Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2006, 05:57 AM   #1
Lex Luthor
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9800
Carrier: xxx9824;xxx9824;xxx9824;xxx9824;xxx9824;
Default Error upon installing themes

Please Login to Remove!

Okay so I am sitting here with my cousin trying to figure out what went wrong with his blackberry and we're both stumped and hoping our fellow crackberry addicts can help out.

Both of us followed Seattle18's instructions and easily loaded the Vodafone, T Mobile and 02 themes. Today I showed him that Seattle18 had updated his instructions and added instructions on how to get the zen theme.

He wanted to try it first so we followed the instructions exactly and loaded everything up. The zen theme works as does the browsers (after a reset) but there is no sound. If you go into profiles and try to edit them you get the following message: Uncaught exception: java.lang.NullPointerException.

He wanted me to try it on my blackberry to see if I got the same error but don't have the guts to try it now after that. I use my blackberry for business as well as pleasure but if I have no sound and don't know when my blackberry goes off I am hooped.

I suggested we try it again from scratch so we did and this time we copy pasted the alx file that seattle18 was nice enough to post and we tried to load things again. When it was finished we got the same error when the blackberry booted up and when trying to edit the profiles.

I really like the zen theme and would love to use it also but am scared after seeing what happened to my cousins blackberry. Anyone out there know what may have caused this and how to go about fixing things?
Old 02-27-2006, 07:08 AM   #2
ChrisBenson
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100

I don't know why you would get that error. I don't know if this will work or not but try reverting back to your carriers original handheld code and that will allow your cousin to use his bberry again with sound. You'll lose your funky new themes but I'm sure someone here can tell you more about error messages. I am not the bberry tech kinda person. On the bright side at least the bberry will be audible and you won't have to always check for messages visually or watch for a blinking light. Good luck though I hope things get resolved. Keep us posted.
Old 02-27-2006, 07:52 AM   #3
Lex Luthor

Thanks for a quick reply. We took your advice and downgraded his firmware to the orginal 4.1 code for Rogers Wireless and everything is working again. I sent a pin to him and it gave him the notifier alert.

I guess if that worked for him maybe now I can try to install the newer firmware with the Zen theme and if I get the same error I can just go back to the original code. We'll see if I can muster up the courage to do it though
Old 02-27-2006, 04:54 PM   #4
Lex Luthor

Since this has already been discussed and being resolved in another thread could an admin or mod pls shut this thread down or delete it or whatever it is you powers that be do? Thx!!
Closed Thread