BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 12:45 PM   #1
dkim48

Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile
Question 8100 to 8100 Information Swapping Possible?

Please Login to Remove!

Hello Everyone,

I have a quick question...I've already used the search and can't seem to find an answer for it so here goes nothing.

I have a Pearl that usb/battery port is damaged. Blackberry is going to replace it under warranty but I'm not able to get the information from my phone onto my pc, to update the new phone I get. Is there anyway that I can swap all my contacts, etc. over to the new phone via bluetooth? If so is there a step-by-step procedure someone can lead me to.

Thanks in advance,
Daniel

ps-I just reformatted my computer over to linux, so i don't have any old files from previous sessions anymore...somebody please help me! I don't want to have to type in all the information again!
Old 06-07-2007, 02:26 PM   #2
sanjeevjoshi
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: Cingular
Default Easily done

Here's the process:

1. Set up connectivity through Bluetooth. Make your BB discoverable, use the desktop manager to discover the BB and set up the new connection. You will see a prompt on the BB to accept the connection. You need to accept, otherwise the connection will not be set up.

2. Back up your BB using desktop manager

3. Connect the new BB through USB or bluetooth. Desktop manager will prompt you for new encryption key, a few more wizard driven steps to restore your data and you are done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkim48 View Post
Hello Everyone,

I have a quick question...I've already used the search and can't seem to find an answer for it so here goes nothing.

I have a Pearl that usb/battery port is damaged. Blackberry is going to replace it under warranty but I'm not able to get the information from my phone onto my pc, to update the new phone I get. Is there anyway that I can swap all my contacts, etc. over to the new phone via bluetooth? If so is there a step-by-step procedure someone can lead me to.

Thanks in advance,
Daniel

ps-I just reformatted my computer over to linux, so i don't have any old files from previous sessions anymore...somebody please help me! I don't want to have to type in all the information again!
Old 06-07-2007, 04:01 PM   #3
dkim48

Thanks for the quick responce. I'm using linux as my operating system so I can't really use the desktop manager at the moment. Also do I need any paticular software/hardware for my pc to use bluetooth? I'll try and see if I can use someone else's computer that has windows on it. If that doesn't work can you transfer from one phone to another?

Thanks,
Daniel
Old 06-11-2007, 01:15 PM   #4
dkim48

I have to return my old phone soon. Anyone know if it's possible to transfer contacts from one phone to another through bluetooth?
Old 06-11-2007, 02:51 PM   #5
sanjeevjoshi
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: Cingular
Default Yes you can... one at a time...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkim48 View Post
I have to return my old phone soon. Anyone know if it's possible to transfer contacts from one phone to another through bluetooth?
While in the address book, you can move the contacts one at a time to the Phone SIM card. When you replace the phone, move it back from the SIM card. I wish there was a "mass" way to do it, this is still better than manual typing all contact info.
Closed Thread