Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2007, 02:13 PM   #1
evandt
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9900
Carrier: AT&T
Default Seamless Multiple E-mails?

Please Login to Remove!

My post may be redundant, and I apologize in advance for that.
While browsing the forums casually today I noticed that some other users are having similar issues to mine. I'm dying to find a true solution for my situation and any help would be greatly appreciated.
Basically what I want to achieve is having multiple e-mail address all come to my BB instantly(using forwarding to my @blackberrycarrier.com address I'm assuming) and being able to reply from those specific accounts instantly. For example, at present I have a .Mac, a Gmail, and another e-mail account all forwarding to my blackberry handheld e-mail account. While this is excellent for receiving my e-mails instantly, I am only able to reply instantly from my handheld(which I've set look like its coming from my .Mac). If I wanted to reply from my gmail account I'd need to be replying from messages in that Gmail Mailbox which isn't getting the e-mails instantly. So I have to wait 5, 10, 15 minutes until I get that e-mail to reply.
This is NOT true however when composing new e-mails. I can select which account I'm sending new emails from, which I think is excellent. I wish there was a way for your BB to automatically reply from the account you received it on.

So, here's where I'm at

-any e-mails send to my .Mac, Gmail, etc etc all forward instantly.
-if I write back from my main inbox it comes from .Mac(thats my reply to in BIS)
-if I delete that .Mac reply to itll be coming from my @ carrier email addy etc.
-what I'd like is if replying to a gmail account, it comes from my gmail, if replying to .Mac it comes from .Mac etc etc
ALL INSTANTLY

THANKS!!!!!!!!
EVAN
Old 08-09-2007, 02:30 PM   #2
ladydi
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8800
Carrier: T-mobile

yes, this is redundant.

Gmail works as true push mail. set it up through either the carrier's BIS site or the "set up internet mail" icon on your BB. As for the .mac address, you can set it up in BIS and that will allow you to reply from the .mac address, but it won't be true push mail - you could have an up to 15 minute delay before receiving the e-mail. I find that my BIS mail usually comes through within a few minutes of it hitting my mailbox.
BES 4.1
Old 08-09-2007, 04:57 PM   #3
evandt
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9900
Carrier: AT&T

So basically Gmail I can set up separately to come to its on box. It will be push. .Mac I can forward and set the reply to from so that will be instant. My business email addy however will be setup through bis and WONT be push? so it'll be incrementally? the average is 15 minutes, thats kinda out of the question, any other workaround you could see?

Thanks so much
Evan
Old 08-09-2007, 06:38 PM   #4
rambo47
Latino Hasta La Muerte

Model: 9370
Carrier: Verizon

.Mac does not support push email. That's Apple's limitation, not your Blackberry's. I've asked the .Mac Support Team about the IDLE command and push email but never received any encouraging replies. "We're evaluating all possible options to enhance your .Mac experience.....". Yeah, sure. I'll hold my breath.
Closed Thread