Old 10-27-2009, 03:54 PM   #41
Stormtrooper TK9530

Model: 9530
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ernhrts3n8 View Post
I cannot download this version to my phone. I keep getting a fatal error. I checked with Verizon and they said that Blackberry was having some issues with some phones being able to download and suggested that I wait a few days and try again. I think I will stick with my older version.

I was having the exact same problem when I tried to download it thru DM. I downloaded it using the direct link and the instructions at the top of this thread and it worked fine for me. This is the best upgrade so far IMO. I too will be holding off a few weeks on the Storm2 now
Old 10-27-2009, 04:51 PM   #42
ernhrts3n8
Thumbs Must Hurt

I tried downloadig using the direct file and trying to bypass DM but it still will not work. Very frustrating to say the least!
Old 10-27-2009, 06:18 PM   #43
the maddman
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9930
PIN: 3312e4fc

Quote:
Originally Posted by icantpickem View Post
Anyone try tethering Storm using vista or windows 7?
I've never had an issue tethering my Storm on Windows 7, no matter which OS, released or beta I've used.
Old 10-27-2009, 08:27 PM   #44
kristinh612

Model: storm

Hi, I love the upgrade but I can't get facebook on my phone. It says its installed but it won't appear anywhere (and it is not hidden). Anyone else have this problem? I got my twitter and bbm back just missing facebook and then my upgrade would be perfect!!!!!
Old 10-27-2009, 09:34 PM   #45
audiokat
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8830

Ok I got messenger to work finally. I had to delete it like 3 times. I kept installing it and it kept not showing up. Oh well it's fine now. Someone else mentioned the screen brightness changing even though auto brightness is off. That's my only big issue left.

I still love it.
Old 10-27-2009, 09:36 PM   #46
audiokat

Model: 8830

Two other things that so far are great.

1. Applications seem to quit just by pressing the end button. How novel an idea. Before you had to click the BB button and go to close/exit or whatever. That was such a pain.

2. Battery life seems to be quite a bit better as well.
Old 10-28-2009, 02:30 AM   #47
mmorici

Default Os 5.0.0.328

I have to say, I've been using the leaked version of .328 for a few weeks now and absolutely love it. Major thing I've noticed is scrolling speed and speed off accessing applications. Glad Verizon finally came out with the official release. Just curious if there are any differences in the leaked version vs the official release, I'm downloading it now so we will see.
Old 10-28-2009, 02:33 AM   #48
hohoho43

Carrier: T-Mobile

I have an unlocked storm with T-mobile service. After I upgraded the OS to V5.0, I can't make any phone call, but receiving and sending e-mail or message was fine. I have upgraded and downgraded two times......it makes me frustrated........Is this V5.0 is for 3G carrier only? T-mobile is 2G.
Old 10-28-2009, 08:25 AM   #49
KOR
CrackBerry Addict

Model: None
Carrier: Typhoid Mary

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiokat View Post
Two other things that so far are great.

1. Applications seem to quit just by pressing the end button. How novel an idea. Before you had to click the BB button and go to close/exit or whatever. That was such a pain.

2. Battery life seems to be quite a bit better as well.
Not all apps close when clicking the end button in this release, and I'm glad they don't. I have some apps I want to continue running and I think it's more of a pain to click the menu button, then switch app, to send them to the background.
Old 10-28-2009, 08:37 AM   #50
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmorici View Post
I have to say, I've been using the leaked version of .328 for a few weeks now and absolutely love it. Major thing I've noticed is scrolling speed and speed off accessing applications. Glad Verizon finally came out with the official release. Just curious if there are any differences in the leaked version vs the official release, I'm downloading it now so we will see.
There's never a difference in OS releases IF they have the same release numbers... .328 is .328 regardless which carrier or if a leaked version. If there was a difference, then the release numbers would change.
Old 10-28-2009, 08:38 AM   #51
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low

Quote:
Originally Posted by hohoho43 View Post
I have an unlocked storm with T-mobile service. After I upgraded the OS to V5.0, I can't make any phone call, but receiving and sending e-mail or message was fine. I have upgraded and downgraded two times......it makes me frustrated........Is this V5.0 is for 3G carrier only? T-mobile is 2G.
No, it doesn't matter about the 3G vs 2G on Tmobile, that would not affect the phone service.
Old 10-28-2009, 08:52 AM   #52
dbower96
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: ?

