Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2007, 11:10 AM   #1
riskable

Model: 8320
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default Funambol 3.0.7 jad file

Please Login to Remove!

I decided not to use the Funambol client (too slow) but when I was trying it I wrote a .jad file so I could install it directly from my SD card (I don't do Windows). Since I'm sure others will appreciate it, here is that .jad file:

Code:
MIDlet-Name: Funambol
MIDlet-Version: 3.0.7
MIDlet-Vendor: Copyright (c) 2006 MyCompany
MIDlet-Description: Funambol SyncML Synchronization Client for the BlackBerry device
MIDlet-Jar-Size: 225183
RIM-COD-Module-Dependencies: net_rim_cldc,net_rim_os
RIM-COD-URL-1: funambol_blackberry_plugin.cod
RIM-COD-Size-1: 90256
RIM-COD-URL-2: funambol_blackberry_plugin-1.cod
RIM-COD-Size-2: 27476
To make this .jad file work you must first unzip the .cod file that comes with funambol-blackberry-plugin-3.0.7.zip. Inside the .cod are two (real) .cod files named "funambol_blackberry_plugin.cod" (which is the same exact name as the .cod zip archive) and "funambol_blackberry_plugin-1.cod". What I recommend is that you unzip those two .cod files to a new location, copy the original .cod zip archive file out of the bin directory, and then copy the real .cod files back into the bin dir.

So when you're done with these operations (unzipping the .cod files and creating the .jad) the bin directory should look like this:

Code:
~$ ls -l /media/sdc1/Funambol/plug-ins/Funambol\ BlackBerry\ Plug-in/bin/
total 704
-rw-rw---- 1 ivman plugdev  27476 2006-08-29 11:29 funambol_blackberry_plugin-1.cod
-rw-rw---- 1 ivman plugdev    501 2006-08-11 18:50 funambol_blackberry_plugin.alx
-rw-rw---- 1 ivman plugdev  90256 2006-08-29 11:29 funambol_blackberry_plugin.cod
-rw-rw---- 1 ivman plugdev     91 2006-08-29 10:43 funambol_blackberry_plugin.csl
-rw-rw---- 1 ivman plugdev    183 2006-08-29 10:43 funambol_blackberry_plugin.cso
-rw-rw---- 1 ivman plugdev 196976 2006-08-29 10:43 funambol_blackberry_plugin.debug
-rw-rw---- 1 ivman plugdev    387 2007-11-12 14:56 funambol_blackberry_plugin.jad
-rw-rw---- 1 ivman plugdev 225183 2006-08-29 10:43 funambol_blackberry_plugin.jar
Then you can copy that bin directory to your Blackberry's SD card and use the Media application to install the app (just open the .jad file). Now that you know how I did it, feel free to download this zip file. It contains the Funambol bin directory already pre-setup with the uncompressed .cod files and the .jad file.

FYI: I'm also going to post this in the Ubuntu Forums under that How to sync your blackberry in Linux thread.
Old 11-14-2007, 03:46 PM   #2
rivviepop
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

PIN: n/a
Carrier: t-mobile

nice! you should invite all the Ubuntu guys on that forum over here and they can add their brainpower to the BBF subforum. I bet the issues some are facing are not really Ubuntu specific and we could all benefit. my theory is any fix on one platform eventually benefits everyone on the other platforms since we all use the same kernel, udev, HAL, etc. down at the metal level.

plus I've noticed BBF is very highly ranked on Google searches, info here is very easily found by the random internet person searching for help - I find my own posts sometimes as the first hits...
Old 11-14-2007, 07:22 PM   #3
blakeatl

Model: 8100
Carrier: T-mobile

Exactly what is funambol?
Old 11-14-2007, 07:46 PM   #4
rivviepop

PIN: n/a
Carrier: t-mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakeatl View Post
Exactly what is funambol?
It's the name the Sync4J project changed it's name to - I'm not entirely familiar, but I think they set up a foundation and everything somewhat like Mozilla. The original code was a java SyncML server with a plugin or two for clients but then it gained momentum and grew into what we see now.

The team at Mobical.net (my preferred online syncml partner) have a statement in their FAQ that the Funambol client isn't spec compliant and will not work with their servers, so I've never actually tried it.

Last edited by rivviepop; 11-14-2007 at 07:49 PM.. Reason: to not too, moron
Closed Thread