Old 01-16-2007, 05:40 PM   #1
TorontoWorldWide
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8100
Carrier: Rogers
Default erased emails/call log/memory leak

Please Login to Remove!

Hello,

I've looked through searched threads and have not found a sure-fire solution to this issue. For the money I spent on the Pearl, I can't believe it's erasing my emails and call log. My question is: is this an issue with some, but not all of the Pearls? If that's the case, I'll just exchange the thing at Rogers. Or is it a problem with all Pearls, but just some people don't have the issue (don't use mucm memory, or have a certain OS)? I don't know anything about OS's, feeling pretty lost here actually.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Old 01-16-2007, 05:44 PM   #2
MythmbHurts
CrackBerry Addict

you have searched for deleted call logs?
BB 8100 4.2.0.69
Old 01-16-2007, 05:45 PM   #3
mckinneycm
Cisco Engineer

Model: 9700
PIN: 100001011001011000001100111011
Carrier: AT&T

Pull your battery out for 10 seconds and when it boots back up, check your memory.

When you use programs, make sure you press the menu button and then close the program. If you just press escape or the red end button, the program is still running in the background using memory. Also, make sure if you are instant messenger programs that you end the conversations when you are done. This will also free up memory.

Also, make sure you're storing all of your media on a microSD card and not on the phone itself.

www.coreymckinney.com
Old 01-16-2007, 07:43 PM   #4
TorontoWorldWide

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckinneycm
Pull your battery out for 10 seconds and when it boots back up, check your memory.

When you use programs, make sure you press the menu button and then close the program. If you just press escape or the red end button, the program is still running in the background using memory. Also, make sure if you are instant messenger programs that you end the conversations when you are done. This will also free up memory.

Also, make sure you're storing all of your media on a microSD card and not on the phone itself.
If I exchange my Blackberry, is there a chance the new one won't have this "leak" issue, or do all units have this problem, and it just has to be managed?

Thanks.
Old 01-16-2007, 07:46 PM   #5
krad
No longer Registered.

Model: 0000

i would bet it is software....

are you on bes? your admin could have expire limits...

What is weird is i get about 100 emails a day... and they are all there, right there on my pearl. No erased call log or missing messages.

Maybe a bis issue? I am on bes... just upgraded to 4.1.2 today.
Old 01-17-2007, 12:30 AM   #6
TorontoWorldWide

Quote:
Originally Posted by krad
i would bet it is software....

are you on bes? your admin could have expire limits...

What is weird is i get about 100 emails a day... and they are all there, right there on my pearl. No erased call log or missing messages.

Maybe a bis issue? I am on bes... just upgraded to 4.1.2 today.
I'm on BES. Maybe upgrading my OS will solve the problem? MAnnnn... this is becoming way too inconvenient. I understand small bugs but this is weird.
Old 01-23-2007, 12:31 AM   #7
longhornalex

Model: Pearl
Carrier: Cingular

I having the same issues and actually started a new thread becuase of it. I didn't really realize that is was a memory thing. I did take the battery out and that helped free up a ton of memory but I think that its rediculous that you have to reboot your phone and keep and eye on the memory levels just to make sure you don't loose any emails.

I do erase all my emails every five days but still I agree way to complicated. Can't they just make a damn phone that works! I did figure out how to make it a modem which is sweet.

Oh well...
Old 01-23-2007, 03:44 AM   #8
walds11
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 3GS
Carrier: at&t

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhornalex
I having the same issues and actually started a new thread becuase of it. I didn't really realize that is was a memory thing. I did take the battery out and that helped free up a ton of memory but I think that its rediculous that you have to reboot your phone and keep and eye on the memory levels just to make sure you don't loose any emails.

I do erase all my emails every five days but still I agree way to complicated. Can't they just make a damn phone that works! I did figure out how to make it a modem which is sweet.

Oh well...
I am there with you. Frustrating, but my phone performs well enough that I can handle it. I pull the battery about once a week. My memory never drops below 20 megs (or whatever you call it).
Old 01-23-2007, 06:25 AM   #9
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7
Carrier: Verizon

Check how many language packs and input languages you've installed on your BB. Several times that has been the cause of the memory "leak".
Closed Thread