BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2010, 10:46 AM   #1
bigfurryfish

Model: 8900
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers
Default Importing pictures to computer from device *without* media card ?

Please Login to Remove!

Hello,

What I'm trying to do is import the pictures from my devices' internal memory, to my computer. I am using the desktop manager, and have connected my device to the computer via the USB cable. The problem is, the pictures won't show up. Do I need to have a media card (microSD card) inserted in my device in order to be able to transfer files? I would think I would be able to transfer anything from the devices' internal memory onto my computer. Regardless of how cheap they are, I don't see a need to have to buy a media card - at least not now.

Is there some way I can do this? Am I missing something? I figured it may be the encryption blocking the computer from accessing it, but I don't have an option in security settings for encryption.

All help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Old 12-08-2010, 01:05 PM   #2
MidnightDraven
BlackBerry Mensa

Model: 9000
Carrier: Tesco Mobile
Default Re: Importing pictures to computer from device *without* media card ?

You cannot drag and drop from the internal memory like you would be with a media card.
You have to use the Media part of Desktop Manager.

"That's it then. Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings... and call off Christmas."
Old 01-06-2011, 07:26 PM   #3
eid201

Model: 9700
Carrier: tmobile
Default Re: Importing pictures to computer from device *without* media card ?

I have the same problem and fail to understand why I can't backup images on the device memory.

When I start up the Desktop Manager, I can't do anything with media or pictures. It is not "clickable". Seriously?
Old 04-10-2011, 02:44 PM   #4
jamstyles

Model: 8300
Carrier: Rogers
Smile Re: Importing pictures to computer from device *without* media card ?

Had this same issue and could not access pics from BB with the following situation:

-NO media card
-BB Desktop Software 6.0 (latest)

All 'answers' on net mostly state moving pics from internal memory to SD card to access.

WORK-AROUND (if you are willing to install/uninstall some software on your PC):

-Download older version of BB Desktop Manager (I used 5.0; 4.3 should also work)
-Install, launch, and then launch Media Manager from the Desktop Manager interface
-Old interface allows you to see your BB, including BOTH media card (if installed) AND device memory
-Select and copy the images from *My Devices > Device Memory* up to "My Media > Pictures" (using the "Copy Up" button)
-These pics will then be available on your hard drive (for me, a folder was created at C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\My Pictures\Devices Download Files)

Good luck to all!

EDIT: make sure you check the box during download to INCLUDE the ROXIO MEDIA MANAGER download!

Last edited by jamstyles; 04-10-2011 at 02:49 PM.. Reason: added note to include Roxio Media Manager download
Closed Thread