Old 08-09-2010, 05:16 PM   #1
JohnDRowe

Model: 9700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Vodafone
Default Synchronizing from BB to Google Calendar

Please Login to Remove!

Hi,

I have many entries in the calendar of my recently bought BB. I figured I should have an extra copy as backup and for convenience on my computer so now I'd like everything from my BB calendar to be copied to Google Calendar. I tried Google Sync but this only appears to synchronize the entries that I put in Google Calendar to my BB and not the other way around.

Can anybody offer some advice? Is it even possible to synchronize from BB to Google Calendar? (Google Calendar would be most convenient for me since I can access it everywhere.)

Any help would be greatly appreciated,
John
Old 08-09-2010, 06:11 PM   #2
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon

Do you have 2 way sync set up? Do you use Outlook? That is the most popular app and the BB works well (and easily) with it.

Mine works both ways.

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter

If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!
Old 08-09-2010, 06:34 PM   #3
mIQ Live
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: Bold
Carrier: ATT

Hey John.
You can download a free backup app from the Blackberry app world which will backup your calender to a cloud account and also sync with your google account.

That way when you edit or add an event from your google account it automatically pushes to your phone and when you edit on your phone it will go immediately to your google calender. Never plug your phone in... Pretty slick!

You might be able to guess my favorite backup app ;) but there are plenty of free ones out there!

Good luck, hope that helps!
Old 08-09-2010, 06:55 PM   #4
JohnDRowe

Thank you both for the replies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubdub View Post
Do you have 2 way sync set up? Do you use Outlook? That is the most popular app and the BB works well (and easily) with it.

Mine works both ways.
No I dont use Outlook, using Outlook I would be bound to a certain computer right? I work with a lot of different computers so I need a calendar which is accessible on the internet so to speak.

Also I haven't seen anything about a 2 way sync setup at Google or on my BB.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mIQ Live View Post
Hey John.
You can download a free backup app from the Blackberry app world which will backup your calender to a cloud account and also sync with your google account.

That way when you edit or add an event from your google account it automatically pushes to your phone and when you edit on your phone it will go immediately to your google calender. Never plug your phone in... Pretty slick!

You might be able to guess my favorite backup app ;) but there are plenty of free ones out there!

Good luck, hope that helps!
I'll definitely try that out, thanks!
Old 08-09-2010, 07:40 PM   #5
JohnDRowe

Well, I got it working. Don't know for sure what the essential part was as I did two things:

First, I downloaded, installed and registered m:IQ, synchronizing everything.

Second, I changed my mobile settings on Google Calendar. I hadn't verified my mobile phone yet.

Now, when I add an entry on the calendar on my BB it is added to the calendar provided by Google and vice versa.

edit: And by the way, this only applies to new entries. The existing entries in the calendar on my BB were not added to Google Calendar so I'll have to add them again for complete synchronization.

Last edited by JohnDRowe; 08-09-2010 at 07:43 PM..
Closed Thread