Closed Thread

Old 12-23-2006, 02:45 AM   #1
rizzaj
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8100
Carrier: Rogers
Default Can't Answer Calls When Resuming From Standby

Please Login to Remove!

Has anyone else had this problem? I can scroll up and down with the ball but i can't click on answer it will just keep on ringing. Even if i click the green answer button still no response. I notice i have to wait about 10 sec then put it back in standby and take it out before i can click with the pearl ball
Old 12-23-2006, 03:05 PM   #2
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles
Carrier: AT&T

Is your OS software up to date?
Old 12-27-2006, 01:56 PM   #3
sss

Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by rizzaj
Has anyone else had this problem? I can scroll up and down with the ball but i can't click on answer it will just keep on ringing. Even if i click the green answer button still no response. I notice i have to wait about 10 sec then put it back in standby and take it out before i can click with the pearl ball
I have the same problem. When the phone is in standby, if I get a call and it comes out of standby, the green answer button as well as the trackball click button do not work. Even after the call is not answered (only thing you can do is ignore it or let it go to voice mail) those buttons do not work. It doesn't matter what theme I'm using and turning the phone off/on doesn't fix it either.

But what does fix the problem is the old "remove and replace battery to reset the phone." After I did that, the buttons work when the phone comes out of standby with a received call and all is well. Until the next time I can't answer a call and have to remove the battery again.

BTW, I'm using T-Mobile's latest OS, v4.2.0.64
Old 12-27-2006, 04:28 PM   #4
puckplayer4
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: Ask if you like

Same issue started with mine a few days back. I'm on latest Cingy release too. Battery pull...only way to solve. And, I hate doing that since the batt cover stinks. Matter of time before it wears out.
Old 12-28-2006, 11:08 PM   #5
rizzaj

I am using the latest software but that still didn't help. The last time it happened to me i noticed it wouldn't let me answer right after i had a java error while trying to access my phonebook. I don't remember the error but next time i will write it down. I wonder if that has anything to do with it?
Old 12-28-2006, 11:16 PM   #6
AntonyR
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8320
Carrier: T-Mobile

i have both of those issues as well. My phone book says an uncaught error and my phone wont let me answer a call.

I have the most up to date software too
Old 12-29-2006, 06:14 PM   #7
rizzaj

Ok so i got the error again it was Uncaughtexception:java.lang.IllegalArugumentExcept ion. After that i tested out my phone by putting it into standby and then trying to call it and I couldn't answer so i think now these problems are linked. I can only fix it by pulling out the battery. So i think if we find a fix for that exception error it should fix the standby issue
Old 12-31-2006, 04:10 AM   #8
bevy

Model: 8320
Carrier: TMO

I, too, have been getting these errors. I generally don't mind slightly buggy software as long as it doesn't interfere with the actual usability of crucial phone features, but this bug is a MAJOR annoyance. It is VERY frustrating to watch as my phone rings, while I am unable to answer it, and have to then do a battery pull and wait for the whole thing to reboot before I am able to call the person back (after they have usually already left a voicemail).

Ugh. Hopefully a new OS sometime soon will fix this issue.
Old 12-31-2006, 11:34 AM   #9
CDL

Default Not seeing this problem

I don't have this problem - 8100 answers ok from standby. Are the folks having this problem all experiencing the Java error in their phonebooks?

OS 4.2.0.69 Cingular

CDL
Old 01-01-2007, 01:46 PM   #10
rizzaj

for me i only get the java error when i start typing a contacts name and then it comes up with a mini list of names that match what i am typing before i dial. So I am going to try accessing the phonebook and dialing from there instead of using the quick way. I will let you guys know if i still run across that error. I will probably make my camera key open the phonebook instead of the camera during my testing to make it a lil faster
Old 01-01-2007, 06:16 PM   #11
sgtpeper

Model: Pearl
Carrier: ATT

I was about to make a thread about this myself. My pearl started doing this last night... No fun..

Also for people with bad battery doors, I just put a small piece of balled up paper under the inner latch so it keeps more pressure on the clasp.
Old 01-01-2007, 07:08 PM   #12
rkdvsm

This seems like a major problem. I hope RIM releases an OS upgrade soon that will fix this problem!!!

Keep us informed about upgrades that will resolve or alleviate this issue.
Old 01-02-2007, 03:13 PM   #13
JrFoxMN

Carrier: Telstra

Same problem here as well (and I also have the java address book issue). Note that one way to temporarily fix the issue is to put your Pearl into standby w/ the Mute button. Once it comes out of standby, clicking the trackball works again.

(Er, just noticed after I posted this that the OP made mention of that fact.)

Last edited by JrFoxMN; 01-02-2007 at 03:20 PM..
Old 01-08-2007, 04:18 AM   #14
rizzaj

Tried a different theme and i thought it was gone but i was wrong i got the error again does anyone know if they just use the regular address book instead of the quick one will you run into the same problem
Closed Thread