Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2006, 06:27 PM   #1
f!ver
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7280
Carrier: Cingular
Default Duplicate Addresses

Please Login to Remove!

I have a 7280 and on BES. I go and turn off the sync ability and clear off all my addresses. Then I go turn it back on so my BES will resync with it. In my outlook I have like 2k contacts..but when I look at my BB address book it has like 5k! and everything has duplicates..even when I say not to allow duplicates...anyone know what Im doing wrong?
Old 06-05-2006, 06:44 PM   #2
gdpmumin
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9630
Carrier: VZW

I would assume you haven't gotten the answer you wanted the other times you've posted this exact question. I would suggest, then, that you contact your IT department or support personnel to help you out.
Old 06-05-2006, 10:56 PM   #3
f!ver
Thumbs Must Hurt

geeez man I come on here for help...and all I get is smartass remarks back. Not that its any of your business but I just fired my IT guy...we are interviewing new ones...
Old 06-05-2006, 11:16 PM   #4
gdpmumin
CrackBerry Addict

Wirelessly posted (VZW 7130e: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0) BlackBerry7130e/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

No, you're right. I don't really care that you just fired your IT guy. But, you have a responsibility to the other users on the forum. Don't keep asking the same question over and over again.
Old 06-06-2006, 07:00 AM   #5
bobelliottjr
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7520
PIN: 4011A2D7
Carrier: Nextel

Attention "gdpmumin",

If you wish that someone does not post the same question more than once, then you being truly "Mr. SmartAss", then just answer anyone question on their first posting.

Quote:
My Blackberry 7520, I never leave home without, it is my office on the move ...
Old 06-06-2006, 09:02 AM   #6
gdpmumin
CrackBerry Addict

f!ver asked essentially the same question by starting two different threads several days ago. He linked to the first thread in his second thread. His first thread received quick replies. He complained in his second thread that no one was willing to help and started badmouthing members of the forum. A moderator suggestion that whining was no way to get started on the forums. Apparently f!ver hasn't learned that lesson yet.

So last night, rather than updating and bumping one of his two original threads by saying, "Hey guys, I'm still having trouble here; can someone help me out," he starts a third thread. It's bad forum etiquette to double post, but f!ver blew that out of the water by triple posting.

This board has a lot of knowledgeable people on it. But sometimes a question doesn't get answered. Maybe his question is too unique. Maybe other users don't have all the information they need to give an answer. But you don't start three different threads to ask the same question!

At least now he has an interview question for his IT candidates. "Hey, if you can answer this one question, you're hired."
Old 06-06-2006, 11:40 AM   #7
f!ver
Thumbs Must Hurt

Who did I bad mouth in the forums?

Im trying to be nice, but please if you cant help me...then you dont have to reply or post...by me triple posting or whatever does it hurt your eyes? Does it make your computer come to a crawl? Does it make you feel bad..anything? If so I truly am sorry.

Anyways I tried to re-sync my BES to my addresses after I deleted em...and my 1600 contacts are turning into 4k lol...some double ..some not...and I make sure I dont have duplicates in my outlook by going to check...and their is only 1 entry. One other thing is that this is on a network...so I dont know if its taking everyone contacts..or just mine..because a few of us have the same, but I was under the impression that it sync'd at the user name in outlook level. Any help would be greatly appreciated...plz dont make me go quadruple!! lol
Old 06-06-2006, 01:35 PM   #8
charliemurphy
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8703E
Carrier: Verizon

Are you using interaction for contacts. If so this is a known issue interaction duplicates your contacts. Also is the same contact in different folders?
Old 06-06-2006, 02:58 PM   #9
f!ver
Thumbs Must Hurt

well...I only see my username..and it show my contacts. However I can go look at "shared" contacts and pick a user on the network and see their contacts..at that point it gets added to the shared contacts column...but ive taken everyone off my shared contacts.. Som im thinking that maybe its pullin all the contacts at the root level off the server, and not through just my user name...its really weird...cause some duplicate and some dont. Im not familiar with interactions.
Old 06-07-2006, 10:25 AM   #10
f!ver
Thumbs Must Hurt

Lol ok quick update...I just realized we have some sort of T support...so im just gonna call them lol
Old 06-07-2006, 10:32 AM   #11
stufried
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: E61
Carrier: Eitislat

Quote:
Originally Posted by f!ver
Lol ok quick update...I just realized we have some sort of T support...so im just gonna call them lol
Sperry software has a program called "duplicates eliminator" which will eliminate various duplicate contacts and stuff from your Outlook contacts. When I moved from SMTP mail to Exchange, I merged the e-mails, contacts, etc. from my home computer, work computer, and notebook into one PST and ran their suite against it to clean the same up. Worked like a charrm.
Old 06-07-2006, 10:41 AM   #12
f!ver
Thumbs Must Hurt

The duplicates dont reside in outlook...somehow its getting duplicated on the sync.
Old 06-07-2006, 10:43 AM   #13
charliemurphy
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8703E
Carrier: Verizon

Go to your address book> go to options> see if "Allow Duplicate Names" has a yes by it. if so change it to no.. That's all i can give now.
Old 06-07-2006, 10:52 AM   #14
f!ver
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by f!ver
I have a 7280 and on BES. I go and turn off the sync ability and clear off all my addresses. Then I go turn it back on so my BES will resync with it. In my outlook I have like 2k contacts..but when I look at my BB address book it has like 5k! and everything has duplicates..even when I say not to allow duplicates...anyone know what Im doing wrong?

Nope, I already said I tried checking no in that option..lol

I wish this was simple....wheres that Mark Rejorn genius when you need him..lol I need to shine A BB light in the air like a batman signal for him to come.
Old 06-07-2006, 11:15 AM   #15
gdpmumin
CrackBerry Addict

It seems like for all this trouble you could just re-provision the handheld, which really isn't all that big a deal. Would that work?
Old 06-07-2006, 11:28 AM   #16
f!ver
Thumbs Must Hurt

The funny thing is, is when I go to my contacts in my Outlook...on the bottom left it says I have 2952 Items. When I go to my contact properties it says I have the same 2952, but it also says OFFLINE contacts 2952...so im wondering if the BES is taking both? I dont know...and this T support is f**kin rediculous...this takes wayyyy too long!
Closed Thread