Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2006, 10:29 PM   #1
f!ver
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7280
Carrier: Cingular
Default BES Connection question

Please Login to Remove!

I posted this in another thread..but nobody ever goes there...I want to know if there is a was I can check and see if my devise is synced...and if it isnt..how do I get it to re sync....this is a link to the other thread and you can kinda read my dilema...thatk you guys

http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=36217
Old 05-25-2006, 01:19 AM   #2
f!ver
Thumbs Must Hurt

wow...this is why I suggested IRC...nobody likes my questions I guess...I have valid questions lol...and yet someone who wants to hack a WAP network to get a phone number off a pin..(stalker shit)....gets more attention..I give up
Old 05-25-2006, 07:37 AM   #3
CanuckBB
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9900
Carrier: Rogers

Why don't you just grow up. You post the first question at 6:00 pm, and by 2:00 am you ***** about no responses? you're a dork.
Old 05-25-2006, 08:39 AM   #4
f!ver
Thumbs Must Hurt

ok im taking it that this is a website where we bash people isntead of trying to get help or give help.
Old 05-25-2006, 01:59 PM   #5
Aroc
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9000
PIN: 20878533
Carrier: ATT

Looks like you got a prompt reply to your other thread. The answer was detailed and accurate. I'm not sure what your complaint is. As for the other problems in that thread, why not get in touch with your BES/Exchange admin. I'm having trouble wading through the grammar in your post.

I know how to answer your question from a Lotus Domino/Notes perspective, but not MS Exchange/Outlook. sorry. For sync status, it in the BlackBerryProfiles database of the BES\ folder on the Domino server. When in there, look the the statistics view, and pull up your profile. Information like

Time the last message was received by the handheld:
Time the last message was sent by the handheld:
Time since last handheld contact:
Time last cradled:

Is stored in there. I assume BES on Exchange has something similar.

As for your contact sync'ing problem, I don't know. Sounds like something is set up quite right. It might be easier to call you carrier and ask for "wireless data support." Troubleshooting this would go much quicker with you sitting in front on your computer with your BlackBerry. I'm specualting that there is a problem with your outlook contacts file or files and maybe the outlook and/or desktop manager installation(s) themselves.

Are you using some sort of a shared address book / contacts database? Corruption might account for some of the problems. It's hard to say. I'd back up your data, remove all outlook software and blackBerry software on your PC. Start with a base install and a simple, standalone contacts DB and go from there. Some information seems to be missing from what you are telling us.

Quote:
ok im taking it that this is a website where we bash people isntead of trying to get help or give help
. No, we're generally a nice, pleasant forum here. but it's only been a day or two, so lighten up. If 2 weeks lapse, and you get no response, maybe. But not a day or two. I'd call you a whiny ***** too. ;) None of us exist for your instant gratification. show some patience and maturity.

Last edited by Aroc; 05-25-2006 at 02:13 PM..
Old 05-25-2006, 02:23 PM   #6
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7
Carrier: Verizon

And whining about you are not getting responses is certainly no way to get started on this forum. Just some advice from someone who posts her just a bit.
Closed Thread