Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2009, 11:36 PM   #1
cmjones66

Model: 9530
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Default Otterbox for Storm

Please Login to Remove!

Just curious. Has anyone bought the Otterbox for the Storm? And if so, how is it working? I have the black leather holster that I bought the day I got my Storm, and was thinking of upgrading.
Old 02-02-2009, 12:53 PM   #2
crackBerrybOb
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: The Tail on the Mod

They've just started shipping in the last week so hopefully we'll get some feedback as they arrive this week.

I've seen one review where the overlay was so tight it would depress the end-call key and the holster/magnet combo depressed the screen to the point it was stuck in the "in" position after unholstering. I hope that is an isolated case (no pun intended).

Many have complained on the Bold defender series that folks on the other end of the call can hear themselves echo as the sound seems to bounce around inside the box because somehow the mic is not insulated enough from the speaker. I've actually emailed Otterbox on the morning of 30 Jan about this asking if this was tested for on the 95xx version and have heard nothing.
Old 02-02-2009, 08:06 PM   #3
crackBerrybOb
Thumbs Must Hurt

Here is a video review that just rolled in at youtube.com/watch?v=oLWldJXVXG0

Sorry, still working the post count so I can link.

Looks like the shell construction isn't the same as was described at CES, but rather slides and locks into place.

There is no "third" layer that wraps the device like in other defender models. Apparently when Otterbox mentions the third layer at their site, what they really are describing is the full cover over the screen/keyboard.
Old 02-03-2009, 04:27 PM   #4
fireman
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: VZW

Not good. I just received my case today and in landscape mode it is very hard to get the bottom row to recognize the touch. Also when I made a few calls the people said it sounded horrible and very faint, I left a message to a landline and it sounded horrible. I have had several otter box cases for previous blackberrys and have not had issues like this. I am sending this one back.
Old 02-03-2009, 05:45 PM   #5
crackBerrybOb
Thumbs Must Hurt

Default Edited Response From OtterBox

Some encouraging words.. time will tell:

Hi Everyone—

Further questions can always be directed to customer service (customer.service@otterbox.com) or 888-695-8820. We do get back to every customer so please be patient as it takes time to get through all the requests.

• Regarding echo, we haven’t heard that that is a problem yet in this case.We will be investigating this further.
• Keep in mind altering the case in any way voids the warranty; this includes cutting, removing, dremmeling, etc.
• As for baby powder, we don’t recommend that for the screen. We suggest that before you put your phone in the case rubbing your palm across the screen. It's the natural oils of the skin that keep the plastic from sticking to the screen of the iPhone. You want your hands to be clean but you don't want to wash your hands just before doing it. You can also try wiping it along your cheek to pick up the oils from your face.
• Although using the case in Landscape mode is not a problem experienced by the majority of the users, we have identified some changes to the design that will allow for a more enhanced user experience of the case with the device. OtterBox is currently working to make rapid changes to the case and will shortly have a design that we believe will address this issue for those who experience issues with typing in landscape mode. As a tip: the usability seems better in one direction than the other. If you are experiencing the issue, try turning the device 180 degrees (completely over; so it is still in landscape mode) to see if that improves the situation.
• The magnet is located in the holster only, not in the case so this should not alter usability.
• The screen protector is not removable. It is built into the case. Again, removing this will void the warranty.
• We are also looking into the silicone and camera functions through the case.
• These cases are part of the Defender Series™ and are NOT watertight.
• As for shipping, please contact customer service.

Please keep in mind we value all opinions and feedback and our goal is to make the best cases on the market. All of the concerns are being brought to the attention of our customer service and engineering departments and we will hopefully have some more answers soon.

Thanks,
Kristin Golliher
Public Relations Executive
Old 03-25-2009, 02:08 AM   #6
b3n_asian_freak
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9700
PIN: It changes so often....
Carrier: T-Mobile

Is that possible to put this Otterbox on a Storm that already have a full body cover from BestSkinsEver?
Old 03-25-2009, 02:10 AM   #7
b3n_asian_freak

I would have to remove it since sometime I just use my Storm with the leather holster.
Old 03-26-2009, 07:45 AM   #8
b3n_asian_freak

Bump! Anyone? Sorry for spamming.... lol
Closed Thread