Old 06-18-2007, 03:19 PM   #1
JGBerry
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8330
PIN: 35AABF91
Carrier: Verizon
Default Why T-Mobile is Awesome

Please Login to Remove!

So I recently started to have some issues with my T-Mobile 8700g Blackberry, and I called up Customer Support and told them my problem. I bought the used device off of ebay for a measily $142.
Customer service said that even though I bought the device off of ebay, since I am within my trial period, I am entitled to swapping the phone out for a new one. This works out well because that phone was actually kind of falling apart (the 'R' button wasn't depressing fully and the outer plastic sides were slightly coming apart on one edge). I should leave the ebay seller bad feedback, but since I am getting a new device, I figured that I would just let it go.

Anyways, I just wanted to mention that T-Mobile rocks and they really do bend over backwards for their customers. I'm guessing they did this little gesture to convince me to keep my service (my trial period ends this Friday).

I am just curious if anyone else has been in the same situation that I am in...

-They bought a blackberry off ebay or got it externally (not through t-Mobile)
-took it to t-mobile and got it activated
-the phone had problems within 14 days of activating it with t-mobile
-t-mobile offered to replace it with a new one based on the fact that it is still in the midst of the trial period

Last edited by JGBerry; 06-18-2007 at 03:25 PM..
Old 06-18-2007, 03:31 PM   #2
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low

That is not common--for TMo to replace a BB which was not purchased from them.

Of late, mostly TMo has been expecting ME to bend over FRONTWARDS for them.

But I am glad you had a good experience.
Old 06-18-2007, 03:38 PM   #3
JGBerry
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSanders View Post
That is not common--for TMo to replace a BB which was not purchased from them.

Of late, mostly TMo has been expecting ME to bend over FRONTWARDS for them.

But I am glad you had a good experience.
what is going wrong with your t-mobile service?

I know, I was shocked when the T-Mobile rep offered me that. they probably didn't want me to end my data plan which i could do anytime until friday. if it was either cingular/att or verizon...they would have told me to take a hike and either buy another phone off ebay, or buy a new phone and get locked into a 2 year contract. yes...that's right, i only had to sign up for a 1 year contract.

i really am satisfied with tmobile right now...only a 1 year contract AND they are giving me a new Blackberry 8700g. no wonder JD Power and Associates ranked them #1 in customer service. in my book...they earned it

the question still stands...

Has anyone else had their external phone bought off ebay or somewhere else...replaced by tmobile?

Last edited by JGBerry; 06-18-2007 at 03:40 PM..
Old 06-18-2007, 04:02 PM   #4
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Yep, they earned my praise as well, for 10+ years. They earned several thousand $$s per year from me/my business as well.

Until the past 2 months.

Now I am assessing other carriers due to their ineptness and lack of customer loyalty.
Old 06-18-2007, 05:24 PM   #5
b3n_asian_freak
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9700
PIN: It changes so often....
Carrier: T-Mobile

I've been with T-Mobile for more than 4 years now, I do like their customer service since then.

About device exchange, they are pretty easy on that, I exchanged my blackberry 8700g I had twice, one was dust problem under the screen, other was the trackwheel clicking issue. Both time, they issued me a replacement, no hassle at all. I also purchased the device off my co-worker and I had no problem exchanging it.

I keep my service pretty simple and hardly change anything so they haven't started screwing me with the bill neither

People have different experiences with T-Mobile, for me, they have been great, and nothing beats their $19.99/month BIS plan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by b3n_asian_freak; 06-18-2007 at 05:28 PM..
Old 06-18-2007, 05:52 PM   #6
jeremyckitching
BlackBerry B Boy

PIN: 215BE1F8
Carrier: T-Mobile U.S.A.

I have only been with T-Mobile for a little over a year. Their service has been great for me. I have had several excellent customer service experiences, and the prices for what I get are excellent. Go T-Mobile!
Old 06-18-2007, 06:01 PM   #7
AXS

Model: 8700g

Same here. Their pricing is very competitive and their customer service has always been able to address my issues very professionally. I like that I can add or remove optional services such as BIS, worldwide mail, etc at any time and that the price is pro-rated.

Very happy with them so far.

-AXS
Old 06-18-2007, 06:01 PM   #8
JGBerry
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSanders View Post
Yep, they earned my praise as well, for 10+ years. They earned several thousand $$s per year from me/my business as well.

Until the past 2 months.

Now I am assessing other carriers due to their ineptness and lack of customer loyalty.
damn that sucks dude. share some of your bad incidents...
Old 06-18-2007, 06:04 PM   #9
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon

As long as T-Mo has the coverage you need, where you need it, it seems to be one of the better carriers, if not the best. Keep in mind, that the CS aspect and prices are most likely due tot he fact that they have fewer customers and are trying to get more. With service like this, they are goign to succeed for sure.

It is good to know that they made you a happy customer.
Old 06-18-2007, 06:19 PM   #10
JGBerry
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubdub View Post
As long as T-Mo has the coverage you need, where you need it, it seems to be one of the better carriers, if not the best. Keep in mind, that the CS aspect and prices are most likely due tot he fact that they have fewer customers and are trying to get more. With service like this, they are goign to succeed for sure.

It is good to know that they made you a happy customer.
yes, that is true. T-Mobile USA is the fastest growing T-Mobile market in the world, and the fastest growing US carrier. In the US, they currently have approximately 20 million subscribers which is pretty decent considering how much they had right after they bought out VoiceStream.

