Old 11-02-2015, 06:45 PM   #1
Preroll
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: Class
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Default Birthday's In Contacts - Not Shown On Calendar

Please Login to Remove!

This may be more of a BB10 question than a Classic question but in comparison to my old Bold running BB7, the birthday's within my contacts do not show within the calendar. This worked fine on BB7 but not with BB10. Is this an oversight or by design (if anyone knows)? I really wish I can figure out a way for it to populate within the calendar automatically vs. me having to manually add it to the calendar as a yearly event.
Old 11-04-2015, 10:23 AM   #2
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA
Default Re: Birthday's In Contacts - Not Shown On Calendar

It should be working. Not sure what could be wrong in your case.

Ideas:

Try soft reset.

Try deleting one of the contacts and recreating it from scratch and see if that fixes the problem for that contact. If so, repeat for others.

If the contact is stored online associated with email account, try storing the contact in local address book instead.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Old 11-05-2015, 04:55 PM   #3
Preroll

No dice. I reset (or reboot) my phone each day. I added a new contact from scratch and nada! The "original" contacts that were imported from the BB7 backup file (that were created on the Bold 9930) populates within the calendar but any new ones added within the Contacts app of the Classic do nothing. I don't get it.

Update:
Apparently, this has been an issue for awhile. They suggest downloading MEE Birthday which is some Russian made app from BB World but I'd rather not go that route. Then there was a suggestion to select "Birthday Calendar" under the Calendar app but I cannot seem to acquire that drop down for some reason (only Local Calendar/Home).

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...lendar-768306/

http://forums.crackberry.com/ask-que...lendar-994264/

https://www.google.com/search?q=blac...utf-8&oe=utf-8

Last edited by Preroll; 11-05-2015 at 05:18 PM..
Old 11-05-2015, 05:31 PM   #4
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

I don't have birthday calendar either. Under account I have Local and BBM Groups. Under Calendar I just have Home. Except for BBM groups calendars, my personal calendar is entirely local.

Not sure why it wouldn't be working for you. I'll checkout the crackberry threads.
Old 11-09-2015, 04:08 PM   #5
Preroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by aiharkness View Post
I don't have birthday calendar either. Under account I have Local and BBM Groups. Under Calendar I just have Home. Except for BBM groups calendars, my personal calendar is entirely local.

Not sure why it wouldn't be working for you. I'll checkout the crackberry threads.
Did you get a chance to preview those other threads? Not sure how this is working for you. It seems like an oversight when developing BB10...I dunno.
Old 11-09-2015, 04:30 PM   #6
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

I did. Seems the separate birthday calendar may be associated with sync'ing with an onine calendar, but I'm not sure. And I don't know what difference it makes, or whether it makes a difference at all. I didn't see a clear answer in any of the posts.

Could be a bug, but I don't see it. My birthdays are listed in contact details, and both my address book and calendar are local. Maybe that's a clue. I don't know.
Old 01-20-2016, 04:55 AM   #7
interactive
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: Q10
Carrier: Hutchison 3

btw: the sync between contacts birthday on Blackberry device OS10.3.2.2474, lang=ge bes12 /exchange2010 enabled ) and internal calendar and Exchange calendar don´t work perfect too. (sometimes it will Displays 1 day later?)

But If I inject the birthday to contacts within my Outlook it will sync to BB device successfully..

maybe a bug between contact / calendar and / or MS exchange EAS integration..

Last edited by interactive; 01-20-2016 at 04:57 AM..
Closed Thread