BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 12-11-2006, 08:15 AM   #1
marshallc

Model: 8100
Default Contacts via Bluetooth

Please Login to Remove!

My apologies for the simple question.

I have just got a 8100 pearl. I would like to transfer the contacts from my existing mobile phone (Sony Erricson) via bluetooth. Is this possible?

I can pair with the phone fine, and send data to it, but cannot receive anything from the phone to the blackberry. Is this a feature of the blackberry? I keep getting a message on the phone that the transfer failed. Has anyone else experienced this?

Is there a way around it, to get the phone contacts to the Blackberry.

Apologies again if this question has been answered previously but i cannot find an answer in the forums.

Any help would be much appreciated!!
Old 12-12-2006, 10:53 AM   #2
marshallc

I take it that the data transfer is also blocked to the 8100 Blackberry from other mobile devices?

Is the only way via SIM or transferring to PC from phone? (SIM transfer is problematic as it splits up contacts)

Please let me know!
Old 12-26-2006, 09:08 AM   #3
ChrisWright

I am having the same problem.
I have a SamsungD600 which I want to transfer the contacts to my BB 8100 Pearl. I can pair them, but as soon as I try to transfer to the BB, the blue light on the BB flashes a couple of times, then the Samsung displays a "Connecting Fail, Retry?" message. I thought it may be the Samsung, so I tried with a Nokia 6230i that I have, this does the same thing. I get a "Bluetooth Connection Failed" error from the Nokia.
I can send files from the BB to both of the phones, but can't send anything from any of the phones to the BB
Old 12-26-2006, 11:55 AM   #4
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles
Carrier: AT&T

Welcome to the forums guys!

You can't send addresses to the BB via bluetooth. You can send media, however. On the BB, go to the media folder you want to receive into and click the menu button and select "receive via bluetooth." Then send the file from the other phone. You have to do this for each file you send.
Old 12-26-2006, 01:04 PM   #5
ChrisWright

Hi John, thanks for that. Guess I'm gonna have to enter them all manually then
Thanks anyway
Old 12-26-2006, 01:07 PM   #6
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles
Carrier: AT&T

If you can get them into Outlook somehow then you could sync Outlook with your BB. That's what I did when I first got a BB.
Old 02-24-2007, 09:37 PM   #7
erroneus
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Carrier: T-Mobile

Well that answers my thing then...

I'd sure like to know why it is set up like that.

I have been able to send contact files via the "receive via bluetooth" thing, but it's a file that the machine doesn't know what to do with. Now if there were some clever programmer out there who knew how to make a java applet find those file and import them into the address book, then we'd have a good way to do it... not a great way, but a good one. It would be great if there were some way to get it all at once instead of one record at a time.

Well, while I'm unstatisfied that there is no facility for "beaming" a contact or set of contacts from one device to the other directly, and that for some reason the blackberry doesn't know what to do with *.vcf files already present in flash memory, I have found that if the *.vcf files are attached in an email, it knows how to open them and add them to the address book.

So to work around, find a way to email the contacts to yourself and import the attachments.

Last edited by erroneus; 02-25-2007 at 09:48 AM..
Old 03-09-2007, 06:09 PM   #8
bikedogrun
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Tour
Carrier: Sprint

I'm also trying to send contacts from my Pearl to another phone with BT. Phones are paired etc but only option from the Pearl seems to be "send address book" ??? I only want to send a few contacts ... what am I missing???

Thanks ...
Old 03-28-2007, 05:03 AM   #9
slava

Model: 8800

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Clark
Welcome to the forums guys!

You can't send addresses to the BB via bluetooth. You can send media, however. On the BB, go to the media folder you want to receive into and click the menu button and select "receive via bluetooth." Then send the file from the other phone. You have to do this for each file you send.
hello.
Q to John Clark :
i have the same problem with bb 8800. your solution works but every file you need to clicks "receive ....." . anyway to do it without all this mess ?

thanks.
Closed Thread