BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Old 06-30-2006, 08:25 AM   #21
howlingthunder
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9630
Carrier: Sprint

Please Login to Remove!

No I don't - just headset and handsfree. So if I follow the post, it must be BES right? Guess I'll need to talk to my BES admin. This may be a stupid question, but a blank policy won't help I assume. Any ideas? Thanks for the reply!
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 11:09 AM   #22
howlingthunder

OK, so I checked and my IT Policy does not even have those options in the list. Is this something that my vendor (T-Mobile) should push down in a service book? This sucks dude. All I want to do is wirelessly sync. Any other thoughts?
Old 07-02-2006, 09:11 PM   #23
BookBoy

Model: 8700
Carrier: AT&T

Thanks for the tip. It fixed the problem I was having w/ my Kensington Bluetooth Dongle and 8700 seeing one another and I was just about to give up. Nice work.
Old 07-06-2006, 09:18 AM   #24
mixersoft

Model: 7100T

Great post! I got my TRENDnet bluetooth adapter, which came with the widcomm drivers, to sync using this info.
Old 07-06-2006, 10:15 AM   #25
mixersoft

Default XP SP2 bluetooth stack doesn't support headset profile?

Wait! I just discovered on another forum that the native XP SP2 bluetooth drivers that I need to do bluetooth sync DOES NOT SUPPORT headset profiles!

If I want to use my BT headset with my notebook for SKYPE, they suggest I use the WIDCOMM drivers. ARRGH. Does anyone have more info on it here? Does anyone know how to do support both BB sync and HEADSET PROFILES?

Thanks,

m.
Old 07-11-2006, 03:38 PM   #26
prickleypete

Model: 8700c
Default WORKS! Great Post Thanks!!!

morser,
Thank you. Your suggestion worked flawless. My Kensington USB BT adapter is now in use with the BB Desktop Manager Software.

No problems on the tip, word for word, exactly.

Thanks again.

Pete
Old 07-12-2006, 12:46 PM   #27
mixersoft

Default Has anyone ever used 2 bt dongles on one system?

I want to do the following:

1. xp sp2 BT drivers for bb synch
2. widcomm BT drivers for the bluetooth headset profile (and maybe class 1 range.)

Is this possible. will the 2 adapters interfere with each other?
Old 07-16-2006, 09:16 PM   #28
rehevkor5

Model: 00000

I have successfully used these instructions to install my Kensington Bluetooth USB dongle (model 33085) on XP SP2 using the MS bluetooth stack. However, when connecting to my Motorola V551 only one service (Dialup networking) is listed for it. The V551 supports OBEX file transfers, bluetooth audio, and digital business card transfers as well. Although I would like to be able to program some Bluetooth apps which interact with my phone, unfortunately I'm going to have to go with the WIDCOMM drivers for their usability. Nonetheless, thanks for the article!
Old 07-23-2006, 12:35 AM   #29
Steve
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Wirelessly posted (Cingular-Blue 7290: BlackBerry7290/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/101)

BestBuy still wants $40-50 for BT adapters - Forget that.

So on bldkcstark's recommendation above, I ordered (2) BT-B1 Bluetooth USB Adapters at $10.95 each from http://www.sfcable.com. (Geeks.com was out-of-stock).

I'll report back our experiences on installation and uses on 2 two separate BBs and PCs.

Steve

Last edited by Steve; 07-23-2006 at 12:42 AM..
Old 08-08-2006, 11:07 AM   #30
jfkuchta

Model: 8800

Quote:
Originally Posted by howlingthunder
OK, so I checked and my IT Policy does not even have those options in the list. Is this something that my vendor (T-Mobile) should push down in a service book? This sucks dude. All I want to do is wirelessly sync. Any other thoughts?
If you are on BES and your IT Admin does not have a problem with changing your settings, then this should be pretty simple for them. Installing a blank policy won't work for two reasons:

1. The blank policy still has the two critical policies turned off; and
2. If you are on a BES, downloading a different policy will mess up your current BES policies and will likley tick off your Admin.
Old 10-26-2006, 10:51 PM   #31
gzakhary

Model: 8700C
Carrier: Cingular
Default Sim Access Profile

Are there any plans to support sim access profile via Bluetooth on future bb's so that new technologies such as car integration will be possible? That would be very useful.
Old 11-02-2006, 07:21 PM   #32
realonedet

Model: 8320
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default It Worked!!

Thanks for this tip, I searched long and hard and this was the only SOLUTION that was available, thanks very much!
Old 11-04-2006, 10:42 AM   #33
NC*Nextel

Model: 8830
Carrier: vzw

finally a REAL use for this dongle in my drawer... works great!

my only desire now is to have the sync start automatically without having to tell the PC to do so... any suggestions?

