BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2007, 04:33 AM   #1
Mobylo
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700g
Carrier: None
Arrow QuickResponse VX, an email add-on.

Please Login to Remove!

Dear Forum Members,

We are pleased to announce that our email productivity software, Mobylo! QuickResponse, has a major upgrade. QuickResponse is an email addon that allows you to create customisable templates that can later be quickly inserted into emails.

The new QuickResponse VX is a significant improvement over older version and fully unleashes the true power behind QuickResponse Templates allowing for higher productivity, and greater time saving.

We invite you to try out QuickResponse VX. We are currently running a FULLY FUNCTIONAL FREE 30-day Trial which you can avail from our website Mobylo!

Comments, feature requests and feedback are most welcome.

May we also add that we have released a new version of Mobylo! MultiAlarm with more advanced features. For those who are still using the older version, here is the post announcing the actual release of Mobylo! MultiAlarm 2.0 and its new features. We request you to keep the two discussions separate on their dedicated threads.

Many Thanks & Best Regards,

MultiAlarm - Schedule multiple alarms on BlackBerry!
QuickResponse - Compose Emails super quickly. Click-Insert-Send! No typing.
Old 01-03-2007, 04:52 AM   #2
pengrus
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8800
Carrier: Cingular

Excellent job on the QuickResponse. It is a wise move to offer the 30day free trial. I have tried MagicMail, and found your QuickResponse much better and user friendly. I like the customization feature which you call it Placeholder. It'll prompt you to replace %customer% with the real name each time you use it. It couldn't be better. I already like it after reading your documentation, I am going to try it now.

Thank you!
Old 01-03-2007, 05:05 AM   #3
pengrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobylo
We are currently running a FULLY FUNCTIONAL FREE 30-day Trial which you can avail from our website Mobylo!
It says the trial period for Mobylo QuickResponse has expired. Please register the application. Could you please fix this?

Thanks!
Old 01-03-2007, 06:11 AM   #4
Mobylo
Thumbs Must Hurt

Hi Pengrus,
You need to first launch the application before you can use the menu. Launching the application does the initializations that are required for proper functioning of the application. This needs to be done only once, and not on every device reset.
Please confirm if this solves the issue.
Hope that helps.

Regards,
Mobylo! Team

Old 01-03-2007, 02:06 PM   #5
pengrus

Yes, that worked. I love your software. Thank you!
Old 01-04-2007, 08:50 PM   #6
PaulQ

Model: 9550
Carrier: Verizon
Arrow Questions

I just have a couple questions...

1) Has QuickResponse been shown to work on the Pearl?
2) Does it integrate into text messaging (SMS)?

Thanks!!

<><><><><><><><><><><><> Life after Pearl is Curved... then there's a STORM!
Old 01-05-2007, 03:11 PM   #7
Mobylo
Thumbs Must Hurt

Arrow SMS Module in QuickResponse VX

Paul,

QuickResponse VX has an SMS module on 8100. This feature is scheduled to be included with the next major release. However if you want to try it before that, please drop us a line at http://www.mobylo.com/contact.php

Thanks.

Last edited by Mobylo; 01-05-2007 at 04:58 PM..
Old 01-07-2007, 12:29 AM   #8
pengrus

Guys at Mobylo are amazing. I made a suggestion of "Narrow as you type" feature, they implemented it within a couple of days after my suggestion. Basically it works like this:

Assume you have 50+ different template saved, you don't want to scroll through the list each time to select and insert that template, with the "Narrow as you type" feature, you can type a few letters such as "account", it will bring up all the template with "account" as the template name. With this handy feature, you can literally have hundreds of templates without fear of using it.

Hats off to the mobylo team! I am sold on your software.
Old 01-07-2007, 12:34 AM   #9
pengrus

Default Software to mark/label emails?

Is there a software to mark or label emails on BB?

For example, we all have hundreds of emails on our BB. Some of the emails require us process something offline right away, for example, adjust your inventory, make the call to UPS, etc. It'd be nice if there is a utility that lets you mark the processed email as color "red" or "green" to show us later that this email has been processed so you don't process it again.

Is there such a utility for BB?

Thanks!
Old 01-07-2007, 12:37 AM   #10
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by pengrus
Is there a software to mark or label emails on BB?

For example, we all have hundreds of emails on our BB. Some of the emails require us process something offline right away, for example, adjust your inventory, make the call to UPS, etc. It'd be nice if there is a utility that lets you mark the processed email as color "red" or "green" to show us later that this email has been processed so you don't process it again.

Is there such a utility for BB?

Thanks!
Have you tried this?

http://www.blackberryforums.com/afte...ight=tag+email
Old 01-07-2007, 12:41 AM   #11
pengrus

Sorry, I meant to start a new thread on my inquiry of mark/label email utility...

John, I checked that tagit software, it won't work for me, I am looking for a more visually mark/label email utility rather than tag. Plus, I won't buy anything from that developer.
Old 01-07-2007, 06:02 AM   #12
Mobylo
Thumbs Must Hurt

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by pengrus
Guys at Mobylo are amazing. I made a suggestion of "Narrow as you type" feature, they implemented it within a couple of days after my suggestion. Basically it works like this:

Assume you have 50+ different template saved, you don't want to scroll through the list each time to select and insert that template, with the "Narrow as you type" feature, you can type a few letters such as "account", it will bring up all the template with "account" as the template name. With this handy feature, you can literally have hundreds of templates without fear of using it.

