Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2008, 09:20 AM   #1
RedSoxFan
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8330
Carrier: Verizon
Default Curve Holster

Please Login to Remove!

Do you guys know if RIM makes the similar holster for the Curve as they do for the 8703? I am a long time 8703 user and LOVE the holster. I can take my phone out of it one hand and it automatically puts it into sleep mode etc. I have search and search and it doesn't appear that RIM makes one. I don't want the leather case and I would rather stay clear from the 3rd party makers.

Anyone?
Old 05-04-2008, 09:42 AM   #2
Cory Scheuer
No longer Registered.

Model: 8900
Carrier: None

a picture would be good of the 8703 one... becuase i have no idea what that case looks like...
Old 05-04-2008, 10:35 AM   #3
legacyb4
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: N/A
Carrier: Bell Mobility

Blackberry Curve Accessories, Blackberry 8300 Accessories, Blackberry Curve Cases, Blackberry Curve Batteries, BlackBerry Curve Chargers and other quality BlackBerry Curve Accessories from BlackBerrysource.com
Old 05-08-2008, 09:10 AM   #4
DopeBB
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: Storm
PIN: Ask Me!
Carrier: Telus Mobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSoxFan View Post
Do you guys know if RIM makes the similar holster for the Curve as they do for the 8703? I am a long time 8703 user and LOVE the holster. I can take my phone out of it one hand and it automatically puts it into sleep mode etc. I have search and search and it doesn't appear that RIM makes one. I don't want the leather case and I would rather stay clear from the 3rd party makers.

Anyone?
I've been using the 8703e for over a year and switched to the Curve yesterday.. I completely agree about the holster. I could use different settings when the phone was in the in the holster and out.. I noticed that in the Curve settings, the option (In // Out of holster) is still there. I presume there is a similar holster. I can't find it tho.
Old 05-08-2008, 09:39 AM   #5
vco08
Thumbs Must Hurt

I ordered the Curve for Verizon a couple of days ago and I also ordered the holster for it. It works really good with the phone. I got it in the bundle with a car charger for $29.99. The pouch that comes with it is lame.
Old 05-08-2008, 12:47 PM   #6
PCW
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Droid
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Exclamation Lame Leather Purse Pouch

I just received my new VZW BB Curve 8330 the other day, along with the leather pouch. I guess VZW wants you to shell out the extra cash for a holster. The pouch does not have a belt clip, belt loop, etc. It does, however, contain the magnet for the BB's internal magnetic switch.

(RIM used to produced Blackberries that came with a nifty desk holder. Those aren't included anymore, either.)

Also, just so others are aware, the Curve is shipped with a stereo earbud (one bud for your left ear, the other for your right ear). Remember, many jurisdictions outlaw the use of dual-ear headsets while operating a conveyance (cars, bikes, etc.).

The Curve has a 3.5mm mini stereo earpiece jack (not the sub-mini that we're accustomed to). Adapters are available, if you prefer to use existing earbuds, headsets, etc.

All in all, I like my Curve!
Old 05-09-2008, 02:54 AM   #7
sheba619

Model: 9530

I am using the Seidio holster for skinned Curves. It has the sleep function, velvet like lining to protect Curve and a rugged ratcheting clip. I don't know how it compares to a BB holster as I have never had a holster before.

Seidio also makes a holster for unskinned Curves.
Old 05-09-2008, 03:14 AM   #8
Gkins3
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: 24B4032B
Carrier: T-Mobile
Cool Curve Holster

As Sheba said, the seidio holster does a great job and is the closest thing out there to the 8700's holster. That was truely the best holster I have ever had. Only difference to these is there is the clip on the top. Still accessible with one hand and everything.

As with the 8700 holster, the battery door is exposed so tends to get scratched. I recommend doing as I did and get the skin, and then order the skinned version of the holster below... but its your call.

http://www.seidioonline.com/ProductImages/hl8300.jpg
Old 05-09-2008, 03:45 AM   #9
doe4040
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8707v
PIN: 2503A700
Carrier: Vodafone UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by vco08 View Post
I ordered the Curve for Verizon a couple of days ago and I also ordered the holster for it. It works really good with the phone. I got it in the bundle with a car charger for $29.99. The pouch that comes with it is lame.
Theres nothing wrong with the leather pouch that comes with it, in fact its probs the best free thing thats ever come with a phone!
Old 05-09-2008, 04:54 AM   #10
ikasen
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8300
Carrier: AT&T

