Closed Thread

Old 01-25-2008, 06:41 PM   #1
brices

Model: 8830
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Default Entourage 2008 sync

Please Login to Remove!

Does anyone know, besides the Sync Services to Address Book and iCal, know if there is another solution to sync to a Blackberry from Entourage? I am having tons of issues with this sync system. For example, the website address does not sync from Address Book to the Blackberry. Changes made in a contact on the Blackberry does not sync back to Address Book/Entourage.
I have Parallels on my computer, is there a way to get Entourage to Parallels, then to the Blackberry?
Are there any phones, Blackberry or not, that truly sync with Entourage?
Old 01-26-2008, 03:41 PM   #2
finch
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: N/A
Carrier: N/A

What exactly are you trying to accomplish? Wireless sync or USB. If your after wireless sync with M$ 2008 you need connectivity with an Exchange server or third party Exchange host (see sponsor forum) I haven't tried yet but based upon how awful M$ 2004 is with Exchange I'm wouldn't get my hopes up.

For USB sync I use Desktop Manager on my work notebook and Missing Sync for BlackBerry on my MacBook to sync with Address Book and iCal, works just fine under Tiger and Leopard.
Old 01-27-2008, 12:39 AM   #3
brices

Default Entourage 2008

I am simply trying to USB sync my Verizon 8130 with Entourage. When I use the sync services via Address Book, not all my items from entourage get to the phone.
Old 01-29-2008, 09:46 AM   #4
tru2life
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8703e
Carrier: Sprint
Default 2008 Entourage dun work

for what ever reason Microsoft and Apple have left out the ability to sync with entourage.

read it on Blackberrycool.com
BlackBerry syncing dropped from Entourage 2008 | BlackBerry Cool
Made the mistake and tried a treo 700p......
Old 01-29-2008, 10:44 AM   #5
tobyw
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8100
Carrier: T-Mobile UK

I'm a bit concerned reading this, as I was planning to upgrade to Office 2008 in the near future. At the moment, with Entourage 2004, I sync to iCal and Address Book from Entourage and then to my BB courtesy of Missing Sync.

I wasn't aware that BlackBerries could sync directly with Entourage (apart from the BES route), but the removal of any ability to sync to Apple's iCal and Address Book is a serious blow for me!

Can anyone that has Entourage 2008 elaborate?
Old 01-29-2008, 10:56 AM   #6
tobyw

Carrier: T-Mobile UK

Having checked the Mark/Space forums as a potential source of further information, I have found that there are a lot of reports of problems with Entourage 2008 syncing. It appears that these are mainly down to the changes Microsoft have made from 2004-->2008.

The prospects for syncing a BB with Entourage 2008 (particularly with all the fields that work in Entourage 2004 to BB) don't seem to be too rosy.
Old 01-29-2008, 11:12 AM   #7
brices

Default Entourage 2008 Sync

Let me make some things clear.
1. I seem to NOT have a problem syncing items from the BB thru iCal to Entourage.
2. I seem to NOT have a problem syncing items from Entourage thru iCal to the BB.
3. I seem to HAVE a problem syncing fields (website/URL) from Entourage thru Address Book to the BB.
4. The changes I make to a contact on the BB do NOT sync back to Entourage thru Address Book.

The device does sync most things, just not all of them. If you can live with limited field syncing, then I think the upgrade to Entourage 2008 is worth it. I like the new interface, I really like My Day.
Old 01-30-2008, 01:18 PM   #8
PPCMD

Model: 8820
Carrier: AT&T

The problem I am having with MissingSync/ Entourage 2008 & my BB8820 is the contacts. If I sync the contacts it works fine the first time, then it duplicates over and over again each following sync. I put a case in a week ago and MarkSpace as usual is NOT answering their emails. I pay for an app (full price mind you) I expect to get full support.
Old 01-30-2008, 03:29 PM   #9
vidmaster99
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Carrier: T-Mobile

Works fine for me, Entourage 08, Leopard and 8100. Of course I started with a clean Sync Services and an overwrite sync, by following/modifying these steps at:

Sync Services and Spotlight FAQs

How do I reset sync services and start fresh? (Warning this erases data!!!)

1. Turn OFF all sync services in Entourage preferences
2. Quit ALL Office applications (including Daemon)
3. Quit Safari, Address Book & iCal and all applications synching through .Mac (Transmit, Yojimbo...)
4. Use Activity Monitor to quit Sync Services
5. Delete the contents of ~/Library/Application Support/Sync Services/
6. Optionally: if you want to replace all data in the system Address book and iCal with Entourage data, delete all iCal & Address Book Data Files:

~/Application Support/iCal/*
~/Calendars/*
~/Application Support/AddressBook/*
~/Library/Caches/com.apple.iCal/*
~/Library/Caches/com.apple.AddressBook/*

7. Reboot the Mac.
8. Restart all applications that sync to .Mac (Safari, Address Book, iCal, etc.... and Entourage).
9. Turn ON Sync Services in Entourage preferences.
10. Have Entourage replace all Sync Services items.

Set Missing Sync to overwrite the BlackBerry on the next sync only.

After the overwrite, normal syncing works fine.

Last edited by vidmaster99; 02-01-2008 at 01:14 PM..
Old 02-01-2008, 04:56 PM   #10
TracyD

Model: CURVE
Carrier: SUNCOM
Red face more help from vidmaster

I copied your info and am putting in questions:
Of course I started with a clean Sync Services and an overwrite sync, by following/modifying these steps at:

How do I reset sync services and start fresh? (Warning this erases data!!!)

