Old 06-12-2010, 03:27 AM   #1
r_kaaden

Model: 9700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: O2
Default Conference Call Pin # recorded double

Please Login to Remove!

Hi,

I'm not quite sure whether this problem is related to my network carrier (O2), the Conference Call service provider or the Blackberry itself. As I'm a new user of a BB and I have not been experiencing such issues with different phones I decided to turn to this forum.

Within my company we make use of conference calls A LOT. Between geo's we even use different providers and therefore the issue I have is not consistent which makes me believe its somehow related to the service provider.

My problem is as follows: When I dial into the conference number (local number for the specific country) I'm asked for a participant passcode which i need to end with the hash or pound sign. For some strange reason each digit is recorded twice causing the passcode to fail (e.g. I type 618090# and the passcode recorded is 661188009900)

Again this only happens with certain service providers as my own is working fine. Just wondering is other have been experiencing similar issues.

Thanks in advance for any support/suggestions.
Old 06-12-2010, 09:18 AM   #2
tsac
BlackBerry God

Model: Z10
PIN: No Pin just a Tack
Carrier: at&t

I use the same type of system for conference calls and cannot say I have the issue. I searched RIM's data base and find nothing to indicate this may be a BB issue. One question, can you borrow a standard cell phone and see if it's duplicated?. this may further zero in on the cause, carrier or BB. It may also be any cell phone if it happens on the other phone. I would then contact the carriers support with these facts.

Welcome to the Forums
Old 06-13-2010, 02:39 AM   #3
syedreza
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Carrier: Rogers

Hi r_kaaden,

Does the same thing happen if you manually enter the dial string?
Old 06-13-2010, 08:19 AM   #4
x14
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9800
Carrier: AT&T

I found this to be an issue with the teleconference service provider. One particular company we deal with comes in mind. Let's call this guy CompanyB

If I use Google Voice (from my BlackBerry) to call the teleconference service used my CompnayB, I can't enter the access code correctly. Some number gets duplicated.

If I dial the teleconference service used my CompnayB directly on my BlackBerry, I can enter the access code without issues.

Sometime when I call the teleconference service used my CompnayB from my office desk phone, I can't enter the access code correctly. Some number gets duplicated.

This does not happen with AT&T which we use.
Old 06-16-2010, 03:05 AM   #5
r_kaaden

First of all thank you guys for your replies....

Current status of the problem is as follows:
- I changed the SIM cart of my new provider into my old phone (problem exists there as well where I never had such issues with my old provider)
- Got SIM cart replaced as the provider thought it may have a defect on it (problem still exists)
- Problem is not consistent across TeleConference providers (some take the pincode as I enter it while others record each digit as double entry)

note: I always enter the passcode as string using the keypad. There would be too many numbers to record in my phonebook.

I provided the telephone numbers of these TeleConference providers to my new carrier provider so they can see if they are able to track down the issue there.
Old 06-16-2010, 07:18 AM   #6
TXLady
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9650
Carrier: Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_kaaden View Post
note: I always enter the passcode as string using the keypad. There would be too many numbers to record in my phonebook.
What is too many numbers? I have conference calls entered in my contacts list with number, extension, and passcode. For example: 555-555-5555 ext 5555 pause 123456. No problem. Waits for me to tell it to dial the extension (although I could have used a pause here as well) and then automatically dials the passcode after a two second pause.

You could actually set up a separate contact entry for each regular call (assumes the passcode is static) you have.
Old 06-18-2010, 01:18 AM   #7
r_kaaden

By too many numbers I refer to the people that schedule conference calls all the time
Basically I can get invited to a call without knowing the person before, which means i would first need to add the person to my phonebook while the # is already in the calendar invite.
So its not related to any restrictions on the phone itself.
Closed Thread