LunkHead
BlackBerry God

Model: 850
PIN: kie swear
Carrier: USPS Priority
Default Sick and tired!

Please Login to Remove!

Warning

Don't read if you have fragile feelings or if you are a whiner, a complainer or cry baby!

I have had it with the people who come here only to bash, whine, complain and cause havoc! Just about everyday there is someone who has something to complain about! The most recent (today) is a poster complaining that his / her question was not answered... I assume this poster has an 8th grade education and can see the question was answered by post number 4 of the thread....

His / her reply was vulgar, rude and insulting... It's a darn good thing the Moderators and long time posters of this forum just shrug these little people off and move along to help the next person....

I have pretty much had it with these types.... They want their question answered NOW (less than 5 seconds) then when it is answered they still have to complain about something...

Another recent one is a poster complaining because he / she was warned about using foul language.... DUH!!!!!! Sure, you should be allowed to post every vulgar word that you know here on the forum... Once again I say DUH!

People come here for help and they get it from some of the best BB minds and knowledge base that can be found anywhere on the net.... The gratitude expressed by some is to slam, attack, yell, scream, and call names.....

Oh well welcome to the net.....

Do us all a favor and MOVE ALONG TROLLS!

Have a nice day.... I feel better

Kris

Last edited by LunkHead; 08-26-2007 at 03:38 PM..
Old 08-26-2007, 04:04 PM   #2
Griffog
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8800G
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile UK

I know exactly how you feel, I followed one of the threads in amazement at the attitude of one of the protagonists but take solace from the fact that I suspect they are a very small proportion of your user base.

There are idiots in every field and whilst its easier said than done to ignore them when you invest so much time in a project such as this, they really aren't worth you wasting your time or energy being angered by them, keep up the good work
Old 08-26-2007, 04:09 PM   #3
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffog View Post
...There are idiots in every field and whilst its easier said than done to ignore them when you invest so much time in a project such as this, they really aren't worth you wasting your time or energy being angered by them...
Old 08-26-2007, 04:11 PM   #4
LunkHead
BlackBerry God

Thanks! I have always been one to speak my mind (causes more trouble than good at times) but it does get very, very old... I know they are a needle in a haystack for the most part.... A great many of the BBF'ers here are good honest people and that is why I keep doing FAQ's....

I am also a bit on the edge since Beastie, my avatar, has been attacked and forced to hold an iPhone!!!

Kris
Old 08-26-2007, 04:11 PM   #5
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Well, JC closed that other thread before I could chime in and say y'all waste of lot of my time, too. BUT! In addition to learning completely useless trivia, like the fact that Lunk really, really likes chicken salad, I also learn a lot of BB trivia with which to amaze friends, and once and a while learn something useful, too. Hang around here, be entertained, and learn stuff, too. What a deal!
Old 08-26-2007, 04:15 PM   #6
LunkHead
BlackBerry God

Quote:
Originally Posted by aiharkness View Post
Well, JC closed that other thread before I could chime in and say y'all waste of lot of my time, too. BUT! In addition to learning completely useless trivia, like the fact that Lunk really, really likes chicken salad, I also learn a lot of BB trivia with which to amaze friends, and once and a while learn something useful, too. Hang around here, be entertained, and learn stuff, too. What a deal!
He (JC) (Just Closed) (Joseph Stalin) is a suspect in the Chicken Salad and iPhone investigations that are currently under the microscope.....

Last edited by LunkHead; 08-26-2007 at 04:16 PM..
Old 08-26-2007, 04:17 PM   #7
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles

Pleads the 5th.

I still learn things here too (besides chicken salad and iPhone)
Old 08-26-2007, 04:41 PM   #8
ezrunner
EPIC MOD

Model: ZED10
PIN: INK STICK
Carrier: Tmobile

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8700/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Wow not sure which threads are the cause of this one but unfortunately it happens and it is very aggravating. Generally I just let it blow over and I ignore it. Very frustrating to see such a valuable BBF contributor this frustrated!