1. Turn OFF all sync services in Entourage preferences
2. Quit ALL Office applications (including Daemon)
3. Quit Safari, Address Book & iCal and all applications synching through .Mac (Transmit, Yojimbo...)
4. Use Activity Monitor to quit Sync Services
5. Delete the contents of ~/Library/Application Support/Sync Services/[when i go here there is no file called Sync Services]
6. Optionally: if you want to replace all data in the system Address book and iCal with Entourage data, delete all iCal & Address Book Data Files:[there were no files named any of these things either]

~/Application Support/iCal/*
~/Calendars/*
~/Application Support/AddressBook/*
~/Library/Caches/com.apple.iCal/*
~/Library/Caches/com.apple.AddressBook/*

7. Reboot the Mac.
8. Restart all applications that sync to .Mac (Safari, Address Book, iCal, etc.... and Entourage).
9. Turn ON Sync Services in Entourage preferences.
10. Have Entourage replace all Sync Services items. [how do you do this?]

Set Missing Sync to overwrite the BlackBerry on the next sync only. [how do you do this]

After the overwrite, normal syncing works fine.[/QUOTE]

I hope you can help. I just got my BB and am trying to make it work. Your help is GREATLY appreciated.
Old 02-02-2008, 08:07 PM   #11
kevinwa

Model: 8310

Can I ask what you use to install and remove applications as it appears Missing Sync does not do this.
Old 02-04-2008, 09:32 AM   #12
plakius
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: None

tracy ... it's the library folder in your home not your HD .... And as for step 10 .... My entouage wouldn't give me that option either so i went in and deleted with a vengeance ..... here is what was deleted

In home/library/preferences.......I deleted:
---com.microsoft.entourage.syncservices12.plist
--- com.microsoft.Entourage.plist
Then in home/library/preferences/Microsoft..... I deleted
---Entourage Preferences
---com.microsoft.Office.prefs.plist
Then in home/library/preferences/Microsoft/Office 2008 ... I deleted
----Entourage Preferences
---OfficeSync Prefs
---Microsoft Office 2008 Settings.plist

See i told you I went a bit crazy ... LOL
Then i rebooted ..... When i opened up Entourage the sync options were there

This sync method though is pretty much a joke ... I think pocket mac and entourage worked just fine for me ... i hope they pull it together and get this problem resolved

Last edited by plakius; 02-04-2008 at 09:37 AM..
Old 06-27-2008, 03:49 PM   #13
digit323

Default PocketMac is on the case

They say there are at end of testing.. If it is true and you are willing to shell over $24.95 (90-day money back guarantee), life with 2008 for Mac is back for the BBheads.

PocketMac For BlackBerry

UPDATE: Looks like Blackberry offers it as a free download. I have not done it but a Mac friend advised that it is free at this link. Could be a trial version or some such but worth checking out.

I'm a PC user helping out a Mac user, so no direct experience with this software. But please please please post results here if you try it.

Thanks.

Last edited by digit323; 06-28-2008 at 09:37 AM.. Reason: New information
Old 06-28-2008, 07:52 AM   #14
PPCMD

I'm still having issues reconciling the calendar. I use BIS so my work mail comes to my BB 8820 and I accept the meeting on it and meetings I schedule I send a copy to my BB as well, but it then runs into issues where it is duplicating. I have worked from so many clean slates its becoming useless and more clear that I should use BES for personal and BIS for my work mail. We have BES at work I just prefer not to have my BB locked down and monitored by corp since it is not paid for, not reimbursed on or part of my job I just like being accessible on the go.
Old 07-02-2008, 05:50 PM   #15
camera56

Model: 8620
Carrier: tmobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by digit323 View Post
They say there are at end of testing.. If it is true and you are willing to shell over $24.95 (90-day money back guarantee), life with 2008 for Mac is back for the BBheads.

PocketMac For BlackBerry

UPDATE: Looks like Blackberry offers it as a free download. I have not done it but a Mac friend advised that it is free at this link. Could be a trial version or some such but worth checking out.

I'm a PC user helping out a Mac user, so no direct experience with this software. But please please please post results here if you try it.

Thanks.
I've been using this software for several months. I've never been able to make it sync with Entourage so I gave up trying. It may work. It also does a crummy job of syncing recurring calendar items like birthdays. Over time, it does to really unhelpful things:

Duplicates birthday entries. So over time you get multiples of them, in some cases like ten to 15 or more.

It moves the date. So that over time, my birthday has moved back four days. I stopped trying to figure out why this was happening. A real PITA.
Old 07-06-2008, 08:49 AM   #16
kevinwa

Model: 8310

Quote:
Originally Posted by camera56 View Post
I've been using this software for several months. I've never been able to make it sync with Entourage so I gave up trying. It may work. It also does a crummy job of syncing recurring calendar items like birthdays. Over time, it does to really unhelpful things:

Duplicates birthday entries. So over time you get multiples of them, in some cases like ten to 15 or more.

It moves the date. So that over time, my birthday has moved back four days. I stopped trying to figure out why this was happening. A real PITA.
This is still (Ver 4.0.20b) the same old stuff. It doesn't work with Entourage 2008. Still won't sync right.
Old 07-06-2008, 10:11 AM   #17
FourtyEightFan
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8320
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinwa View Post
This is still (Ver 4.0.20b) the same old stuff. It doesn't work with Entourage 2008. Still won't sync right.
PocketMac is old and "buggy". Does anyone know if there are plans for an upgrade?

~J.
Old 07-06-2008, 11:12 PM   #18
PPCMD

It would be great if RIM would just make syncing your BB on a single home user easier.
Closed Thread