I've heard plenty of people say they like the pouch that comes with it. I also think it is lame.
I like the OEM leather holster. That's why there are so many products, so many different people have different opinions.
Old 05-09-2008, 07:50 AM   #11
BBSpike
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9800
Carrier: Bell Mobility

If you're talking about the holster with the leather flap , they do make it (Blackberry Source.com - BlackBerry Curve Holster (Black Leather)), and I have one for my 8330. I works perfectly and keeps most of the BB protected from accidental bumps.
Old 05-09-2008, 08:21 AM   #12
TonyMobile
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8310
PIN: ball Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBSpike View Post
If you're talking about the holster with the leather flap , they do make it (Blackberry Source.com - BlackBerry Curve Holster (Black Leather)), and I have one for my 8330. I works perfectly and keeps most of the BB protected from accidental bumps.
I have this and it works well. I also have by Curve skinned with a black rubber/silicone skin and it fits into this case, albeit a little snuggly.

EDIT: Ah crap - the OP is a Sox fan? Hmm...on second thought, you don't need a case. Just wrap the BB in sandpaper and store it in your cigar humidor overnight. That'll keep it in perfect shape for you. ;)

Try a Search or see the BB FAQ

Last edited by TonyMobile; 05-09-2008 at 08:28 AM.. Reason: Because the Yankees are God's team.
Old 05-09-2008, 11:42 AM   #13
iomatic
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: none

Will a BB skin on the BB fit also?

^whoops misread the post

*sheepish grin*

Last edited by iomatic; 05-09-2008 at 01:26 PM..
Old 05-09-2008, 12:35 PM   #14
wunderbar

Model: 9630
Carrier: Telus

um, I'm pretty sure the leather pouches for the 88x0 and 83x0 perform the same as the old holster with regards to profiles on the blackberry. All that it is is a small magnet that triggers it, and every OEM leather pouch I have seen for the curve or 88x0 has that magnet in it.

I have no issue at all using the "in holster" option on my 8830 with the OEM leather pouch.
Blackberry 9630
WES 2008 Alumni
Old 05-10-2008, 08:37 AM   #15
RedSoxFan
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gkins3 View Post
As Sheba said, the seidio holster does a great job and is the closest thing out there to the 8700's holster. That was truely the best holster I have ever had. Only difference to these is there is the clip on the top. Still accessible with one hand and everything.

As with the 8700 holster, the battery door is exposed so tends to get scratched. I recommend doing as I did and get the skin, and then order the skinned version of the holster below... but its your call.

Thanks guys. I went with the non-skinned holster from above. I walked into the local ATT store and looked at it and then bought it. I am looking into the skins - I've just had so much bad luck with them in the past. Not sure if I want to deal with it again. Thanks for the info!

Oh, and go RED SOX!!!!! LOL!
Old 05-11-2008, 10:11 PM   #16
TOMSMALL

Carrier: ALLTEL

cingular (ATT) has the plastic open holster for the 8330 priced online for $10.
Old 05-11-2008, 11:10 PM   #17
JaredH

Model: 9650

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gkins3 View Post

I have the same holster for my 8330 that I picked up yesterday. Best holster yet, doesn't snag when taking off the holster and it is one hand accessible. It's also got a felt inside. It turns off the screen when you pop it in, it's great!
Old 05-12-2008, 10:51 AM   #18
culater88

Wirelessly posted (8703E)

I was going to purchase the combo skin/holster & 3 screen protectors but they wanted $3+ to ship the additional screen protectors which probably won't cost anything by shipping them with the holster.Contacted their CS & was told shipping cost is based on order $ amount? Guess I'll be looking else where, it's not the cost, it's just the principle now.

http://www.ctothejl.com
Old 05-12-2008, 06:20 PM   #19
MajSingh

PIN: 24b2b982
Carrier: ATT

I prefer to use the bestskinsever.com skin along with a holster like the leather one in the link "legacyb4" posted. This way the phone is protected and keeps its sleek good looking profile.
Old 05-13-2008, 01:04 PM   #20
takeshi
BlackBerry Mensa

Model: 8310
Carrier: at&t

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSoxFan View Post
Nope -- no OEM plastic holster like there was for the 87xx series. I use the OEM leather and can holster and unholster one-handed. Not as convenient as the 87xx plastic holster but it's not a big deal either IMO. The Seidio is your best bet if you want something closer to the 87xx holster. You'll have to compromise one way or the other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCW View Post
I guess VZW wants you to shell out the extra cash for a holster.
It's not VZW. I don't know of any carrier's 83xx that comes with a holster instead of the pouch.

Last edited by takeshi; 05-13-2008 at 01:06 PM..
Closed Thread