Old 06-12-2007, 12:57 PM   #1
dmb12984
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8700c
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Default Verizon and 10MB data plan

Please Login to Remove!

I am going to get a BLACKBERRY and with a company discount i can get the 10MB data plan for only $24.29 a month. I will only use the Blackberry for checking email (only 15 a day max with no attachments), checking a few webpages a couple times a day (espn.com for sports scores and weather.com for weather updates), and text messaging co-workers and friends (about 300 a month). I have two questions...

1. Do text messages count as DATA??? (i am not talking about IMs or picture/video messages...just plan text messages)

2. Will 10MB of data cover my usage according to what i have put in above??

I am not paying $40.99 a month for unlimited data (not in enough money in my budget) so its either the 10MB plan or nothing. Also i called Verizon and ask them the same question posted above and theysaid...since the Blackberry is always online i will for sure use more than 10MB of data per month so i need to get the unlimited plan....BUT when searching online i have found plenty of people who use the Blackberry more than described above and they say they come in way under 10MBs of usage a month????

What do you guys think???
Old 06-12-2007, 01:01 PM   #2
JGBerry
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8330
PIN: 35AABF91
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmb12984 View Post
I am going to get a BLACKBERRY and with a company discount i can get the 10MB data plan for only $24.29 a month. I will only use the Blackberry for checking email (only 15 a day max with no attachments), checking a few webpages a couple times a day (espn.com for sports scores and weather.com for weather updates), and text messaging co-workers and friends (about 300 a month). I have two questions...

1. Do text messages count as DATA??? (i am not talking about IMs or picture/video messages...just plan text messages)

2. Will 10MB of data cover my usage according to what i have put in above??

I am not paying $40.99 a month for unlimited data (not in enough money in my budget) so its either the 10MB plan or nothing. Also i called Verizon and ask them the same question posted above and theysaid...since the Blackberry is always online i will for sure use more than 10MB of data per month so i need to get the unlimited plan....BUT when searching online i have found plenty of people who use the Blackberry more than described above and they say they come in way under 10MBs of usage a month????

What do you guys think???

just get unlimited for the extra peace of mind. all it takes is someone to send you a few attachments in a billing cycle and you're "F'ed"

T-mobile and Cingular/ATT have data plans at $30/month and $35/month respectively
Old 06-12-2007, 01:22 PM   #3
trevor1189
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8130
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGBerry View Post
just get unlimited for the extra peace of mind. all it takes is someone to send you a few attachments in a billing cycle and you're "F'ed"

T-mobile and Cingular/ATT have data plans at $30/month and $35/month respectively
First of all, you didn't help the OP at all. He said he doesn't want to get the unlimited plan and it is not even an option. Also, attachments are not automatically downloaded so that is not a problem.

To the OP: You will be fine with the 10mb plan. Your usage sounds exactly like mine and I don't even use 3mb/month. I am on the VZW 10mb plan and have yet to go over 3mb. It is true that the bb is always connected to the networks and is constantly sending data, but that data is only bytes or maybe kilobytes. It is not enough to worry about.

EDIT: What is your company discount? I only pay $24.99 per month with no discount. $24.29 is only like 3% (not very good.)

Last edited by trevor1189; 06-12-2007 at 01:25 PM..
Old 06-12-2007, 04:54 PM   #4
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Model: 8330
PIN: 31a6c9c9
Carrier: Verizon BIS

I always do the unlimited no matter what I have had the expensive bills I will never be burnt again.

Now to the OP you may or may not be fine with the 10 mb plan only you can answer that question. But one thing for sure its hard to monitor so good luck
Closed Thread