Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2015, 01:04 PM   #1
HolySalmon

Model: Z30
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Telus
Default Can't Save pictures - Z30

Please Login to Remove!

As the title says... I cannot save pictures using my Z30 from the browser.

I can save them from messages in WhatsApp, or other sources, but from the browser/internet I cannot. I'm not even given the option.

I can press the image and hold, but no menu opens up (Even in full image mode). I press the menu on the side with the verticle ... I can share, copy link etc. but cannot save.

My media card has a lot of free space...

I cannot figure out how to do it. Any help?
Old 11-08-2015, 08:00 PM   #2
tsac
BlackBerry God

Model: Z10
PIN: No Pin just a Tack
Carrier: at&t
Default Re: Can't Save pictures - Z30

You did not indicate how your trying to do a screen shot so here is the method.
The browser photos are not really photos like ones you take with the camera. some applications present the photo properly some do not.

To take a screen shot, navigate to the desired screen and press both the up (+) and down (-) volume keys simultaneously (located on the right hand side of smartphone). If done correctly, a snapshot sound will be heard.

After successfully taking a screen shot, if connecting the BlackBerry 10 smartphone to a computer via USB to retrieve the file, the screen shot will be located within the Camera folder.
Old 11-10-2015, 05:56 PM   #3
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA
Default Re: Can't Save pictures - Z30

I have encountered instances where image download is blocked somehow, but it's been a rare occurrence. Usually, as mentioned, it is possible to touch and hold on an image on a web page and the menu opens on the right and presents selections to copy image link, save image, view image, share, or open in private browser or another app you may have that is added to the "open in" selections.

If the problem occurs all the time, I would try a soft reset using the volume buttons first. If the soft reset doesn't resolve the issue, I would then delete browser cookies and cache. If that doesn't solve it, and you are sure image share or download is not blocked, the next step is a security wipe or a clean OS install.

If the problem happens sometimes and not others, I would conclude it's a matter of some Web pages versus others.