BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 11-26-2006, 06:45 AM   #61
pierre15208
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8530
Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Please Login to Remove!

I just downloaded version 0.9.20 on a 7100T W/ os 4.0 and I can't get off the welcome screen. I switched to BIS-B, and the status screen showed"connecting to sync server", "updating content", "Error!" and then returns to the Welcome screen. Same result changing TLS from proxy to handheld. I created the account beforehand as per instructions in the activation email including creating the account on the BB, and downloading the client OTA. My server info is correct AFAIK. This dog ain't hunting. I've been using Avantgo on my Palm Zire for years w/ no problems. But they seem to be having problems getting BB's to play ball.
http://moonlightscribbler.blogspot.com

Last edited by pierre15208; 11-26-2006 at 06:49 AM..
Old 11-27-2006, 11:39 AM   #62
pierre15208
Thumbs Must Hurt

My latest adventures w/ Avantgo and the BB: I came home late yesterday and tried to launch Avantgo with the following settings TLS: Handheld BIS-B connection. It actually connected to sync server and started to download content at a verry slow pace. About 15 minutes later it got about halfway through, threw up a JVM error 525 and 529, caused my BB to hard reset. Once it caame back up, I changed the TLS to Proxy, and relaunched. The sync occurred, the download went through slightly faster, but still really slow, and without drama. So it looks like it's working now, but Avantgo really has to speed this software up. I understand that it is beta and my BB is running through a GPRS connection, but plan on taking at least 5-10 minutes for the beast to sync up and download content.
Old 11-27-2006, 03:18 PM   #63
pierre15208
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierre15208
My latest adventures w/ Avantgo and the BB: I came home late yesterday and tried to launch Avantgo with the following settings TLS: Handheld BIS-B connection. It actually connected to sync server and started to download content at a verry slow pace. About 15 minutes later it got about halfway through, threw up a JVM error 525 and 529, caused my BB to hard reset. Once it caame back up, I changed the TLS to Proxy, and relaunched. The sync occurred, the download went through slightly faster, but still really slow, and without drama. So it looks like it's working now, but Avantgo really has to speed this software up. I understand that it is beta and my BB is running through a GPRS connection, but plan on taking at least 5-10 minutes for the beast to sync up and download content.
After dog slow performance, inconsistent syncing and a JVM error 535 + plus yet another hard reset, i deleted Avantgo from my 7100. Note to Avantgo: Call me when you get this pig squared away.
Old 12-01-2006, 05:36 PM   #64
sunnyyan1
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8320
Carrier: TMO

Finally, I found the reason why my BB 8700g is always out of space.

It's due to Avantgo, the issue is everytime when I wireless synchronize my avantgo channels, the new contents always take up addition ram space rather than clean up old memeory. The more frequent I synchronize my bb, the faster I run out of space. Maybe that's why avantgo for BB is still considerred as beta version. The only solution I have right now is to uninstall avantgo once a while to free up memory.

Anyone elses have the same issue?
Old 12-01-2006, 07:14 PM   #65
FightingDevil
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9630
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Default Me to...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierre15208
After dog slow performance, inconsistent syncing and a JVM error 535 + plus yet another hard reset, i deleted Avantgo from my 7100. Note to Avantgo: Call me when you get this pig squared away.
Same here, except on my 8700c. I had high hopes, especially since I had such fond memories of AvantGo on my Palm IIIx. Oh well...this and 4Info have been deleted....until another day? Maybe, maybe not...
Old 01-05-2007, 01:31 AM   #66
Skiwhack

Model: 8100
Carrier: T-Mobile
Question JVM error 529 and 535

Eric,

Have a bberry 7100T running 4.1
AvantGo 0.9.20 was buggy, just downloaded 0.9.25 and the handheld is locked up in a loop with two error codes JVM (java virtual machine?) 529 and 535, I cant get past these to get the handheld started.

Anybody got an idea to do a hard reboot? Taking the battery out wont do it either, How about a secret button holding and power up sequence?

Ski

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricGiguere
Hi everyone, I'm glad to see some of you have been trying our new AvantGo for BlackBerry client on your devices. It's an early beta, so there are a lot of rough edges to it, but things should improve pretty quickly. We've had some issues with the back end infrastructure that are being sorted out right now.

The previous AvantGo for BlackBerry service was an online-only service using the BlackBerry browser. However, the beauty of AvantGo comes from its ability to cache entire channels (websites) locally as well as to display pages formatted specifically for small screens, but the online-only version was missing the much of that experience because of the lag in page fetches. This new version, which works with 3.8 and up, fixes that problem. The background syncing we do ensures that the data you see is always current, too, which brings us more in line with what the average BlackBerry user expects.

I'll post a note later when we have a new version of the client available for download. Feel free to ask me questions in the meantime.

Disclaimer: I'm not an official spokesperson for Sybase iAnywhere. But as the lead developer for this client, I do know a thing or two
Old 01-06-2007, 09:38 AM   #67
NJRonbo

Model: 8703
Carrier: Verizon

I have the Blackberry 8703e and so does my friend.

Both of us registered to Avantgo and then downloaded the
latest BETA to our devices.

The both of us have synch errors as if the device cannot
synch to the network.

After a few months since this software went BETA I would
have hoped that these bugs would have been resolved.

Any updates from our Blackberry spokesperson?
Closed Thread