Hats off to the mobylo team! I am sold on your software.
Gee! Thanks pengarus!
And we guess that will help us here at Dev get another "stuffed cheese pizza with extra cheese toppings" from the management

On a more serious note - Yes, we try to do our best to keep our customers happy.

Old 01-07-2007, 08:02 PM   #13
pengrus

Mobylo,

Since you guys are so good at handling email functions of BB, I suggest you to look at another highly in demand email add-on for BB, let's call it "GTD Addon for BB". Here is a copy of the current GTD addon for Outlook:

Getting Things Done Outlook Add-In Support

Many people swear by it. I use it myself and it has saved ton of time for me. Basically this addon does the following:

When you read your emails, you can assign a few tags to the emails, for example, @office, @car, @computer, @call, @project etc. Signing the tags will trigger some simple actions to the email and categorize it accordingly, so that you can follow up easily and know how to process it. For example, when you are out driving, you can simply go to all the emails labeled as @car, and process those, and if you are close to computer, you will look through all your @computer emails, and process those. After these are processed, you label them as "finished" and they are archived.

Another important feature is, one of the tags enables the user to place a copy of that email into a new appointment in the calendar at specified date so that user can be alerted when that time comes. Very very handy.

In the BB software market, there isn't any GTD addon for emails yet. And I feel it will be a huge hit if someone can write such an addon.

The ONLY thing that is close to GTD is the TodoMatrix, but it is only a wonderful to do management tool that could be used for GTD purpose, but it has nothing to do with managing and processing email inbox - the major function of BB.

For your reference, there is a GTD for Gmail extension here that might give you some hints:

GTDGmail - The Firefox Extension that Combines Gmail with Getting Things Done - home

Hopefully you guys will take on this task, and wish you the best success if you do.

Thanks!

Last edited by pengrus; 01-07-2007 at 08:04 PM..
Old 01-08-2007, 01:28 AM   #14
Mobylo
Thumbs Must Hurt

Pengarus, thanks for the feedback. We have shown your post to the Product Team. If they find a business case and give us the GO, we will get cracking on it. Personally, we find its a neat idea and very similar to a product we are working on. So lets see.

Old 01-09-2007, 11:59 PM   #15
pengrus

I see a problem with the QuickResponse.

I just upgraded my BB handheld OS to the latest. And after the upgrade, I lost all the templates that I saved. :(

The upgrade process backed up all the application and its data including wireless installed, then restored all of them. But all the QuickResponse templates are wiped out. I only see the default sample templates now.

So that means, the Quickresponse templates do not get backed up properly. Please check and let us know.

Thanks!
Old 01-10-2007, 10:16 AM   #16
Mobylo
Thumbs Must Hurt

Dear Members,

Upgrading the OS will not save your templates, because Backup & Restore is not (yet) a feature in QuickResponse. Although Backup & Restore has not been mentioned as a feature in the manual, but at the same time, its lack thereof is also not mentioned. Pengarus, we apologise for the inconvenience caused.

Everyone, please do a manual backup in case you are upgrading the OS itself. Please note that this manual backup in not required in case you are upgrading QuickResponse to a higher version without uninstalling a previous version.

Thanks.

Old 01-10-2007, 01:21 PM   #17
pengrus

Thanks for your reply. It is very important to have backup & restore (if possible work with the Desktop Manager backup & restore). Manually backup one by one, then manually import one by one is just too much work.

Look forward to this addition.
Old 01-28-2007, 04:34 PM   #18
Mobylo
Thumbs Must Hurt

Arrow QuickResponse VX now with Backup & Restore and AutoMerge!

Dear Everyone,

We are pleased to offer another free upgrade to our email productivity suite QuickResponse VX. Starting version 2.5, QuickResponse incorporates yet another highly useful feature - Backup & Restore with Auto-merge.

What's New
Till QuickResponse 2.4 your templates were upgrade-safe; if you upgraded QuickResponse from an older version to a newer version without deleting the older version (for ex; by using the in-built Upgrade menu item) then your templates were preserved. However, if you upgraded the OS itself, then the templates were not preserved. Backup & Restore with Auto-merge intends to give you that facility as well.

... and something more!

Backup & Restore
When you take a full backup of your device, your templates are also backed up. You can also take a backup of the QuickResponse templates only using the 'Advanced' button of Desktop Manager’s backup utility. Later you can restore these templates from the Backup.

Auto-merge
When you restore from a backup:
  • All templates on the device are retained.
  • All templates from the backup that do not exist on the device are restored.
  • All templates that have not been changed since last restore are ignored.
  • All templates from the backup that have been modified (i.e, have the same name but different content) are version-renamed by adding a number to its name.

So Auto-merge allows you to take a backup anyday and then keep working with existing templates on your device as you would; add, modify, rename or delete them at your whim. And one month later when you restore, Auto-merge will make sure that clashes are resolved in a decent way; and that your changes are retained. This way you can also recover accidently deleted templates from the Backup. Since any templates created or modified after backup are still retained, so you don't need to worry about loosing them.

Installation
If you are already running a Trial or Full version of QuickResponse, then please install version 2.5 over the existing version on your device. Please do not uninstall the older version, because uninstalling permanently deletes your templates.

If you are a new user with no older version of QuickResponse on your device, we invite you for a fully functional FREE 30-day Trial. Get it from;

Desktop: Mobylo! QuickResponse
OTA: http://m.mobylo.com

Thanks!

Closed Thread