Closed Thread

Old 03-18-2012, 11:41 AM   #1
asianmaze
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9520
Carrier: Tmobile
Default Curve or keep my Storm

Please Login to Remove!

It's upgrade time and I need to decide - do I go for the Curve 9380 or stick with my Storm 2? All thoughts please - thanks.

"There is something about jumping a horse over a fence, something that makes you feel good." William Faulkner
Old 03-18-2012, 11:50 AM   #2
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon
Default Re: Curve or keep my Storm

What do you want to do?

9380 is newer, faster, newer OS. What about your 9550?

And please update your profile to show the correct model number, not name. It currently says "pearl" of which there are several different versions.

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter

If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!
Old 03-19-2012, 12:36 AM   #3
federgejzla
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9860
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers

I had a Storm, then Storm 2, now Torch/9860. I actually miss the tactile feedback, not sure why they dropped it as they had something good that noone had. Did you consider that or 9810?
Old 03-19-2012, 07:53 AM   #4
DanielDegnan

Model: 8520
Carrier: AT&T

Your output will remain the same either you use curve 9380 or you use Storm 2. This simply a waste of money. These phones were made for those, who need to consume data, send emails 24/7. I don't think you have to do this. Even a simple low cost Nokia phone would work for you. None of these phones would help you in your studies. To be precise, you don't need a smart phone at all. All you need is to focus on your studies/job, family and many other things.
Old 03-19-2012, 08:10 AM   #5
federgejzla

Model: 9860
Carrier: Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielDegnan View Post
Your output will remain the same either you use curve 9380 or you use Storm 2. This simply a waste of money. These phones were made for those, who need to consume data, send emails 24/7. I don't think you have to do this. Even a simple low cost Nokia phone would work for you. None of these phones would help you in your studies. To be precise, you don't need a smart phone at all. All you need is to focus on your studies/job, family and many other things.
I truly wonder how you were able to determine the lack of needs? I for one think that nowadays smartphones are for everyone. If you are scared of data traffic costs, then BlackBerries have an additional edge. There is also BBM... Not saying this is right either, but you can't make such conclusions based on what was posted here.
Old 03-19-2012, 10:04 AM   #6
dc/dc
Spam Reporter

Model: 6230
Carrier: Voicestream

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielDegnan View Post
Please feel free to sod off. As was mentioned, how do you know what the OP needs? Maybe they're not even a student. They don't have that listed as their carrier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by federgejzla View Post
I truly wonder how you were able to determine the lack of needs? I for one think that nowadays smartphones are for everyone. If you are scared of data traffic costs, then BlackBerries have an additional edge. There is also BBM... Not saying this is right either, but you can't make such conclusions based on what was posted here.
This is not true either. Not every one needs a smartphone. Have you investigated the BBM Social Groups cesspool recently? 90% of the people joining from Lagos don't need a smartphone.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••• ••••••••••••••

All that said, the right answer, OP, is only you know which device you should purchase. I personally would recommend against the 9380 as it is a lower-end device, and go with the 9860 instead. However, you must visit a phone shop and play with the devices yourself to determine which one meets your needs.
Old 03-20-2012, 06:19 AM   #7
DanielDegnan

Model: 8520
Carrier: AT&T

I am sorry if I my comments offended you. What I want to say is make a list of what you want to do with a mobile. Then see if everything is possible with a low cost ordinary phone (music, facebook, camera etc.) why spend more money on a smart phone. We should think wisely instead of following the media hype.
Old 03-26-2012, 09:55 AM   #8
asianmaze
Thumbs Must Hurt

I posted this originally and then forgot to check the thread. Doh.

I have updated my CP to show the correct BB - it's a Storm 9520 and I'm very fond of it.

Do not understand the comments from Daniel - I run a small business and the business functionality of BB is why I continue to use them with all their faults, in preference to iphone or android.

I still would like any thoughts on the Curve - it's the 9380 I'm considering as it too is a touch screen. Experiences much appreciated.

