BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 11-29-2008, 12:25 AM   #41
zerog46
iPhone Mod!

Model: 9650
Carrier: VZW Bold

Please Login to Remove!

One thing to check, Make sure they will replace it if there is a problem. Most of the time VZW won't replace a phone if it doesn't come from them.
Old 11-29-2008, 12:40 AM   #42
rachamphetamine
BBF Moderator

Model: --
PIN: E SOL
Carrier: VZW

Just an fyi cause I know it's been talked about in this thread - I ordered my phone Friday at 12:30pm CST and received it today but never got the confirmation or the tracking email.
Old 11-29-2008, 01:12 AM   #43
Scott D

Model: 9530
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Thumbs up

As I understand it, Verizon had a major problem with their order processing system on the 21st. Most orders place in the morning were not actually processed until mid afternoon. This delay is reflected in some of the complaints in this thread.

I was as disappointed as anyone when the Verizon site posted the 12/5 expected ship date, especially since I could have picked one up from Best Buy ro local Verizon stores from stock. I even caled Verizon to discuss cancelling my order, but decided not to muddy the waters.

I received a tracking email today that indicated my Storm was picked up in California by FedEx late this afternoon, and an anticipated delivery date of 12/2. This was verified through FedEx, and is impossible to "fake" -- for all of the conspiracy theorists out there.

In reality, I expect the phone to be delivered on 12/1 under the terms of the stated 2-day service.

To everyone who is sitting on their hands at the moment. Just be patient. Your Storm will be in your hands soon enough, and WAY before what you may have anticipated if your order was processed on the 21st or 22nd. I can't attast to those placed any later.

Look at it this way, you have all that time to assemble a couple of gigs of MP3s for your playlist, MS Word and Excel diles to keep resident, etc. I even have a have some personalized wallpaper set aside.
Old 11-29-2008, 08:46 AM   #44
bucketmouth
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: verizon 5.0.0.xxx

Wirelessly posted

Placed my order on sat 2pm...still no tracking info...wait is killing me...alreday have mp3..word docs..ect...ready...anybody order sat and get their storm???
Old 11-29-2008, 09:01 AM   #45
dwp1975
CrackBerry Addict

PIN: 304CEA0A
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

**WARNING**

If you are not eligible for equipment upgrade and you were able to convince your rep to get it upgraded anyways CALL VERIZON and KEEP CALLING THEM! I placed a order at 9:45am on 11/21 and got a early upgrade for 1 year pricing. I was promised a 11/25 ship date. I called each day to confirm the status and was given the same run around. So I called again yesterday and guess what.....THEY CANCELLED MY ORDER!!! Not only did they cancel it but they had no intention of calling me and letting me know. The rep who I spoke with had no idea why and then offered to ask her supervisor to give me the same pricing but I would now have to wait till the 15th for it ship if approved. I was beyond pissed so I cancelled all my lines and will get a Bold on AT&T. I have two BB plans with Verizon not to mention all the previous smartphones I purchased full retail and they totally crapped on me. So I left. But I advise all you early upgraders who haven't heard anything, haven't gotten a tracking or order number to CALL, CALL, CALL!!!
Old 11-29-2008, 09:16 AM   #46
bbaddikt
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8830

I ordered my Storm yesterday and was told it is out of stock and wont ship till December 15. Is that the party line? Or could it ship sooner? What are you guys hearing?
Thanks.
Old 11-29-2008, 10:11 AM   #47
rachamphetamine
BBF Moderator

Wirelessly posted (Verizon 9530)

It could ship sooner. Dec 8th is what the Verizon site says.
Old 11-29-2008, 12:35 PM   #48
lexaa75020

PIN: 3051FE13

Wirelessly posted

im really hoping mine comes soon, my stupid POS blackjack on ATT is really not helping my anxiousness....

got my order conformation on the 26th still no tracking info...
Old 11-29-2008, 12:36 PM   #49
Backnblack
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Curve
PIN: Ask

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwp1975 View Post
**WARNING**

