BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 05-16-2005, 12:03 AM   #1
yozzdi

Model: 7280
Default Setting up a BB to read Yahoo mail

Please Login to Remove!

Hi,
My wife got a BB and I'm trying to set it up to display her email account. She uses a mail account @yahoo.com

- originally I set her free yahoo account to forward the mail to ther BB address, but then the mail arrived in her account as being FROM yahoo, so she couldn't reply to anything (Doh!)

- Then she upgraded to the PAID yahoo.com mail account, which promised mail forwarding. That works great, and I forwarded her yahoo.com mail to the BB. BUT IT DOESN'T RETAIN A COPY OF THE MAIL ON HERE YAHOO.COM MAIL ACCOUNT (Doh!!). She would of course want to have a copy on the Yahoo account and the BB.

So could someone please tell me what the recommended way for someone with a Yahoo mail account to be able to view the Yahoo mail on a BB.
Old 05-16-2005, 03:49 AM   #2
coreyg510
BBF Veteran

Model: 8700c
Carrier: Cingular

Would changing the following work?

Log on to your Mail account using your user name and password.
Click the "Mail Options" link, located in the upper right corner of the "Welcome" page.
Click the "General Preferences" link under the "Personalization" section.
Check the box labeled "Save your sent messages in the Sent Items folder" in the "Special Folders" section.

You can give this a try, since the mail is forwarded and she is not actually accessing her mail through her browser, I am not sure if it will copy in to the sent folder. You can give it a try. Tough question!
Old 05-16-2005, 08:32 AM   #3
washrb

if you go to the blackberry website and go to your mail manager you can put in the yahoo account. I have a yahoo account, which I did upgrade as well, and it works fine. You have options to keep the messages on the server. I am new to BB's so I know this is very vague but I hope it helps. Here is the link where I sign on. I know its SunCom but if you go onto the blackberry website you can choose your provider.

https://webclient.blackberry.net/Web...sp?site=suncom
Old 05-16-2005, 12:31 PM   #4
yozzdi

Thanks washrb,
To clarify, have you setup Yahoo to automatically PUSH (forward) the Yahoo emails to your BB, or have you setup the BB site to auto-poll (pull) the emails from your yahoo account?

I have currently setup the yahoo account to push (forward), and that's the thing that prevents them from ever appearing in the Yahoo inbox.
Old 05-16-2005, 12:34 PM   #5
yozzdi

Thanks Corey, I had already had that mail option set ""Save your sent messages in the Sent Items folder", and it doesn't consider mail that arrives and that it forwards to be worthy of saving in that (or any) folder.
Old 05-16-2005, 01:42 PM   #6
wlee309
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7520
Carrier: Nextel

Can you access Yahoo Mail through the Internet Browser?

I tried accessing www.mail.yahoo.com through the Internet Browser. After logging in, I always get a blank screen. So far, of all teh free webmail services I use, hotmail is the only one that works through Internet Browser.
Old 05-16-2005, 10:01 PM   #7
JDWallace
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon

I have the basic yahoo (free) and hotmail. I use my hotmail for important stuff and yahoo for jacking around with. I don't know why you would have to pay yahoo to upgrade just to get it to work. I am not a pusher for microsoft, but I do believe that good ole Bill has the right idea on this monopoly thing he has going. Hotmail has worked with anything I have had or used. I did have the same problems as Yozz with my free yahoo, but gave up and used the trusty hotmail.

www.breachbangclear.com
Old 05-17-2005, 03:03 PM   #8
hdbillp

I use the NexTel browser to view my free Yahoo mail. The new browser you get with the latest software (see first thread in this section) even works better. Just go to my.yahoo.com in your Blackberry browser and login. After login you should see a list of links including mail. Here you can get your mail directly from the Yahoo server and manage all messages. Perhaps not as integrated as having them in your Blackberry inbox but works just the same without paying Yahoo.
Old 05-17-2005, 05:38 PM   #9
7100simpleisbetter
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8120
PIN: Cushion
Carrier: TMobile
Default Pop

Just have your BWC pull the mail for you. It is a 15 minute delay but would imagine this is liveable for most people. Make sure you select leave mail on server or you problem won't be fixed.

7100sib
Closed Thread