"There is something about jumping a horse over a fence, something that makes you feel good." William Faulkner
Old 03-26-2012, 10:40 AM   #9
Dubdub
Appleinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianmaze View Post
I posted this originally and then forgot to check the thread. Doh.

I have updated my CP to show the correct BB - it's a Storm 9520 and I'm very fond of it.
Please use the model number (9520) in your profile, not the name (Storm) as there are several different versions using that name.

-->>Twitter

Old 03-26-2012, 11:03 AM   #10
asianmaze
Thumbs Must Hurt

okay Dubdub - DONE. But some help would have been useful too. Never mind.

Last edited by asianmaze; 03-26-2012 at 11:06 AM..
Old 03-26-2012, 12:54 PM   #11
stevetaz
CrackBerry Addict

Model: S III
Carrier: sprint

Post #6 includes some good advice....
Old 03-26-2012, 12:57 PM   #12
Dubdub
Appleinator

I don't have a 9500, never have. I am just trying to make sure your information is correct so someone can help. Maybe a little less attitude would help?

We have tried to answer your question. The decision to upgrade is your call, not ours. I gave you the initial parameters, i.e. the 93xx is much newer with more memory and a faster processor.

Did you do any research on the 9380? Read any online reviews? Did you read through our 9300 section to see what other users have said? Have you been to a store to "play" with it for a while? Does your carrier offer a trial period, say get the 9380 and use it for a few days. If you don't like it, bring it back and revert to the 9520. In any case, the things you do now on your 9520, you will be able to do on a newer model.

I run two businesses and am a senior executive in two more. I like the BB because it works for me.

Bottom line - totally your call. If you are happy with your 95xx, then stay with it. If not, go for something new.

-->>Twitter

Old 03-26-2012, 01:47 PM   #13
asianmaze
Thumbs Must Hurt

Somehow my original post has been hijacked and I find the replies to this thread rather offensive.

I have done all the research suggested. I came back to this forum because I have always found it friendly and helpful before and I thought I would find the same. To be accused of 'attitude' is astounding when you read the previous posts which have much more of this than I have.

It's all rather upsetting and if I could pull this thread, I would. Helpfulness seems to have disappeared and been replaced by a sarcastic coldness. I wonder if the moderators need to stand back and consider if they have become jaded? Such a shame.

Old 03-26-2012, 02:07 PM   #14
stevetaz
CrackBerry Addict

Model: S III
Carrier: sprint

When you say you have done all the research suggested, what do you think you should do? That is what is important. No one can make the choice for you. As I said, post #6 included this and I think it is specific and also includes an opinion:
All that said, the right answer, OP, is only you know which device you should purchase. I personally would recommend against the 9380 as it is a lower-end device, and go with the 9860 instead. However, you must visit a phone shop and play with the devices yourself to determine which one meets your needs.

At the end of the day you are the one to make the choice. If you have done all that has been suggested, which feels better in your hand? Which do you like?

Feeling offended is not helping.
Old 03-28-2012, 09:43 AM   #15
knottyrope
BlackBerry Elite

Model: DT60
PIN: t of blood has been taken
Carrier: AT&T-US with I dee ten tee errors

When I was getting a new device, I went through a list of needs and prioritized them. in the end I choose a 9800 for best of both worlds of keyboard and touchscreen.

since using it for a year I went for a 9810 with faster CPU and better graphics.

then i dropped the 9810 on the floor by acident and decided on a 9860 all touch device and have been liking it alot. i just miss some of the keyboard shortcuts.

i also have tried just about every BB made in last 3 years. the Torch and Bold series are the best ones for performance.

good luck on your choice, took me weeks to decide

oh and on any forum, you have to take some stuff with a grain of salt. yes some people are a bit rough at times, but some have tons of knowledge that might help you someday.
It doesn't even matter

Rocking the Motion with out lotion.

Last edited by knottyrope; 03-28-2012 at 09:47 AM..
Closed Thread