BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2008, 01:56 AM   #1
Bobb
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Z10
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default Curve Case Search: Can You Help?

Please Login to Remove!

I've been using a BB Curve for almost a year in an OEM BB holster case (purchased from T-Mobile) with the swiveling clip. While it's very high quality and utilitarian, but I've been searching high and low for a case with the following traits:

- horizontal mounting with TOP-Loading

- sleeper function support

- ideally, both a belt clip AND a belt loop attachment method...or at least a belt clip with a "hook" at the end for extra security

Carrying a BB in a vertical position is a real pain when sitting, which is why I want a horizontal case. Also, I've had spring steel belt-clip cases ride off of my belt and cause the phone to fall or get lost (happened once in a taxi in Miami). Belt loops are not as quick to get on or off, but they are much more secure than a clip...unless it's a clip with a "hook" on the end (which the OEM BB case does have).

I've been able to find high-quality cases with one or two of these functions, but none with all three.

Any suggestions? I can't believe that no one manufacturers a high-quality horizontally-oriented case WITH a sleeper function AND an attachment method that's a bit more secure than a simply spring steel belt clip.

Thanks in advance for any advice. I've been searching forum sponsors and other sites, but no luck so far.

Coatesville, Pennsylvania USA
(Suburban Philadelphia)
Old 12-30-2008, 10:44 AM   #2
TimSmit

Model: 8330
Carrier: US Cellular
Lightbulb Cases

Take it from a case junky, Seidio Innocase with the spring clip holster is the only way to go. I have tried all the major brands and have a box full of unused cases to show.

I too prefer the horizontal mount method. The Krusell Horizontic Plus worked well, but had to be adapted with a magnet to get the sleeper function. Several other Krusell models also came close. The bottom line for me was that a full case was often bulky and difficult to get the phone out.

Seidio spring holster clip is very secure and has a "hook" end that keeps it attached to the belt. Getting the phone out of the holster is a quick grab and open motion. I support a dozen Law Enforcement users and we have found Seidio the most effective and secure option.

Good luck.

Last edited by TimSmit; 01-01-2009 at 12:37 PM..
Old 12-30-2008, 10:00 PM   #3
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9650
PIN: N/A
Carrier: VZW

I've got one of these (link below) for my Curve that I don't use. Top loading, horizontal on the belt, has the sleeper magnet - but it only has the belt clip - no belt loops. The belt clip doesn't have a hook per se, but it does have a bend in it toward the end that serves the same function as a hook.

Leather Side Pouch

I personally use the BB OEM plastic holster with the swivel clip, with the phone horizontal at about 1 o'clock on my belt.

If you are interested I'll give it to you for the cost of shipping (4$ or so probably.) I only used it for one day while waiting for my holster to arrive.
Old 12-31-2008, 01:49 AM   #4
Bobb
Thumbs Must Hurt

Thumbs up Thanks. I've tried the Krussel.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimSmit View Post

I too prefer the horizontal mount method. The Krusell Horizontic Plus worked well, but had to be adapted with a magnet to get the sleeper function. Several other Krusell models also came close. The bottom line for me was that a full case was often bulky and difficult to get the phone one.

Good luck.
....cases a while ago for my BB Pearl (the original). Krussel has fantastic quality, but alas, no sleeper function, and I just gotta have it. Wish it were a keeper. I see Krussel is coming out with a new type of horizontal case, the Krussel "Hector," around January 7 (according to one seller's website), and it looks quite good AND has both a clip and belt loops. I can only hope it will support sleeping. I will look into the Seidio stuff. Thanks for your advice!

(Suburban Philadelphia)
Old 12-31-2008, 01:50 AM   #5
Bobb
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0100010 View Post

If you are interested I'll give it to you for the cost of shipping (4$ or so probably.) I only used it for one day while waiting for my holster to arrive.
Thanks. E-mail sent.

(Suburban Philadelphia)
Closed Thread