BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2006, 03:03 PM   #1
courterrd

Model: 7130g
Carrier: Cincinnati Bell
Default Multiple e-mail accounts and BES

Please Login to Remove!

Hello all! I'm new here to the forums, so, I hope I'm posting this properly.

I have a Blackberry 7520 and we're running a BES server. I've got 3 other e-mail addresses associated with the Blackberry. Each of the e-mail accounts has their own little envelope icon associated with them. The icon that says Messages displays all the messages from the BES server, plus what's under the other 3 accounts. I would like the Messages to only show me what's on our internal e-mail server that BES is connected to. It's a pain to have to scroll through all the other messages from the other accounts to find the corporate messages.

Any body have any ideas how to get the other 3 accounts to only show messages under their icons?

Thanks!

-Ron
Old 07-12-2006, 04:15 PM   #2
BERDucky
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 7290

no way to do this - all email goes to the main folder
Old 07-12-2006, 04:21 PM   #3
d_fisher
Retired BlackBerryForums.com Moderator

Model: 9700
Carrier: AT&T

Sorry, can't do it. I know its a PITA. Not sure why they didn't add an option to only show the BES email in the Messages ribbon.

Remember, please try searching first!

Need a screenshot? ... Like JavaLoader?
Try using BBscreen .....Use JL_Cmder!
or BBScreenShooter!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 07-13-2006, 04:47 AM   #4
JerryD
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by courterrd
Hello all! I'm new here to the forums, so, I hope I'm posting this properly.

I have a Blackberry 7520 and we're running a BES server. I've got 3 other e-mail addresses associated with the Blackberry. Each of the e-mail accounts has their own little envelope icon associated with them. The icon that says Messages displays all the messages from the BES server, plus what's under the other 3 accounts. I would like the Messages to only show me what's on our internal e-mail server that BES is connected to. It's a pain to have to scroll through all the other messages from the other accounts to find the corporate messages.

Any body have any ideas how to get the other 3 accounts to only show messages under their icons?

Thanks!

-Ron
Well, this ain't pretty, but it works...

In Messages, click the wheel and select Search. Scroll down to Service and change it to Desktop. You can specify specific folders to search by scrolling to Folder and hitting Space and selecting ONE folder (like the Inbox). You can also show either Sent and Received, Received Only, Sent Only, Saved Only, or Draft Only in the Show: field. You can also set the Type of message (All, Email, Email with Attachments, PIN, SMS, Phone, Voice Mail).

Don't enter ANY text in any fields. Now, Click the wheel and select Save. Enter a Title (maybe BES), scroll to Shortcut Key and hit the letter you'd like to assign this search to (like b). Click the wheel and select Save. The search will be executed, and the top line will say BES.

Now, whenever you're in Messages, hold down Alt (1/2 moon) and hit b, and all your BES messages will be displayed.

Old 07-13-2006, 06:17 AM   #5
courterrd

Model: 7130g
Carrier: Cincinnati Bell
Talking The Search Works

Thanks for the tip. I tried the Search function and that seems to work just fine. It filters out everything except the messages that come from our corporate e-mail system through BES. Now I don't have to scroll through all the other e-mail from the other 3 accounts to get to work related items. I appreciate the info.

-Ron
Closed Thread