Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2009, 09:19 PM   #1
HaTaX
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9700
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default Youmail v0.95.3 available - Seems to be a good release

Please Login to Remove!

Well I've been trying the Youmail native app since it's release. The first few releases didn't work on my 8900 at all, but now with today's release I can finally endorse it.

I couldn't download messages that were longer then about 60 seconds and I still had some odd behavior. Now with the latest version it downloads them all and even got one that was 111 seconds long with no problem

They've added a SSL section and connection type section to the settings page, otherwise it looks and feels the same.

I did notice that the icon is goofed up, might just be me but as long as it works I guess I'm not too concerned.

Ohh yeah, OTA link for those that haven't seen this app yet:

http://m.youmail.com/ota
Old 03-04-2009, 01:53 AM   #2
scaevola
BlackBerryFAQ.com Moderator

Model: 9900
PIN: ask Nicely.
Carrier: AT&T/tmobile

well all I can say on the 9000, is the app icon is now ***** black and I can't even see the
"speaker" waves. BLAH!!!

Now I'm unable to differentiate it at all from my home screen.
Old 03-04-2009, 06:55 AM   #3
mdlissner
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8800
Carrier: AT&T

I still prefer VyMail. The icon changes to indicate the new messages.

If you have dark backgrounds you will have trouble viewing the icon for the YouMail app.

Mark

Cingular BB8800
Old 03-05-2009, 03:24 AM   #4
HaTaX
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9700
Carrier: T-Mobile

Yup, dark background here and all I see are the two little dots. Like I said, not a big issue to me, but people should be aware of it.
Old 03-05-2009, 07:32 AM   #5
sflorack
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8830
Carrier: Verizon

Doesn't it take less time to dial into VM then have an application download audio attachments?
Old 03-05-2009, 07:57 AM   #6
zerog46
iPhone Mod!

Model: 9650
Carrier: VZW Bold

Not for me, it download very fast. Usually by the time I get the text notification for the voicemail, it's there.
Old 03-05-2009, 09:02 AM   #7
dualsub2006
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: Droid
PIN: Head
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sflorack View Post
Doesn't it take less time to dial into VM then have an application download audio attachments?
No, it doesn't. At least not in my case. I got 7 voicemails while at an appointment yesterday. When I got out of the meeting, I opened the YouMail app (the one that I prefer) and they were all there downloaded and ready to listen to.

I was able to listen to them in the order that I wanted to because everyone was listed by name and phone number. I didn't listen to 2 personal messages until I was back on the road and my business was finished. If I had to dial in to listen I would have had to listen to them in order and I would have had to listen to a nearly 2 minute message (I don't skip messages because I find it cumbersome and difficult to navigate back to) from a family member before I could have listened to my more time sensitive messages. Aside from that, when listening to a message it is very easy to interrupt a message and back up to listen to another. Skipping around takes substantially more time on the old system.

Visual voicemail absolutely rocks and I can't imagine going back to plain old voicemail. I paid for a Pro account the minute that YouMail made it available and I am going to add transcriptions just to give them more money to stay afloat.

I tell everyone that I can about the service. I tried Message Sling, SpinVox or something like that and a few others. YouMail is the king of the hill.
Old 03-05-2009, 09:28 AM   #8
visortgw
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9930
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Quote:
Originally Posted by dualsub2006 View Post

I tell everyone that I can about the service. I tried Message Sling, SpinVox or something like that and a few others. YouMail is the king of the hill.
Once their BlackBerry application catches up with the rest of their service, YouMail will be unbeatable. IMO, VyMail is still a much more user friendly client for the foreseeable future (and, quite possibly, always! ).
Old 03-10-2009, 12:52 AM   #9
satyarajasekhar
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AIRTEL

Hi,
previously i used to be running exchange 2003 with blackberry email simulator. I had written a program that access the email coming to the inbox and process those mails. Recently, the excahange is upgrade to 2007. The same application when i am trying to run when receiving the message, showing SKIPPING MESSAGE... instead of processing and displaying in the INBOX of the blackberry. Please provide me a solution for this. I am facing this problem from so many days.
Old 03-10-2009, 03:12 PM   #10
jgreenacres

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T

Just downloaded v0.95.4.

The dark icon problem is fixed, AND the icon now gets a red indicator when you have a new message. It looks like they just addressed all of the issues that were making people cling to Vymail. Good job YouMail. I too have PRO account because at this point, I don't care if AT&T never provisions their visual voice mail. Even if they do, I'm sure I won't be able to have unique outgoing messages for different callers like I can with YouMail!!!
Closed Thread