Hey lunk iPhone for you
Old 08-26-2007, 04:42 PM   #9
LunkHead
BlackBerry God

You see what they did to beastie???? I have a thread in off-topic trying to figure out who avatar-napped him and is forcing him to hold an iPhone....
Old 08-26-2007, 04:54 PM   #10
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7
Carrier: Verizon

There's a reason I don't post very much anymore. Tired of getting slammed because I didn't answer someone's question.
Old 08-26-2007, 04:55 PM   #11
ezrunner
EPIC MOD

Model: ZED10
PIN: INK STICK
Carrier: Tmobile

I just saw it that is way to funny! Terrible trangression the evil doers must be punished
Old 08-26-2007, 05:05 PM   #12
LunkHead
BlackBerry God

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBlackBerry View Post
There's a reason I don't post very much anymore. Tired of getting slammed because I didn't answer someone's question.
Thats the whole point of the thread NJ... You know your BB stuff, you help everyone out only to get attacked and slammed for it.....
Old 08-26-2007, 05:44 PM   #13
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Hey guys, you are letting a few get to you when you shouldn't. This site has to be in the 99th percentile for high signal to noise ratio among user forums. The big reason is the mods are setting the example. Most newcomers seem grateful to my knowledge. I did and do. Shake it off.
Old 08-26-2007, 10:10 PM   #14
dc/dc
Spam Reporter

Model: 6230
Carrier: Voicestream

*reaches out to hug Lunk*
Old 08-28-2007, 02:39 AM   #15
wirelessforever
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: XXXX
PIN: XXXX
Carrier: XXXX

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunkHead View Post
I have had it with the people who come here only to bash, whine, complain and cause havoc! Just about everyday there is someone who has something to complain about!
I've tried Howard Forums, CellPhoneForum, WirelessAdvisor, T-Mobile Signal and Boy Genius forums (and probably a few others) and found all lacking.

I agree with one of the other posters in this thread who noted that the signal-to-noise ratio here is pretty constructive.

One of the problems with free speech is that some abuse it.

I'm new here and recently posted an article with a URL LINK to the original article about the release of the new Blackberry Curve on TMo and some ill-mannered type demanded that I "prove" the release date. Some people are just amazing.

Boards like this will either live and flourish or shrivel up and die based on CONTENT. Some of the other boards put up with off topic nonsense and childish behavior that just turns off serious posters. CONTENT IS KING.

I've quit three other boards recently simply because the moderators at those sites weren't doing their jobs.

On one site, there is a joker in love with railroads who adds large lists of railroad links on every post he makes. I'm not interested in railroads and if I develop an interest in that, I'll find a forum for it. But filtering through that cr*p in thread after thread gets real old real fast when you are looking for serious content about cell phones on a cell phone site. Mods over at that site do nothing about these long off topic lists of railroad links. I said adios.

Over at Boy Genius' forum, the mods allow one illiterate kook to fill the forums up with trash posts of gibberish so this nut can run up a big post count next to his name. I don't get it. I said adios there too.

Free speech is great. But it comes with responsibility. I'm curiously optimistic about BlackBerryForums. So far I've seen mostly serious contributors and not much nonsense. But I agree with your points and share your concerns.
Old 08-28-2007, 03:23 AM   #16
Lowrider
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8100
Carrier: CBW

lol
Old 08-28-2007, 05:44 AM   #17
LunkHead
BlackBerry God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowrider View Post
lol
I fail to see the humor.....
Old 08-28-2007, 05:55 AM   #18
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Model: 8330
PIN: 31a6c9c9
Carrier: Verizon BIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunkHead View Post
I fail to see the humor.....
I chuckled when I read the last sentence about nonsense. He just hasnt looked in the right places to find the nonsense
Old 08-28-2007, 05:59 AM   #19
Rolo1971
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8100
PIN: N/A

Hey Lunk,
I did notice your Avatar holding an iphone. Did someone steal your avatar? I am a lot lost and not sure what you meant by him holding an iphone but it's funny.
And now I sort of get the chicken salad thing.

R
Old 08-28-2007, 07:37 AM   #20
LunkHead
BlackBerry God

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry 8700: BlackBerry8700/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Yes he was avatar-napped! The suspects are on the run! See the thread in Off Topic area for more information

Kris
Closed Thread