BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2009, 08:41 AM   #1
surfgrom04
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9630
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Default Question about Verizon's Pearl plans...

Please Login to Remove!

My girfriend has the Pearl from Verizon, and is due for an upgrade in November. I have had the 8830 and now the Tour, and am very happy, but she does not want the full-sized keyboard. She also is not interested in a touch screen, or the Pearl Flip...I've told her that her options seem limited for now then, but what are the plans for the Pearl 2 (if there are any). Thanks!
Old 09-08-2009, 11:05 AM   #2
MidnightDraven
BlackBerry Mensa

Model: 9000
Carrier: Tesco Mobile

Currently no Pearl 2 Rumours I dont think.

"That's it then. Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings... and call off Christmas."
Old 09-08-2009, 11:52 AM   #3
Codito
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8310
Carrier: T-Mobile

You should really convince her to get a Tour, the phone's so much more powerful and faster and just a much more pleasant experience to use.
Old 09-08-2009, 12:10 PM   #4
johnbom
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8330m
Carrier: alltel BB on VZW

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfgrom04 View Post
My girfriend has the Pearl from Verizon, and is due for an upgrade in November. I have had the 8830 and now the Tour, and am very happy, but she does not want the full-sized keyboard. She also is not interested in a touch screen, or the Pearl Flip...I've told her that her options seem limited for now then, but what are the plans for the Pearl 2 (if there are any). Thanks!
The 8130 is considered the Pearl 2.

If you do a google for BB Pearl replacement, you'll find hard rumors of the Blackberry striker - a GSM device. Its supposed to be crazy thin with the trackpad.

If and when the CDMA version comes out -- who knows....
Old 09-08-2009, 01:59 PM   #5
surfgrom04
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9630
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbom View Post
The 8130 is considered the Pearl 2.

If you do a google for BB Pearl replacement, you'll find hard rumors of the Blackberry striker - a GSM device. Its supposed to be crazy thin with the trackpad.

If and when the CDMA version comes out -- who knows....
Very helpful info, exactly what I was looking for! I had not heard of the "Striker" before, but of course as you say, who knows when Verizon will be able to get it. Thanks again.
Closed Thread