If you are not eligible for equipment upgrade and you were able to convince your rep to get it upgraded anyways CALL VERIZON and KEEP CALLING THEM! I placed a order at 9:45am on 11/21 and got a early upgrade for 1 year pricing. I was promised a 11/25 ship date. I called each day to confirm the status and was given the same run around. So I called again yesterday and guess what.....THEY CANCELLED MY ORDER!!! Not only did they cancel it but they had no intention of calling me and letting me know. The rep who I spoke with had no idea why and then offered to ask her supervisor to give me the same pricing but I would now have to wait till the 15th for it ship if approved. I was beyond pissed so I cancelled all my lines and will get a Bold on AT&T. I have two BB plans with Verizon not to mention all the previous smartphones I purchased full retail and they totally crapped on me. So I left. But I advise all you early upgraders who haven't heard anything, haven't gotten a tracking or order number to CALL, CALL, CALL!!!
So you took all your toys and went home because you didn't get your way?
Old 11-29-2008, 12:40 PM   #50
albertwesker

Model: BOLD
Carrier: AT& T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backnblack View Post
lol....guys guys......
Old 11-29-2008, 12:41 PM   #51
Backnblack
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by albertwesker View Post
lol....guys guys......
just an observation...
Old 11-29-2008, 01:28 PM   #52
dwp1975
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
So you would be ok with your order being canceled and not be told, if you got nothing to do but wait for something that isn't going to come be my guest. I won't
Old 11-29-2008, 01:37 PM   #53
bbaddikt

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachamphetamine View Post
Wirelessly posted (Verizon 9530)

It could ship sooner. Dec 8th is what the Verizon site says.
Do you have a link where it says Dec 8th and is that date for NEW VZ customers or for existing customers who are upgrading their equipment? Also is that for online orders only? I placed my order by calling the VZ rep. Thanks.
Old 11-29-2008, 01:40 PM   #54
dwp1975
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbaddikt View Post
Do you have a link where it says Dec 8th and is that date for NEW VZ customers or for existing customers who are upgrading their equipment? Also is that for online orders only? I placed my order by calling the VZ rep. Thanks.
When did you place your order? Right now it's a crap shoot as to when your device will ship, but if you ordered it last week/weekend, I think the 5th was the worse case scenario ship date. After that I believe the ship date is the 15th.
Old 11-29-2008, 01:42 PM   #55
Backnblack
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
So you would be ok with your order being canceled and not be told, if you got nothing to do but wait for something that isn't going to come be my guest. I won't
I would say it got canceled due to the rep trying to do something he was not able to do, and it got caught....
Old 11-29-2008, 01:50 PM   #56
rachamphetamine
BBF Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbaddikt View Post
Ah, I just went to look at the Verizon site and it has switched back to 12/15 than the 12/8 date it used to show. My apologies for getting your hopes up as I was not aware it had changed.
Old 11-29-2008, 01:52 PM   #57
dwp1975
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
I would say it got canceled due to the rep trying to do something he was not able to do, and it got caught....
That's their fault not mines, they should of called and notified, if I was late for a bill you better believe they would call me ASAP. I would of been fine with the cancellation and stayed put with my current device. But hey, it's their loss.

But the moral of the story in between my rant is those early upgraders should keep calling as they too could be waiting for something that is never coming.

Last edited by dwp1975; 11-29-2008 at 01:54 PM..
Old 11-29-2008, 02:04 PM   #58
Backnblack
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
That's their fault not mines, they should of called and notified, if I was late for a bill you better believe they would call me ASAP. I would of been fine with the cancellation and stayed put with my current device. But hey, it's their loss.

But the moral of the story in between my rant is those early upgraders should keep calling as they too could be waiting for something that is never coming.

I added a line a paid full price for a second Storm.....
Old 11-29-2008, 02:12 PM   #59
bbaddikt

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachamphetamine View Post
Ah, I just went to look at the Verizon site and it has switched back to 12/15 than the 12/8 date it used to show. My apologies for getting your hopes up as I was not aware it had changed.
Its ok I am resigned to getting it no sooner than Dec 15.
In any event can you post the entire link where it says the date is Dec 15?
Thanks.
Old 11-29-2008, 02:15 PM   #60
dwp1975
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
I added a line a paid full price for a second Storm.....
Don't see your point but good for you, enjoy your Storm.
Closed Thread