Old 09-10-2010, 01:21 PM   #1
postechgeek

Model: 9600
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Sprint
Default Push Deployment Job - Not Ready To Deliver

Please Login to Remove!

Hi Everyone,

Interesting problem I have here. We are trying to deploy Enterprise Messenger for OCS 2007. I have successfuly created the software configurations and published the applications. I checked the network drive share which is - Program Files\Research In Motion. Permissions are set to full control. The applications are there and the pkgdbcache.xml and the specification.pkg files are there as well.

However, looking at the deployment job tasks, I'm getting "not ready to deliver" on the application tasks. Not sure what this means. I know it means that the BAS service can not currently deploy the tasks, but I that's not very helpful.

I called RIM and created a ticket, we went through deleting and recreating the software configurations, deleting and repubilshing the applications, etc... But, it's still the same "not ready to deliver". He said that everything looks to setup OK, and to check back in a few hours.

However, I was wondering if anyone had any information or can point me in the right direction. Please help! Thank you all in advance.

Mike
Old 09-10-2010, 01:33 PM   #2
penguin3107
BlackBerry God

Model: iOS 5
Carrier: VZW

What version of BES?
What version of Enterprise Messenger?
What model handheld and what OS version?
Does this affect all handhelds, or just some?
Have you updated the device.xml and vendor.xml files on BES?
Old 09-10-2010, 03:15 PM   #3
postechgeek

The BES version is 5.0.0.137, I have a software configuration for Enterprise Messenger 2.1 and a software configuration for Enterprise Messenger 2.5. We use 8830s (EM 2.1 OS 4) and 9630s (EM 2.5 OS 5). This push issue is happening on all the 9630s that I've tested (I've only tested a few).

No, I haven't updated the device.xml or vendor.xml files? Why is this needed? Where are they located?

Thanks for the help.

Mike
Old 09-10-2010, 03:25 PM   #4
postechgeek

Just tested a 8830 with EM 2.1. Same thing, not ready to deliver.

Mike
Old 09-11-2010, 05:22 AM   #5
noname
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Location: Congested Islet of "Foreign Talents" (> 45% of workforce) - Singapore.
Model: Z10
PIN: NUKE(PAP)
Carrier: Singtel

RIM never help review the BAS logs? Good to check if there is exceptions. Also try reducing the jobs deployment delay to 1 minute from the default 15 to try again. I've heard cases where modifying this may helped.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Old 10-21-2010, 11:17 AM   #6
scottj3

Model: 8800
Carrier: Verizone

Has anyone found any resolution to this? We are seeing "Not Ready to Deliver" trying to push device software wirelessly under BES 5. That error is very vague and I can't seem to find any more detail in the logs. Has anyone else run across this?
Old 10-21-2010, 11:39 AM   #7
RadHaz75
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9650
PIN: BALL
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

usually things are not ready to deliver because of dependent tasks that have not yet been marked as complete (or failed). any of those tasks that say not ready to deliver probably has a dependent task listed for it.

i have been running into this problem a lot lately with policy. i find that even though the user has gotten the policy successfully, sometimes the task is not updated to "completed" and stays in a "pending result" state. any task that is not in a completed or failed state will cause any subsequent tasks for that user to be set to "not ready to deliver" until those dependent tasks are completed or failed.

the easy way around this is to find those dependent tasks and manually fail them which will then turn the most recent tasks from "not ready to deliver" to "ready to deliver." I believe the BAS will automatically fail any pending tasks in 30 days.

Last edited by RadHaz75; 10-21-2010 at 11:40 AM..
Old 10-22-2010, 06:12 PM   #8
pemurray
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8310
Carrier: AT&T

Hello, Our BES has been a big MESS since we installed 5.0.2. We have a bunch of tasks sitting in the 'Not ready to deliver state'.

RedHaz75, can you tell me the best way to find these dependent tasks and how to fail them?

Thanks!!

Paul
Old 10-24-2010, 08:36 PM   #9
RadHaz75

Model: 9650
PIN: BALL
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Quote:
Originally Posted by pemurray View Post
Hello, Our BES has been a big MESS since we installed 5.0.2. We have a bunch of tasks sitting in the 'Not ready to deliver state'.

RedHaz75, can you tell me the best way to find these dependent tasks and how to fail them?

Thanks!!

Paul
if any task that is not ready to deliver is dependent on another pending task, then it will list that task number in one of the columns in the search results, then just search for that task id. dont forget to set the created after date to something a long time ago so you can actually find the results
Old 10-25-2010, 09:11 AM   #10
cyclmpc

Model: 9800
Carrier: ATT

Just an FYI, the BAS does not reflect immediate changes. I believe RIM has told me that it can take 15-20 minutes to accurately show status. I had some issues with deployments too, though I have begun to look into the logs themselves to figure what's going on.