Old 02-18-2011, 11:12 AM   #1
CMCAdmin
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8120
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Cincinnati Bell
Default Issues with syncing Public/Private contact lists

Please Login to Remove!

Hello All, I have searched the forums inside and out and cannot quite find an answer to my 2 questions related to public and private contacts. First off here is my setup:

BES 5.0.1(bundle 5) running on WinServer 2008SP2 64bit
Exchange 2003SP2 running on WinServer 2003SP1

I have a user that cannot sync our public contacts folder. In the past we have just copied and pasted to the users contacts folder in Outlook creating a 2nd private contact list. This brings me to the first issue, that users cannot sync a private contact list. When I access any user and go to Default Config>email I get a message at the top of the BAS window saying:

"a general mailstore error was encountered while attempting to retrieve the user's private contact folders. The private contact folders will not be displayed."

As a work around I thought I could setup the public address in exchange to sync. When I go to Servers and Components>Component view>email the pulic contact folders say that none are defined, but when I try and edit the component there is no options to add my public contact list.

If anyone has any idea on how to fix one/both issues please let me know, I will buy you lunch, haha. You can also send me an email abush-at-cincymuseum-dot-org. I am my companies Network Admin and dont have much BB admin experience, so bear with me if it takes an extra click to find something on the server...
Old 02-22-2011, 11:51 AM   #2
CMCAdmin
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8120
Carrier: Cincinnati Bell
Default Re: Issues with syncing Public/Private contact lists

Bump...

Did I stump everyone? Or, am I not asking the right questions?
Old 02-23-2011, 09:37 AM   #3
cyclmpc
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9800
Carrier: ATT

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMCAdmin View Post
Hello All, I have searched the forums inside and out and cannot quite find an answer to my 2 questions related to public and private contacts. First off here is my setup:

BES 5.0.1(bundle 5) running on WinServer 2008SP2 64bit
Exchange 2003SP2 running on WinServer 2003SP1

I have a user that cannot sync our public contacts folder. In the past we have just copied and pasted to the users contacts folder in Outlook creating a 2nd private contact list. This brings me to the first issue, that users cannot sync a private contact list. When I access any user and go to Default Config>email I get a message at the top of the BAS window saying:

"a general mailstore error was encountered while attempting to retrieve the user's private contact folders. The private contact folders will not be displayed."

As a work around I thought I could setup the public address in exchange to sync. When I go to Servers and Components>Component view>email the pulic contact folders say that none are defined, but when I try and edit the component there is no options to add my public contact list.

If anyone has any idea on how to fix one/both issues please let me know, I will buy you lunch, haha. You can also send me an email abush-at-cincymuseum-dot-org. I am my companies Network Admin and dont have much BB admin experience, so bear with me if it takes an extra click to find something on the server...

It does not appear that you have set up the BAS with the information it needs to publish your public folders. If you are seeing "None defined" message, then you have to set this up. Since you are 5.0.1, this may be of help KB21072-Unable to configure public contact folder synchronization in the BlackBerry Administration Service console 0 1149991711

If you do not have this issue, I would take a look here to set it up KB19111-How to configure public contact folder synchronization for BlackBerry Enterprise Server 5.0 0 1149991711 and here KB18162-Public contact folders are not available when managing a user's email settings in the BlackBerry Administration Service 0 1149991711

Hope it helps.
Old 02-28-2011, 09:36 AM   #4
KOR
CrackBerry Addict

Model: None
Carrier: Typhoid Mary

Have you set up your BES admin account as an owner of any of the public folders you want to advertise?
Closed Thread