In all honesty though, I probably wouldn't get T-Mobile for voice. I only have them for data. For voice, I have my trust in Verizon (as much as they screw everyone over), they really have a solid network and I get signal almost everywhere. Also, due to the nature of the CDMA technology, you can have a stable, static free, perfectly clear conversation even off of 1 bar...which isn't the case with GSM. CDMA also penetrates buildings better.

Anyways, like I said before, T-Mobile's customer service is superb and I'm glad that I was treated so fairly. I am glad that they are trying to get more customers through better customer service. They are probably hoping to spread the word, which seems to be working in my case haha. Anyways, time for dinner, peace.
Old 06-18-2007, 07:07 PM   #11
oBBsessed
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T

I have been very happy with T-Mobile, in the year or so since I got my 8700 and in the three years before that. I think T-Mobile's service may not be the best overall, but is the best value for my money (and it is *my* money)--their rates are low, coverage is good for what I do, and they don't cripple my BB.
Old 06-20-2007, 11:17 AM   #12
JGBerry
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGBerry View Post
So I recently started to have some issues with my T-Mobile 8700g Blackberry, and I called up Customer Support and told them my problem. I bought the used device off of ebay for a measily $142.
Customer service said that even though I bought the device off of ebay, since I am within my trial period, I am entitled to swapping the phone out for a new one. This works out well because that phone was actually kind of falling apart (the 'R' button wasn't depressing fully and the outer plastic sides were slightly coming apart on one edge). I should leave the ebay seller bad feedback, but since I am getting a new device, I figured that I would just let it go.

Anyways, I just wanted to mention that T-Mobile rocks and they really do bend over backwards for their customers. I'm guessing they did this little gesture to convince me to keep my service (my trial period ends this Friday).

I am just curious if anyone else has been in the same situation that I am in...

-They bought a blackberry off ebay or got it externally (not through t-Mobile)
-took it to t-mobile and got it activated
-the phone had problems within 14 days of activating it with t-mobile
-t-mobile offered to replace it with a new one based on the fact that it is still in the midst of the trial period

my replacement blackberry arrived today. T-Mobile is AWESOME
Old 06-20-2007, 11:11 PM   #13
Tim Koltek
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGBerry View Post
In all honesty though, I probably wouldn't get T-Mobile for voice. I only have them for data. For voice, I have my trust in Verizon.
I'd say the exact opposite... Verizon has the 3G for data that tmo lacks but tmo has better voice plans and BB plans.
Old 06-20-2007, 11:29 PM   #14
jeremyckitching
BlackBerry B Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Koltek View Post
I'd say the exact opposite... Verizon has the 3G for data that tmo lacks but tmo has better voice plans and BB plans.
I think he said that due to the fact that Verizon calls are clearer, not due to the pricing of the plans. At least that is how I read it.
Old 06-21-2007, 01:51 AM   #15
John Clark
BBF Moderator

PIN: s & needles

I recently purchased a used unlocked White Pearl from someone here on the forums. When I received it it had a problem with the wireless radio. It would work fine on TMobile (1900Mhz) but had a problem connecting on the 850Mhz band. The seller wouldn't have been aware since he only used TMobile so the problem never showed up. I called TMo, and they exchanged it with a refurb. Worked out quite well because the original had a few scrapes that I was happy to get rid of! I'm not always happy with the coverage but I've been happy with TMo's customer service.
Old 06-21-2007, 01:54 AM   #16
Tim Koltek
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremyckitching View Post
I think he said that due to the fact that Verizon calls are clearer, not due to the pricing of the plans. At least that is how I read it.
I don't think Tmo calls are unclear, but I don't get why anyone would suggest Tmo for data which is their weak point.
Old 06-21-2007, 02:04 AM   #17
John Clark
BBF Moderator

PIN: s & needles

Data is TMo's weak point?? Do you mean since they don't have 3G? I wouldn't call it a weak point. They have a large EDGE network that is very reasonably priced. Least expensive out there, in fact. I think it's a fair price for a fair product.

Moved to Rants & Raves
Old 06-21-2007, 02:31 AM   #18
flash24
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9930
PIN: 3319688F

That's why I will be a T-Mobile customer for life..

Proud to Serve USAF
Old 06-21-2007, 08:24 AM   #19
jeremyckitching
BlackBerry B Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Koltek View Post
I don't think Tmo calls are unclear, but I don't get why anyone would suggest Tmo for data which is their weak point.
I don't think T-Mobiles calls are unclear either, but I do believe that calls on a CDMA network typically are of better quality. I used to be on Verizon and did notice their call quality to be crisper. T-Mobile's call quality is great in my opinion, but I think people who are used to CDMA-quality calls are a little spoiled
Old 06-21-2007, 08:33 AM   #20
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

JGB asked me comment on my problems this past two months with TMo. I'm not gonna do it in detail, it really won't do any good to go over it all again.

Just suffice it to say that I have had (as stated above) over a decade of great service and cost-benefit ratio from TMo. Great signal, great cost, great CS.

But after about 2 dozen calls on one service issue, one billing problem and one upgrade need, I am still at a loss as to how TMo could care less about my business. I'll be moving all my business and personal account over the next few months because of the way we have been treated just recently.
Closed Thread