Closed Thread

Old 12-26-2012, 04:59 PM   #1
irivlin

Model: 9800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: telstra
Default E-Mail question re Playbook.

Please Login to Remove!

If I use Blackberry Bridge, between my 9810 and Playbook, my recent e-mail messages appear on the Playbook. If I want to delete any of these(Playbook) messages, I have to do them individually - ie, I can't select a block of messages. This is a real pain, as it takes so long, especially if there are scores of emails. - Is there any way of deleting blocks of e-mails? I haven't set up the e-mail accounts on the Playbook, for the same reason. I don't want to have to laboriously delete individual emails. Will it be just the same or if I set up the Playbook e-mail account, will I be able to delete blocks?
One other quick question.. If I make a spelling mistake, the misspelled word is underlined in red. Isn't it possible to get this to autocorrect or at least suggest the correct word? As it is, all that happens is the underlining - No way of selecting the correct word.
Thanks in advance for any helpful suggestions.
Old 12-26-2012, 06:05 PM   #2
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA
Default Re: E-Mail question re Playbook.

For deleting multiple messages, try the following. Touch and hold one message header and then simultaneously with another finger touch a lower message header. The two messages touched and all in betweem will be highlighted. Then tap the delete icon. All highlighted messages will delete.

I haven't done this in a while so my memory of the precise technique may be off, but that is the idea. Also, I believe I have been able to scroll and select more message headers that are not in the initial screen view. Pay around with it.

With the native email app, you can select to check the messages you want to move or delete, and then select the action.

Drawing a blank on the typo question. Don't know.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile

Last edited by aiharkness; 12-26-2012 at 06:07 PM..
Old 12-26-2012, 07:35 PM   #3
irivlin

Model: 9800
Carrier: telstra

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I'll give your suggestions a try.
Ian
Old 12-26-2012, 07:35 PM   #4
lovemyplaybook

Model: 9930
Carrier: verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by irivlin View Post
If I use Blackberry Bridge, between my 9810 and Playbook, my recent e-mail messages appear on the Playbook. If I want to delete any of these(Playbook) messages, I have to do them individually - ie, I can't select a block of messages. This is a real pain, as it takes so long, especially if there are scores of emails. - Is there any way of deleting blocks of e-mails? I haven't set up the e-mail accounts on the Playbook, for the same reason. I don't want to have to laboriously delete individual emails. Will it be just the same or if I set up the Playbook e-mail account, will I be able to delete blocks?
One other quick question.. If I make a spelling mistake, the misspelled word is underlined in red. Isn't it possible to get this to autocorrect or at least suggest the correct word? As it is, all that happens is the underlining - No way of selecting the correct word.
Thanks in advance for any helpful suggestions.
I don' t think there is any way to delete multiple emails on the Playbook, just as there no way to do it on the BB phone...other than the "Delete Prior" function.

Last edited by lovemyplaybook; 12-26-2012 at 07:37 PM..
Old 12-26-2012, 07:45 PM   #5
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

There is. And on the BlackBerry handset, hold the left or the right caps key and scroll to highlight multiple messages, then delete.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Closed Thread