Old 02-11-2011, 10:16 AM   #1
TerribleTim68

Model: 8310
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Default Sync Problems

Please Login to Remove!

Hey gang,
I have desktop manager loaded on both my home machine and my work machine. Everything syncs fine at work, but at home the calendar will nto sync. Any idea what is up? I've checked the standard stuff, it is set to sync-all and the box is checked in the configuration. I tried unchecking the box and saving and then resetting it already. I need a new idea...
http://www.haywire-racing.com
Old 02-11-2011, 11:14 AM   #2
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon
Default Re: Sync Problems

Maybe it is going to a different calendar default?

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter

If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!
Old 02-11-2011, 11:36 AM   #3
TerribleTim68

No, it is set to sync to outlook in all cases.
Old 02-11-2011, 11:41 AM   #4
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

This may not matter, but check to satisfy my curiosity: If you have the default email account for Outlook on the home computer configured in BIS on the BlackBerry, then in options > advanced options > default services, set both the default CMIME and default CICAL to the same email address and same as the email address that is the default in Outlook on the home computer. Then try and sync again.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Old 02-11-2011, 11:55 AM   #5
TerribleTim68

aiharkness - Hmm...I'm not sure I follow all that.
Old 02-11-2011, 12:09 PM   #6
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Desktop manager syncs the default calendar. That is what Dubdub was getting at.

The default calendar (CICAL) is set in options > advanced options > default services.

Typically, when everything but calendar sync's, the problem is the default CICAL and default CMIME are set to different addresses, are set to facebook, or something. Or maybe wireless sync is enabled.

But you are sync'ing ok with Desktop Manager on the work computer, so it seems you know what you are doing, and there's something peculiar at home.

I have some suspicion that it may matter under some circumstances if the default CICAL and default CMIME email addresses in default services on the BlackBerry is different than the default email address in Outlook on the computer. I don't know. So my suggestion is that if they are different (BlackBerry and Outlook default email addresses), try setting them to the same and see what happens, just as a test.
Old 02-11-2011, 01:40 PM   #7
TerribleTim68

Ok, the lengthier explenation helped. I found the setting you are talking about. It was set to Facebook instead of an email address. Strange that it would have been set that way and working on the work machine but not the home machine.

Unfortunately, I did not bring my usb cable today so I will have to see what it does once I get back home and I can't check what it is going to do here at work now that I changed that setting.

I'm wondering if the fact that the work Outlook uses one email address and the home Outlook uses a different might cause an issue.

Again, thanks for the help. I'll keep you posted as to what happens once I get back home.
Old 02-11-2011, 01:46 PM   #8
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

It may be that having the default set to facebook is the problem. But I agree, strange that sync is ok on the work computer with that setting.

Not that I same I'm not sure the default on the BlackBerry needs to be same as the default on Outlook. I operated a long time with these set different, but one day had issues and setting them to the same made the issue go away. Coincidence? I don't know. That's why I in my first response I suggested you do it to satisfy my curiosity.

But see if switching the default on the BlackBerry from facebook to an email address solves the problem.

Post an update when you get the chance.
Old 02-11-2011, 09:07 PM   #9
TerribleTim68

Ok, changing the default did not make any difference. No matter what I set it to, it still won't sync the calendar at home.
Old 02-12-2011, 07:37 AM   #10
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

You didn't mention an error and so I assumed the sync was just skipping the calendar.

To be clear, is there any error? Watch the sync process on the computer display. Does Desktop Manager start sync'ing the calendar and process some records?

For what it's worth, empty records, long notes, and some other things can cause sync to fail. But I would think you would see an error in this case. At any rate, it won't hurt to scan the calendar in Outlook. Change the view to rows and columns. First step would be to look for empty rows and really odd characters, and clean up. Then try and sync. If you have any extensive notes, delete or compress, and try again.

Other than that, I'm out of ideas.
Old 02-14-2011, 11:28 AM   #11
TerribleTim68

No, there is no error.

Here is a more in depth explenation. I have lots of calendar entries at work. Been using Outlook and sync'ing my BB for a few years now, previously with a Curve, now with a Torch. I just started using Outlook at home within the last couple months. My home Outlook calendar is empty. I figured since I have all my calendar entries on the work Outlook and on the Torch I would just sync it at home and have all the entries in Outlook at home too. So the home calendar is still empty. When I sync it, it processes the calendar and it looks like it is not seeing any entries. I figured this had something to do with the sync settings so I double checked. Yes, I do have it set to two-way sync, so it should be picking up the entries on the phone and placing them in the home Outlook, right?
Closed Thread