fsa3
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9000
Carrier: ATT

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbeek
I tried the BBHTTPTester with the following results:
1) straight out of the box with the google address I get the "invalid url parameter" message
2) selecting "Append device side" I get "java.lang.RuntimeException: blocking operation not permitted on event dispatch thread"
3) selecting "Append device side" and the T-mobile WAP settings (I'm on Tmo) I get the 302 error

Hope this helps!
This does help, I will try to add a new feature to allow for the full WAP settings. This may take me a day or so as I'm a bit swamped this weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinsonddog
Mine is working with .78 on an 8800/BES. Note though that SF doesn't show up on the games list but its in the menu and I can watch the game. LAD and OAK show up fine.
Glad to hear its working! As for the issue with with SF I see the problem (it has to do with teams with 2 letters and not 3, last year I think the site used 3 letters for all teams (SFO for san fran if I recall)).

I can fix this one, but first I'm going to try to get this thing working for the BIS users!
Old 04-06-2007, 02:26 PM   #42
Stinsonddog
BBF Moderator

Model: 9700
PIN: Agaboobie
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsa3
This does help, I will try to add a new feature to allow for the full WAP settings. This may take me a day or so as I'm a bit swamped this weekend.

Glad to hear its working! As for the issue with with SF I see the problem (it has to do with teams with 2 letters and not 3, last year I think the site used 3 letters for all teams (SFO for san fran if I recall)).

I can fix this one, but first I'm going to try to get this thing working for the BIS users!
Thanks appreciate all the great help.
Old 04-06-2007, 02:43 PM   #43
hookem12387
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:

We really appreciate all the effort! Huge baseball fan, I'd love to have it!
Old 04-06-2007, 05:46 PM   #44
switch_reflex

Model: 8100
Carrier: Tmobile

Still can't get it to work on the 8100 =(
Old 04-06-2007, 05:50 PM   #45
fsa3

2 quick notes:

1) if your having an issue please let me know the version your using (as you see it in the title bar), your carrier, BIS or BES, and phone model.

2) Anyone here using TMobile and BIS? I have a beta version of a fix that may help all BIS users but I first need someone to try it out for Tmo (preferable someone who has already tried before and couldn't get it working -- someone who got one of the URL / cannot connect errors).

Thanks,
Frank
Old 04-06-2007, 06:02 PM   #46
switch_reflex

Quote:
2 quick notes:

1) if your having an issue please let me know the version your using (as you see it in the title bar), your carrier, BIS or BES, and phone model.

2) Anyone here using TMobile and BIS? I have a beta version of a fix that may help all BIS users but I first need someone to try it out for Tmo (preferable someone who has already tried before and couldn't get it working -- someone who got one of the URL / cannot connect errors).

Thanks,
Frank

I have tmobile and am using BIS and have a 8100.
Old 04-06-2007, 06:08 PM   #47
fsa3

Ok try this

1) Download the latest version, it should show .78t (notice the t) when you run it.

2) When you first run it you'll probably get an error, click your track wheel and choose options, then choose use device side settings.

3) Click back, then exit the application.

4) Restart the application.

Let me know if it works and if nto what error you get.
Old 04-06-2007, 06:20 PM   #48
switch_reflex

Quote:
Ok try this

1) Download the latest version, it should show .78t (notice the t) when you run it.

2) When you first run it you'll probably get an error, click your track wheel and choose options, then choose use device side settings.

3) Click back, then exit the application.

4) Restart the application.

Let me know if it works and if nto what error you get.

Sorry dont see .78t yet, i still see .78. For bot the OTA and PC download, im ususing OTA but both say .78
Old 04-06-2007, 06:22 PM   #49
fsa3

Sorry the website doesn't reflect .78t, after you download and run the app you should see it on the top title bar.
Old 04-06-2007, 06:25 PM   #50
switch_reflex

Quote:
Sorry the website doesn't reflect .78t, after you download and run the app you should see it on the top title bar.

