Old 11-25-2008, 08:15 PM   #1
dylanleonard1122
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9500
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Default How to get Tracking/Order #?

Please Login to Remove!

I ordered my phone thought a local vzw store, and have been on the phone for about a half hour trying to figure out a tracking number or order number. The store told me to call FedEx, FedEx told me to call vzw, and vzw wasn't able to give me the order or tracking number, they could only tell me that there is nothing being shipped currently.

If someone could give me step by step instructions on what buttons to press, etc... at the vzw customer support number, or where i could possibly find my order number on my recipt? It would REALLY be appreciated.
Old 11-25-2008, 08:21 PM   #2
dwp1975
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9530
PIN: 304CEA0A

Quote:
Originally Posted by dylanleonard1122 View Post
I ordered my phone thought a local vzw store, and have been on the phone for about a half hour trying to figure out a tracking number or order number. The store told me to call FedEx, FedEx told me to call vzw, and vzw wasn't able to give me the order or tracking number, they could only tell me that there is nothing being shipped currently.

If someone could give me step by step instructions on what buttons to press, etc... at the vzw customer support number, or where i could possibly find my order number on my recipt? It would REALLY be appreciated.
Just call their 1-800 number and menu your way to speaking to a representative. If Verizon can't give you much help on the phone I would say go back to the store you ordered it from and make them do the legwork to find out. I ordered mines over the phone well before the cut off time on Friday the 21st and was promised a ship date of today. Guess what, no damn phone has shipped and I got dates from 12/8 to 12/5, to who the hell knows to it may have shipped today still. The rep is calling me back tomorrow with a more definate answer. I more then likely will cancel my order. May even cancel all my lines, I understand stuff happens but I don't appreciate being lied to and given the run around. I have more than one blackberry on my family plan with data plans among other pricey features that I can easily give it to another carrier and get a cheaper deal.
Old 11-25-2008, 08:35 PM   #3
candrist
Knows Where the Search Button Is

PIN: 30480166
Carrier: Verizon

Because I have an email on file with verizon when my phone shipped out I got an email same day with the fedex tracking number.
Old 11-25-2008, 08:36 PM   #4
dylanleonard1122
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwp1975 View Post
Just call their 1-800 number and menu your way to speaking to a representative. If Verizon can't give you much help on the phone I would say go back to the store you ordered it from and make them do the legwork to find out. I ordered mines over the phone well before the cut off time on Friday the 21st and was promised a ship date of today. Guess what, no damn phone has shipped and I got dates from 12/8 to 12/5, to who the hell knows to it may have shipped today still. The rep is calling me back tomorrow with a more definate answer. I more then likely will cancel my order. May even cancel all my lines, I understand stuff happens but I don't appreciate being lied to and given the run around. I have more than one blackberry on my family plan with data plans among other pricey features that I can easily give it to another carrier and get a cheaper deal.
okay, finally got an answer, my order has been accepted by the warehouse, however no tracking number is availible, Ill call tommarow for a tracking # hopefully. I am sorry to hear about your situation man, hopefully you can expect it tommarow. Gotta stay positive.
Old 11-25-2008, 08:37 PM   #5
dylanleonard1122
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by candrist View Post
Because I have an email on file with verizon when my phone shipped out I got an email same day with the fedex tracking number.
I believe i have email on file with them aswell, do you think it would of mattered if I ordered via phone, store, or online as to wether or not i would get the email?
Old 11-25-2008, 08:39 PM   #6
T-Squared
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
I am in the same boat, I must have called customer service a dozen times over the last few days. I was told, call back in a few hours. Then about 20 mins ago I was told that the warehouse is closed and my phone will ship no later than Dec 5th. What gives? I think I am done with VZW, I don't like getting the run around, if I knew from day one it wouldn't be a big deal. Sorry for the rant.
Old 11-25-2008, 08:41 PM   #7
dwp1975
CrackBerry Addict

PIN: 304CEA0A

Quote:
okay, finally got an answer, my order has been accepted by the warehouse, however no tracking number is availible, Ill call tommarow for a tracking # hopefully. I am sorry to hear about your situation man, hopefully you can expect it tommarow. Gotta stay positive.
Yeah, I am trying to be positive but I just don't like the run around. In a span of 10 minutes, I got 3 or 4 shipping dates, Not good.
Old 11-25-2008, 09:53 PM   #8
user242
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9550

Quote:
I was in the same situation and the reason why you haven't received your tracking number is because simply it hasn't shipped out or received by Fed Ex so that they can process it and generate a tracking number. If your phone is truly in stock and in the warehouse then Fed Ex should pick it up very soon and VZW will have a tracking # for you. When I called this morning around 9:30 they had the tracking info for my Storm order. I was previously told that I would receive a call from the rep. notifying me of the status and tracking # well that never happened and I'm glad I called this morning. Mine should be at my door prior to 7pm tomorrow.

Good luck people getting your Storm. The rep told me that I should consider myself lucky to receive it so soon. Well, I let her have it since I was originally promised the phone yesterday(Monday). She apologized to me.
Old 11-25-2008, 10:27 PM   #9
JaredH
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9650

For those of you who bought in-store and are having it shipped. There should be a 5-6 digit number (#xxxxx) at the very top of the receipt. That is how you track your order. In order to track it I was told you have to call a local store and have them check the status. You may be able to call customer service but I'd try to just call the store you bought the phone from.
Old 11-25-2008, 10:32 PM   #10
dylanleonard1122
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaredH View Post
For those of you who bought in-store and are having it shipped. There should be a 5-6 digit number (#xxxxx) at the very top of the receipt. That is how you track your order. In order to track it I was told you have to call a local store and have them check the status. You may be able to call customer service but I'd try to just call the store you bought the phone from.
He is right, when i called my local store to have the check it, they asked me for that number,
Old 11-25-2008, 11:58 PM   #11
The Truth
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
... I ordered mines over the phone well before the cut off time on Friday the 21st and was promised a ship date of today. Guess what, no damn phone has shipped and I got dates from 12/8 to 12/5, to who the hell knows to it may have shipped today still. The rep is calling me back tomorrow with a more definate answer. I more then likely will cancel my order. May even cancel all my lines, I understand stuff happens but I don't appreciate being lied to and given the run around. I have more than one blackberry on my family plan with data plans among other pricey features that I can easily give it to another carrier and get a cheaper deal.
Man I completely feel you on this one. Im switching from T-mobile and so far T-mobiles customer service is far superior to Verizons. I placed my order at 9am on 11/21 and was told I would get it "overnighted" and delivered on Saturday. Guess what, FedEx only delivers overnight on Saturday if its priority. So I gave Verizon the benefit of the doubt that maybe they put some money into my shipment and prioritized it. I got home, waited for the shipping email, no email. Saturday.. no shipment, no email. Monday... no shipment, finally got an email confirmation with my order # and not only has it NOT been shipped out yet, but its not even overnight delivery like they were advertising! Its 2-day which is a lot cheaper than priority overnight shipping. I spoke to 3 reps who all gave me different shipping dates and when I heard that it wont ship untill 12/05 I decided to cancel my order and of course I was told "its too late to cancel". As soon as I get this phone I plan to return it and walk over to the nearest AT&T store to get myself a BOLD.
Closed Thread