I had a little trouble going through the DM to load this new OS, but after about an hour with a tech from Verizon (who had me go through the App Loader on the BB site), I got it loaded up and all errors resolved. Very simple process, but time consuming as this OS has so many modules.

Played with it some before going to bed last night, and then a little on the way to work this morning. I love it. Switching between applications is snappy, keyboard is more responsive. All apps that I had before had to be downloaded again, but they are all working with 5.0 and maybe even a little better. The only drawback for me is that I lost the use of many of the cool themes that I had since they were developed for 4.7. However, the default "Precision" theme comes with a today option in which messages, missed calls, and upcoming appointments can be displayed on the home screen.

Overall, I am very happy with this new OS, and actually can't believe that Verizon got it out before the official release of the Storm II. According to the tech that I talked to, this OS is the same one that the Storm II will be coming with, so other than the Wi-Fi, better screen, and upgrade in on-board memory, the two are very similar. I think I will be able to wait a little while before I upgrade to the Storm II now!
Old 10-28-2009, 10:21 AM   #53
ernhrts3n8
Thumbs Must Hurt

I just spoke with a Verizon Tech person and told them the problem that I was having with fatal errors and all. He stated to me that some people are having many problems with this version and to wait until the next fix comes out in a couple of weeks. I hope he is right about a fix coming out in a couple of weeks....I don't think I will hold my breat waiting....lol.
Old 10-28-2009, 12:15 PM   #54
westentertainer

Model: storm
Carrier: t mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by zero7404 View Post
dling this OS right now....would be interesting to see what's different from .323 which is what i'm using now.
hi did you see any difference? thanks
Old 10-28-2009, 01:21 PM   #55
KOR
CrackBerry Addict

Model: None
Carrier: Typhoid Mary

Quote:
Originally Posted by ernhrts3n8 View Post
I just spoke with a Verizon Tech person and told them the problem that I was having with fatal errors and all. He stated to me that some people are having many problems with this version and to wait until the next fix comes out in a couple of weeks. I hope he is right about a fix coming out in a couple of weeks....I don't think I will hold my breat waiting....lol.
Sounds to me like the rep was trying to get you off the phone. He didn't tell you the check's in the mail too, did he
Old 10-28-2009, 01:48 PM   #56
ernhrts3n8
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOR View Post
Sounds to me like the rep was trying to get you off the phone. He didn't tell you the check's in the mail too, did he
No, he actually said if it was him he would wait. He said if I my phone was working well with the OS it has now, then I should wait a little bit. He did give me the website to go to instead of going through DM (BlackBerry® Software Updates), I may try this direct link and see if it loads properly for me and then go back and get the updates later.
Old 10-28-2009, 01:56 PM   #57
stevied04

Carrier: verizon

anyone know if you can use the APPLEBERRY THEME on the new OS. i downloaded the new OS for the S1 this morning and when i used the APPLE BERRY THEME it was glitching really bad. so i am now with the old BB Theme...kinda boring but its wroking...love the new OS i just want to use my old Theme!
Old 10-28-2009, 02:18 PM   #58
zero7404
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

PIN: n/a
Carrier: tmob

so it's been 2 days now...so far everything's running smooth.....next best thing to getting the storm 2 i guess would be this OS on the 9530

i rebooted my device once so far, Storm Level Pro was updated and now works with .328...
Old 10-28-2009, 02:53 PM   #59
hohoho43

Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSanders View Post
No, it doesn't matter about the 3G vs 2G on Tmobile, that would not affect the phone service.
Weird! But I have tried many times to upgrade and downgrade.......I can't use my phone service at all. HELP!!!
Old 10-28-2009, 07:27 PM   #60
mmorici

Default Correction in my last post

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSanders View Post
There's never a difference in OS releases IF they have the same release numbers... .328 is .328 regardless which carrier or if a leaked version. If there was a difference, then the release numbers would change.
Sorry I posted the wrong version # of the leaked it was .230. I have noticed some differences in the two versions. Leaked .230 seems to me a little faster than .328 for some reason, but overall I'm happy with it
Closed Thread