MetDox
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 7100T
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Cingular
Default BlackBerry Plug-in for Microsoft Visual Studio

Please Login to Remove!

BlackBerry Plug-in for Microsoft Visual Studio

Downloaded Plug-in for microsoft and Sample MDS application FormSubmit application.
I believe download camealong with MDS development server and simulator

When i compile the project in VS 2005 it compiles fine.
when i run it application connects to simulator fine and all but fails to publish application to MDSS and push Application to Divece

I have try to go to Tools Option/ Application Registiries
There i see localhost Server Settings and port number

What do i need to put there ?
Will this app work with MDS development center,
How can i run this application and see this application in simulator..
Old 08-29-2007, 11:25 AM   #2
brcewane
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
Carrier: Rogers

That is odd... You can try doing it a different way.

Use the BlackBerry toolbar and press the connect to device button to launch the simulator up.. it should bring up all the services needed.

Then press the "Publish" button on the Blackberry toolbar and step through the wizard. It will publish the application to your local MDS Development server.

When you have successfully published the application, use the MDS control center on the simulator to search and download your application.

If all else fails, you can always try the good old fashion re-boot
Old 08-29-2007, 11:53 AM   #3
MetDox

I have tried that also,
In Visual Studio dev I have clicked the Blackberry icon Connect to device
Then Publish icon, debug came up it went all fine for the first 4 check box and last 2 failed. which are publish application to MDSS and push Application to Divece.
Here is the Error..
[Start BlackBerry MDSS] Starting SQL Server (MDSS_DB)...
[Start BlackBerry MDSS] DONE!
[Start BlackBerry MDSS] Starting BlackBerry MDS Services - Apache Tomcat Service...
[Start BlackBerry MDSS] DONE!
[Start Device Simulator] Launching Fledge: Launch file - C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry VS8 Plugin\handheld\simulator\fledge.exe, Parameters - /app=Jvm.dll /handheld=8700-black /app-param=DisableRegistration /app-param=JvmAlxConfigFile:8700-black.xml /app-param=JvmDebugModeOff /session=8700-black /app-param=MdsDebug:on /app-param=NoTutorial /keep-lcd-on "/app-param=MdsActivationUrl:http://localhost:17080/mds" /data-port=19780 /app-param=MdsDebugPort:5555 /pin=0x2100000D, Skin - BlackBerry 8700-black, PIN - 0x2100000D
[Start Device Simulator] Waiting for simulator to finish loading...
[Start Device Simulator] DONE!
[Start Debug Session] Connecting to debug port...
[Start Debug Session] DONE!
[Start Debug Session] Wait for debug message listeners to start-up...
[Start Debug Session] Send debug handshake request
[Start Debug Session] Wait for handshake response...
[Push Application to Device] Application could not be published:
Unable to connect to the remote serverFailed to delete exiting application.

Also, In simulator, where can i locate the MDS control center, I could not locate that in Applicatons?,
Do i need to install, MDS runtime to my computer. I assume it should be in plug in ?
Does this MDS server developement that is running has any user API beside the icon on the corner. I can only do right click, show details, pushed application and dont have any ?

Any help will be appriciated..
Thanks a mil.
Old 08-29-2007, 12:43 PM   #4
brcewane
Thumbs Must Hurt

I've heard that sometimes the simulator doesn't register properly sometimes with the MDS Development server.

A work around to that one is to change the device simulator type using the device type dropdown list on the blackberry toolbar and then try to do the debug again.

If the device didn't register properly that would explain why the MDS control center isn't showing up on the simulator
Old 10-11-2007, 03:29 PM   #5
jmarquette

Model: 7130e
Carrier: Sprint
Default Check this

MetDox,

I think I figured out what the problem is, at least I was having the same kind of issue.

I would build, and then go to debug, having the last 2 checkboxes fail with the "serverFailed" message.

1. Open up your services and make sure that "BlackBerry MDS Services - Apache Tomcat Service" is running. When this was installed, it appeared that this was installed as startup type "manual". After the first reboot, build, and then deploy (debug) I got the same errors. Make sure and change it to automatic.

2. I still had problems publishing, and reboot has worked.

3. Try what brcewane mentioned as well and pick a different emulator, one of them just wouldn't work for me period. I don't know that it really matters, but probably, this is still a demo for me.

Hope this helps.

-JRM
Old 02-26-2008, 04:42 PM   #6
MetDox

Thanks mil
Let me try this
Old 02-27-2008, 09:16 AM   #7
MetDox

Default No Go..

Do i need JDE for this guy to work. I can publish anything to MDS that came along with VS plug in.
MDS running fine on desktop. i dont see anything on published application when i refresh..
Old 02-27-2008, 09:53 AM   #8
brcewane
Thumbs Must Hurt

No you don't need the JDE for this to work. looking at your previous posts can you tell me if you can see the following:

1) When the simulator launches (via Debug, or Connect to device from BlackBerry Toolbar) in your list of applications that are on the desktop, do you see an MDS Control Center application

2) Have you tried switching the device via the BlackBerry Toolbar and then debugging or connecting to the device to see if you can see the MDS Control center.. It kindof looks like a little blackberry device icon with a green VCR play button on it.
Closed Thread