BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2005, 04:25 PM   #1
mmell

Default 7290 Loads One of Two CODs

Please Login to Remove!

I"m wondering if anyone else has had a similar problem. I have a workaround but maybe there's a better solution.

This is part of an OTA download (using the app loader i can see both files explicitly and it works).

The application I wrote calls an open source bit of code I downloaded. The workspace has both defined as projects, it builds both, creates two .jad and .cod files, and sticks two definitions into an .ALX.

I copy the .cods, .jads, and alx into an OTA library and it works. Until I get to the 7290's. For some reason it only downloads one of two, but gives no errors. When one calls the second and finds it missing poof!

To get around this I:

1. Modified the .ALX to include both .cods under the same <file> definition. So instead of two 'application' definitions i now have one with both .cod's under <files> of that one. I'm not sure this mattered
2. Modified the primary .jad file, the one that WAS loading. WHere it said: RIM-COD-URL: xxx.JAD I created two entries: RIM-COD-URL-1: xxx.jad and RIM-COD-URL-2: yyy.jad.

This seems to work and works for all handhelds. I'm wondering if anyone knows a better way?
Old 04-07-2005, 06:26 PM   #2
DoomBringer
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 7280
Carrier: cingular, no wait, AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmell
I"m wondering if anyone else has had a similar problem. I have a workaround but maybe there's a better solution.

This is part of an OTA download (using the app loader i can see both files explicitly and it works).

The application I wrote calls an open source bit of code I downloaded. The workspace has both defined as projects, it builds both, creates two .jad and .cod files, and sticks two definitions into an .ALX.

I copy the .cods, .jads, and alx into an OTA library and it works. Until I get to the 7290's. For some reason it only downloads one of two, but gives no errors. When one calls the second and finds it missing poof!

To get around this I:

1. Modified the .ALX to include both .cods under the same <file> definition. So instead of two 'application' definitions i now have one with both .cod's under <files> of that one. I'm not sure this mattered
2. Modified the primary .jad file, the one that WAS loading. WHere it said: RIM-COD-URL: xxx.JAD I created two entries: RIM-COD-URL-1: xxx.jad and RIM-COD-URL-2: yyy.jad.

This seems to work and works for all handhelds. I'm wondering if anyone knows a better way?
You have to manually hack the .jad file... the JDE isn't too bright when it comes to them. I just open up the secondary one jad file (the library or whatever), copy whatever relevant entries there are, and paste them into the main application's .jad file.
I have to do this with JDE3.7, are you using 4.0? I really wish that RIM would make the JDE do this very simple step for us devs...
Old 04-13-2005, 05:03 PM   #3
mmell

Default ya that's essentially what I did

manually hack the .jad. And yes I'm using 3.7. I can't get 4.0 to compile at all. RIM says to 'preverify' but I can't get that working and I've bent over backwards to get it to work (doing all the little things like pointing to the rim api and taking out all spaces in directory paths etc etc). So i'm sticking with 3.7 for now.
Closed Thread