct or navigate through your emails).

The up down arrow keys also jump two lines unless you hold the [Fn] key.
I think this should be the other way around.

Updated to English version 1.7 driver (20050907).

This jumping is not apparent within the keyboard test line included with the driver download, which leads me to believe that the driver is still an issue here.
Old 09-26-2005, 04:00 PM   #50
dbcook67

Model: 7100g

The original post asked for comments regarding the keyboard we purchased. I purchased a Freedom Input keyboard last week and received it on Wednesday the 21st. Installation followed the documentation exactly and I had no problems getting the unit to work with my 7100g.

The problems I do have, though, is that of those mentioned above (up and down arrows jumping two lines instead of one) along with not being able to type a "T" without the aid of the caps lock. Hitting shift-t with either shift key produces no output. The only way I can get a "?" is via the keyboard on the 7100g itself.

I opened a trouble ticket with FreedomInput on Thursday, 9/22, but have yet to hear back from them; today is 9/26.

I would suggest taking customer support as a variable in determining which unit to purchase. I shall return mine and look for another.
Old 09-28-2005, 01:30 PM   #51
mauiboy
Thumbs Must Hurt

Its all about the driver. Keep your keyboard and upgrade to MMG drivers KeyPro. Or return your keyboard and get the bundled deal at MMG. All MMG drivers emulates the BlackBerry device keyboard by default. By BlackBerry emulation I mean that holding down a key lets you input lower or uppercase letters and "holding key down + up/down scroll" inputs special characters on all devices. If you have 7200 or 7500 devices the Professional Edition lets you select between BlackBerry emulation or PC emulation where by holding key down in BlackBerry emulation inputs upper case letters and in PC emulation holding down a key simply repeates alphanumeric characters and spaces. Let me add that switching between BlackBerry and PC emulation is done by user defined hotkey from anywhere at any time.

MMG drivers have some nice features if your serious about using a BT keyboard with your BlackBerry device. But if you just want to have one for the fun then any keyboard will do.

Last edited by mauiboy; 09-28-2005 at 01:50 PM..
Old 10-07-2005, 02:44 PM   #52
antisepsisDC
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 7520

Since upgrading my 7100G to 4.0.2, my Freedom Input driver has stopped working. I can hit the connect box and the keyboard pairs, but nothing gets entered when I use the keyboard. I've repaired the device, reloaded the software, and was even shipped a new handheld and am still having the same problem. Anyone else having this problem? Anyone have a solution?
Closed Thread