BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2006, 10:03 PM   #1
aekhhi

Model: 8100
Angry Rude?!

Please Login to Remove!

So I came here looking for some help from a lot of members on this site regarding unlock codes for my blackberry pearl and how to go about doing that.

so might I ask, why my original thread was closed when I was asking a simple question and wasn't rude about it or anything? Not very nice to do to a NEW MEMBER. makes me not want to come back to the site and all because I asked a simple question for simple suggestions. Not like I was causing trouble or anything.

Old 11-08-2006, 10:29 PM   #2
YMark
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8900
Carrier: T-Mobile

I didn't see your original thread, but a bit of advice from me would be to use the search button. Unlocking a Pearl has been discussed many times. I have no idea if that is why your thread was closed, but it's possible.
Old 11-08-2006, 10:31 PM   #3
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7
Carrier: Verizon

I locked your thread. I also gave you the answer to your question. It was closed because the same question has been asked over, and over, and over. I gave you the answer, suggested - DID NOT DEMAND - that you use the search, and closed the thread, since there was nothing more to add to it, and it had been asked and answered so many times before.
Old 11-08-2006, 10:35 PM   #4
YMark
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8900
Carrier: T-Mobile

I just saw your original thread Aekhhi, and I didn't see where anyone was rude. In fact, you received two answers and NJBlackberry was more than helpful and explained why the thread was closed.
Old 11-08-2006, 11:26 PM   #5
aekhhi

Angry

Well you definitely did not say you were going to close it and I wanted it left open so I could hear others opinions as well. I did do the search but found it easier to just make the post because sometimes, information has been updated or newer things are out there now.

The rude part was not telling me why it was closed in the first place or you could have sent a PM to me explaining why it was closed. I know how these forums work, I am a moderator on a forum site. I would like my thread reopened because I would like other responses as I appreciate all responses.
Old 11-08-2006, 11:49 PM   #6
secrecyguy
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Carrier: T-mobile

You going to get the same treatment no matter which forum you go to.

There are some forums that have rules that you can not discuss about unlocking cell phones, other forums have rules that you can only talk about it at a certain location, etc.

I haven't found a cell phone forum that let's you talk freely about unlocking phones.
Old 11-09-2006, 01:02 AM   #7
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

I closed it because there are 100 identical threads to it.
I am not reopening it. I'm not being rude - I am trying to make order out of chaos. If we left every duplicate thread open it would get out of control.

This is a very active and informed BlackBerry user group. There is already tons of information on how to get your BB unlocked. There is absolutely no reason for another thread.

And Secrecyguy is correct - Howard Forums doesn't even entertain any discussion about unlocking. Here you were given the answer - and it is the answer - and the thread was closed.
Old 11-09-2006, 01:09 AM   #8
Pizzle
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: 8310
PIN: T + PINT = QUART
Carrier: at&t

Quote:
Originally Posted by aekhhi
Well you definitely did not say you were going to close it and I wanted it left open so I could hear others opinions as well. I did do the search but found it easier to just make the post because sometimes, information has been updated or newer things are out there now.

The rude part was not telling me why it was closed in the first place or you could have sent a PM to me explaining why it was closed. I know how these forums work, I am a moderator on a forum site. I would like my thread reopened because I would like other responses as I appreciate all responses.
Laziness on your part (finding it "easier" to post a new thread) does not necessarily constitute lack of interest or information on ours.

Here are examples of what WOULD have been rude:

- Not answering your question
- Deleting your thread
- ONLY telling you to search...not adding that to the provided answer

Meanwhile, your question was answered, politely.

Threads are often closed because it's better to keep original threads open in many cases so that THEY may be added to. That way, when other new users come here, and learn how to use the search button, they can find the most comprehensive threads, chock-full of the information they need. This way, they don't have to sift through a ton of scattered threads with random posts from people uninterested in looking the information up for themselves.

While we're on the subject of rudeness, consider that you had the option to send your very OWN PM to a mod requesting clarity. But no. Instead, you decided to blast anyone involved to anyone that would listen.

If I were you, I wouldn't expect much civility from this community if you're going to be so quick on the trigger to flame. There are a lot of excellent members on here that don't need to always be subjected to fly-by-night n00bs.

If you'd like to see "other responses", follow the advice other members have given you, and read threads other than your own. The mod team, as well as many of the members here, will stand behind NJBlackberry. He did nothing out of disrespect, and in fact, was quite courteous to you considering how often your question has been asked and answered.

I wouldn't, however, expect to see your thread re-opened.

Last edited by Pizzle; 11-09-2006 at 01:13 AM..
Old 11-09-2006, 07:13 AM   #9
kasperapd

Model: 9700
Carrier: AT&T

I personally didn't see anything rude in your original thread. You asked a question (that has been asked many times before), received an answer (which has been answered many times before), and the thread was closed. I stand behind NJBlackBerry, he made the correct decision.

Please try a Search
Old 11-10-2006, 12:19 AM   #10
joginder

Model: Passp
Carrier: ATT

Aekhhi,
I am really sorry on behalf of the BBF and please dont run away.. we are all here to answer or listen..
lets crack-up little
Old 11-10-2006, 12:22 AM   #11
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

On behalf of the BBF? On behalf of Joginder, perhaps.

I certainly hope you aren't apologizing for me.

"Lets crack-up little" <- ABSOLUTELY. Whatever that means.
Old 11-10-2006, 12:41 AM   #12
No Longer Registered.

Sorry aekhhi .. but I agree with our BBF Mods

To learn new things, you research. This forum is like a "Library" of Blackberry stuffs. You can't sit around in a "library" expecting information to get to you. You either get off your butt and search the "shelves" or in this case.. the threads and you find information that will help you solve your problem(s).

Old 11-10-2006, 10:01 PM   #13
joginder

Model: Passp
Carrier: ATT

NJ, can you close this now? or this thread still has some juice in it
Old 11-10-2006, 10:19 PM   #14
Pizzle
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: 8310
PIN: T + PINT = QUART
Carrier: at&t

Well...it didn't until you posted again to bump it.

lol...no problem. I'll close it. aekhhi, please take this to PM if you want to discuss it further.

*thread closed*
Closed Thread