Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2006, 09:58 AM   #1
kmccarthy
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8320
Carrier: T-Mobile
Angry grrr t-mobile is making me mad

Please Login to Remove!

Ok, so I went in last night to trade in my MDA (I had all of the contents in the box, had the paper work, and i was within 14 days). So it was probably 7:00 when I got there (the store here closes at 8) and it was PACKED so I was waiting and waiting and waiting. So at about 8:10 I finally get helped and I show them all the contents and tell the lady I want to trade in the MDA for the Pearl. She says "what is wrong with it?" and i tell her the battery life sucks. She then writes on the reciept that i can not exchange any more phones for 2 years. I asked her if I could trade it back in if something was wrong with the phone and she said no. I told her that if something was wrong with the phone and i am within 14 days and they wont take it back, that is the MINUTE I switch to a different carrier. (Plus why am I payin 6 bucks a month for insurance if they wont even take it back) She said "let me check on that pearl" in a very rude way. So 20 minutes later she comes back and says ok. She asks me for a credit card and I hand her my American Express. (My wife who lives in Colorado used her credit card to pay for the MDA at the time). She tells me that I need this exact credit card, so I explained to her the situation and she told me that "it wasn't going to happen". So I got pissed and drove home. I called T-mobile and they told me that I was treated very rudely and that they should have accepted the trade in. So I am supposed to go back and try to trade it in. I am so sick of T-Mobile that I feel like going to Verizon and paying that 38% more. What do you guys think?

Kevin

P.S. sorry for rambling but I am very mad. Please leave me some advise, thanks.
Old 10-11-2006, 10:00 AM   #2
Pizzle
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: 8310
PIN: T + PINT = QUART
Carrier: at&t

Moving to Rants and Raves Forum.

Btw, you're wasting your money on the insurance if you're using the Tmo handset insurance. It doesn't cover Blackberries or other expensive PDAs.
Old 10-11-2006, 10:01 AM   #3
kmccarthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizzle
Moving to Rants and Raves Forum.

Btw, you're wasting your money on the insurance if you're using the Tmo handset insurance. It doesn't cover Blackberries or other expensive PDAs.
ok, sorry
Old 10-11-2006, 10:14 AM   #4
mymitsu3kgt
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9780
PIN: 236676A8
Carrier: TMobile

She probably meant you couldn't have another 14 day "Test Trial" for two years but if something is wrong with the new phone like a factory defect, there is no way they can refuse to give another device.
Old 10-11-2006, 11:38 AM   #5
JohnBoyWalton
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8700g
Carrier: Tmobile

From my experience over the last cpl of months Tmos customer service has gone right down the toilet. They used to be very helpful and friendly now all they seem to want to do is pass you off to someone else.

I had a very serious issue with them a couple of weeks ago and got nothing but the run around. It never was resolved and I was basically told "tough luck." It was over something I was completely in the right about too. I even had a supervisor say as much, said he would personally take care of the problem, and never did a damn thing. Had it not been for me upgrading 3 lines with new handsets just a cpl months ago I would have left immediately ($600 early termination fees make you think twice) .

Most likely unless something radically changes and they start giving me the kind of service I think I'm entitled to as a long time customer (almost 5yrs) who spends a lot of $ every month on 3 lines, I'm moving on after my contract is up.
Old 10-11-2006, 12:42 PM   #6
kmccarthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mymitsu3kgt
She probably meant you couldn't have another 14 day "Test Trial" for two years but if something is wrong with the new phone like a factory defect, there is no way they can refuse to give another device.
no she said that she wouldnt take the phone back even if there is a factory defect. i think something was shoved up her "you know what"
Old 10-11-2006, 12:44 PM   #7
kmccarthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoyWalton
From my experience over the last cpl of months Tmos customer service has gone right down the toilet. They used to be very helpful and friendly now all they seem to want to do is pass you off to someone else.

I had a very serious issue with them a couple of weeks ago and got nothing but the run around. It never was resolved and I was basically told "tough luck." It was over something I was completely in the right about too. I even had a supervisor say as much, said he would personally take care of the problem, and never did a damn thing. Had it not been for me upgrading 3 lines with new handsets just a cpl months ago I would have left immediately ($600 early termination fees make you think twice) .

Most likely unless something radically changes and they start giving me the kind of service I think I'm entitled to as a long time customer (almost 5yrs) who spends a lot of $ every month on 3 lines, I'm moving on after my contract is up.
I am probably going to stay with them, but it pisses me off. The only reason I will stay is because of the Pearl (and $175 temination fee :D )
Old 10-11-2006, 02:41 PM   #8
kmccarthy

Bump!
Old 10-11-2006, 03:28 PM   #9
Loco-san

Model: 8100

Just like with any big company, there's going to be some bad ones. But I have to stick up for T-Mobile. Been with them 4 years I believe, only had great experience with their customer reps and service. I didn't have any problems returning my MDA also.. although I did have the original credit card =P
Old 10-11-2006, 05:48 PM   #10
kmccarthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loco-san
Just like with any big company, there's going to be some bad ones. But I have to stick up for T-Mobile. Been with them 4 years I believe, only had great experience with their customer reps and service. I didn't have any problems returning my MDA also.. although I did have the original credit card =P
ya lol. but it really is out of my control. she is in colorado and the 14 days runs out tomorrow. what should i do? i am not going to keep the mda and i am not going to pay one more dime for a new phone. i will cancel and go to verizon before that
Old 10-20-2006, 06:56 PM   #11
kmccarthy

Sorry, forgot to update. I got my pearl. after going to tmobile about 4 times and yelling at a manager. i threatened to go to verizon and they gave me my pearl (even though i will never go to verizon)
Old 10-28-2006, 04:35 PM   #12
sharpie00
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizzle

I think this might lead to some misunderstandings.

The T-Mobile 1 year warranty only covers manufacture defects.

The Assurion insurance that you pay extra for DOES cover Blackberries and PDA's, just like all phones. There are different tiers of insurance. Make sure you have the right one.
Old 10-29-2006, 06:10 PM   #13
ladyhollman

Model: 8700g

Get the insurance whenever you get a new device and make certain its the right one for replacement no matter what happens. Its something like 4.99.
Old 10-29-2006, 10:32 PM   #14
flash24
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9930
PIN: 3319688F
Carrier: Verizon

I had some bad experience with tmobile too... they charged me an out of warranty charge for the 8700g that I returned because they told me that it was water damaged, but it was already damaged when I got it out of the box. I told them that I will not pay for that $100 charge, either take it out or I will cancel my account.

Proud to Serve USAF
Closed Thread