OTA or pc download?
Old 04-06-2007, 06:28 PM   #51
fsa3

The OTA download, again you won't see the t until after you install it (the install should just say replacing .78 with .78) then when you run it you should see the t. I just grabbed from the OTA on my phone and I see the T
Old 04-06-2007, 06:37 PM   #52
switch_reflex

OK still same thing i get this error:

Unable to connect to MLB data source. Please exit this application and retry again. Error: java.io.IOException: invalid url parameter

Under TCP i have: wap.voicestream.com
Old 04-06-2007, 07:30 PM   #53
fsa3

Darn, I'm running out of ideas.

Just to confirm this was after you selected use device side and restarted the app right? Did you confirm that the use device side was still checked?

I wish I had a BIS phone to test this with...
Old 04-06-2007, 09:16 PM   #54
fsa3

Ok - let's try again. I made a more significant change that hopefully helps. If you download (OTA only) the newest version it should show version .80. This should now work just like BBWeather app in terms of connecting outside. The option for use device settings SHOULD work for any carrier assuming you st the TCP settings for your carrier properly.

Also I fixed the issue with the 2 char teams.

Let me know if you have issues.. (also BES users please redownload and make sure things are still working, the changes made will effect both BIS/BES).
Old 04-06-2007, 10:46 PM   #55
switch_reflex

Ok i don't get the error anymore but no games show up. It just says todays games but no games.
Old 04-06-2007, 10:57 PM   #56
jbeek
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: T-mo

Quote:
Ok - let's try again. I made a more significant change that hopefully helps. If you download (OTA only) the newest version it should show version .80. This should now work just like BBWeather app in terms of connecting outside. The option for use device settings SHOULD work for any carrier assuming you st the TCP settings for your carrier properly.

Also I fixed the issue with the 2 char teams.

Let me know if you have issues.. (also BES users please redownload and make sure things are still working, the changes made will effect both BIS/BES).
Back to the drawing board

Right after I replied to your PM that it works I started it up again and got the message "java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBounds Exception: String index out of range: -5". I re-installed but as soon as I select a team I get this message.
Old 04-06-2007, 11:11 PM   #57
switch_reflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbeek
Back to the drawing board

Right after I replied to your PM that it works I started it up again and got the message "java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBounds Exception: String index out of range: -5". I re-installed but as soon as I select a team I get this message.

yea i just added a team and it is doing that now =( but the other error is gone lol!
Old 04-07-2007, 08:56 AM   #58
fsa3

Just to levelset, the program should work on all newer models, its not the model that causes the problem (anymore) its BIS vs. BES connections that is the problem (as of version .80). As far as I know the program works for BES but not BIS.

For BIS users, you must select use device side settings and set your APN via the TCP IP settings for your provider. For those it is still not working for do any of you happen to use BBWeather? I seem to use the exact code they do so I'm not sure what's wrong.

Frank
Old 04-07-2007, 09:33 AM   #59
fsa3

Back to the drawing board.

For the BIS users, please REMOVE the old version of the application and redownload the newest (OTA only) 0.81.

Same testing method, but you should see different error messages (if any) hopefully they will point us to the right direction. Remember you need to add some teams before it wills how anything.

-F
Old 04-07-2007, 11:03 AM   #60
jbeek
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: T-mo

Quote:
Back to the drawing board.

For the BIS users, please REMOVE the old version of the application and redownload the newest (OTA only) 0.81.

Same testing method, but you should see different error messages (if any) hopefully they will point us to the right direction. Remember you need to add some teams before it wills how anything.

-F
0.81 gives me the invalid url message with the following appended:
h**p://wap.mlb.com/mlb/scores/index.jsp;deviceside=false
[** in place of tt since I don't have the 10 posts yet needed to be able to post urls]

I get this message regardless of what the device side setting is in the options.
Closed Thread