If it ain't broke, fix it 'til it is!
Old 11-11-2006, 06:49 PM   #34
dabull
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8100

fantastic. the $15 belkin bluetooth adapter i just bought (1/2off at CompUSA) wouldnt work with windows without its own crap software. and the desktop manager would not work with the crap software. this did the trick. wonderful thread of information.

now i can throw the driver onto my sim card and have this phone ready to connect any pc to the net, wherever i so choose.

also, when i come home, the phone automatically syncs up. no cords, no buttons to press, no confirmations, it just goes at it. way cool

Last edited by dabull; 11-11-2006 at 07:05 PM..
Old 12-03-2006, 09:29 PM   #35
BBGeo

Unfortunately, I have been unable to make this solution work. I have a Belking USB Bluetooth adapter, which according to the Belkin website is XP signed and approved. I have XP Pro SP2, yet I'm still unagble to use the BT to synch my 8700C. I can get it to pair with my laptop, but the only connection I can make is with the Handsfree service. Neither esktop connectivity nor PIM synchronization show up as services on the laptop.

-Syncless in Seattle
Old 12-05-2006, 01:52 PM   #36
BBGeo

OK. I take that back. It DID work. Thanks for the tip.

HOWEVER, now I'm finding I must uninstall then reinstall the bluetooth driver each time I plug my USB radio in. Is there a way to retain the driver, so I can just plug and play? Or, how can I install the driver on my phone's SIM card as described in the above posting?
Old 12-08-2006, 08:57 PM   #37
Stinsonddog
BBF Moderator

Model: 9700
PIN: Agaboobie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bldkcstark
I just got a USB dongle today that works great. It is a Bluetooth ver. 2 class 1 USB 2.0 100m (328ft!!) 2.4Ghz type. It works from every point in my house up to about 60 feet away and out into my yard. The good news? It uses the WIN XP SP2 BT stack drivers and costs only $12. Sounds too good to be true doesn't it? I ordered my first one when I got my 7130e, and it didn't work (it uses the WIDDCOMM BlueSoleil drivers, even tried the bth.inf mod), then I found another generic one that was guaranteed to work for $30, and bought it. That same day I was cruising geeks.com and found two more and bought them. One at geeks was the Kensington that several people have had success with after modifying the bth.inf so I was pretty sure it would work. The other was only $12, so I bought it too just in case I could get it to work. The geeks order got here first.

I plugged in the $12 dongle, I told it not to check the internet for drivers. XP asked me which driver I wanted to use, I selected the Microsoft drivers from a list of three choices.
I chose the drivers in the location c:windows\inf\bth.inf These are version 5.1.2600.2180.
When installation finished, I enabled BT on the phone and ouila! I got 100m BT sync goin' on! This even worked through a USB 2.0 hub. I had to reinstall when I plugged it into the hub, but I repeated the above instructions and it works great.

It boasts a 3Mbps data transfer rate. Okay enough gloating - here is a link to the item titled a Cambridge Silicon Radio Ltd. BT-B1 Class 1 v2 USB 2.0 BT dongle. It is listed as Model: BT-333E is listed at the address below, and made by Suncore Tech. Inc.
geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=BT-B1&cpc=SCH&srm=0 Sorry I can't post url's yet , I just signed up last week and have been reading, not writing in the forums.

Edit: The Guaranteed to work dongle doesn't work. Cellphone mall .net doesn't have any idea what they are selling. The Kensington does work with the bth.inf mod found here, although it costs more. The regular price of the CSR ltd. item is 14.99 and is $3 off as of 4-8-2006.
Geeks was out so I ordered from Amazon for 14.95 delivered. Will give it a try. Want to connect my GPS to it more than the BB.
Old 12-22-2006, 05:35 PM   #38
ristrettoman

Model: 8100
Default re: How to use the Native Bluetooth Drivers with Most Bluetooth Adapters

Morser,

I am a new BB owner and the Pearl is my first of what could be a long term devotion. I am in the field all the time, and it has really been helpful to receive my emails throughout the day as it is relevant to many issues I am managing day to day. I would prefer a BB 7130 (like the Cingular or Vodafone) with an micro SD slot and trackball. That would fetch me in but quick.

I was experiencing the same frustration as all the others. I knew that I needed to use any drivers embedded in WinPak2 to get this to work, and not those that came with the Kensington Dongle. Following your instructions to the letter <or character> I found I was able to get my BB Desktop's Bluetooth menu to become accessible and see my BB Pearl.

When I found the pid strings in device manager, I only installed one in the drivers file, and this revealed some progress, but didn't get me to the goal line. When I installed both pid strings, this did the trick. I also quite the BB Desktop Manager and restarted it first.

Thanks for the great insight into this issue!
Old 12-31-2006, 05:23 PM   #39
ron.pepper@sympatico.ca
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700R
Carrier: Rogers

Still cant hook up my bb8700R to D-Link DBT-122. Tried all the great advice to no avail. HELP!!!
Old 01-01-2007, 09:50 AM   #40
ron.pepper@sympatico.ca
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700R
Carrier: Rogers
Smile 8700r DLINK dbt-122

Eurika!! Please disregard my previous post, I have managed to synch my BB8700R to my desktop via BT using the D-Link dbt-122. I was not following the great instructions posted, to the letter.