Old 07-06-2008, 03:48 PM   #21
Tazzie01

Model: 8130
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Sprint

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by numetheus View Post
All carriers have issues. Verizon and AT&T around here are comparable. Only with AT&T I can A) Faster broadband for my laptop (EVDO is technologically slower than HSPA. Thats not opinion, that is technological fact.) and B) Get better phones. On Verizon you are limited to crap phones, and phones that are pretty much the same over all because THE WORLD HATES CDMA.
Hey hey hey, quit the hate, just because other people choose different services and different phones, that does not give anyone the right to put them down, I have been with Sprint ever since I had a mobile phone and have been very happy with them. NO complaints about anything. The reason I choose them in the first place was because no down payment charge. All other carriers had wanted to charge me, but not Sprint. I like CDMA and so does other parts of the world. Japan has it and Ukraine is also developing it. It is not on mobile phones in Ukraine yet, but soon. I know of it because I have been there!!! As for speed, CDMA is very fast, and it has been proven to be faster than others because I have seen it with my own eyes, right next to each other. NOT just by technological fact! So please think before you say things that are not true.
Old 07-06-2008, 04:03 PM   #22
mriff
BlackBerry Mensa

Model: iPhon
PIN: High
Carrier: Verizon

Your quote from above:

Quote:
All carriers have issues. Verizon and AT&T around here are comparable. Only with AT&T I can A) Faster broadband for my laptop (EVDO is technologically slower than HSPA. Thats not opinion, that is technological fact.) and B) Get better phones. On Verizon you are limited to crap phones, and phones that are pretty much the same over all because THE WORLD HATES CDMA.
From your myspace page:

Quote:
True friends provide sympathy, empathy, honesty, mutual understanding, and a tendency to desire what is best for the other.
Something doesn't seem quite right here.
Old 07-06-2008, 04:52 PM   #23
fizzleation
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8300
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by mriff View Post
Your quote from above:

From your myspace page:

Something doesn't seem quite right here.
haha, wow, excellent catch...

Really man, to each his own. The outages are a pain, I totally hear you there. But, I think you are getting stuck on what is best for YOU and not OTHERS. Enterprise solutions are big business and they encompass tons of users, so to say that home consumers strongly outweigh enterprise users at least in dollar figures, is a bit ignorant.
Everyone is going to have their favorite. My advice is if you say "life is short", then don't waste time trying to convince everyone of one device's superiority over another. It just isn't going to happen for most.
Old 07-06-2008, 09:43 PM   #24
Baldie
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9360
Carrier: Sprint

The iphone has its "wow" factor but it comes down to which device benefits you. I am not an enterprise use (used to be) but a blackberry just has more use for me. I have 5 email addresses that I keep track of which all go into one box, I tether my laptop, I keep track of my daily bank transactions, I keep track of mileage, and the ability to send faxes to my phone then fwd them to a local fax. I'm not yet on the iphone (or touchscreen) bandwagon because it just doesn't appeal to me as a business user. I would get it as a regular consumer but aside from the cool browser, my curve can do all that and more. I was also reading the 3G iphone due to be released later this week is still lacking features that every other phone (not just a BB) has. It doesn't help that iphone was only released on ATT. At least blackberry has a broader selection as far as carriers. I hope Apple will eventually give the iphone a different look at some point because I know blackberrys have been out for awhile now but at least they had different looks which appeal to different consumers.

Rumors are circulating that blackberry will be releasing a touch-screen blackberry in early 2009, so when I am ready to jump on that touch screen bandwagon I will have to see who is on top of who then.

Last edited by Baldie; 07-06-2008 at 09:49 PM..
Old 07-06-2008, 10:19 PM   #25
alindle

Model: 8330

anyone else have an error in the download?
Old 07-07-2008, 09:29 AM   #26
michael12005
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: Tour

I agree that every carrier has issues, but if you join the Apple Forums on the AT & T web site and read the hundreds of complaints that folk have with their i phone and AT & T you would be nuts to have them as your carrier, in my opinion.

When I changed my car last April I had problems "pairing" my BB with the car. I called Verizon and they 1) ordered me a new BB even though mine was 11 moinths old and 2) offered to send a tech rep to my house to do the "pairing" for me (which I declined).

Lots of luck getting AT & T do do stuff like that with the i phone!
Old 07-07-2008, 07:56 PM   #27
GOLGO 13

Model: 8320
Carrier: T-Mob

As long as AT&T has to be in the mix a LOT of people won't pull the trigger on a iphone. 3G or not.
Old 07-07-2008, 08:49 PM   #28
ArgonNJ
No longer Registered.

Model: WP7

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLGO 13 View Post
As long as AT&T has to be in the mix a LOT of people won't pull the trigger on a iphone. 3G or not.
Well they are the largest carrier in the US, so I'm guessing the numbers won't be as small as you think.
Old 07-07-2008, 09:30 PM   #29
mommy4ericnmegan
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8900
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArgonNJ View Post
Well they are the largest carrier in the US, so I'm guessing the numbers won't be as small as you think.
I completely agree.
Old 07-08-2008, 10:50 AM   #30
Frank Castle
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9930
PIN: PM Me!
Carrier: VZW

If you think MobileMe won't have outages and maintenance window changes your in a dream world. RIM published those outages in advance and for the most part are done in off hours. Show me any service that is up 100%? Even with the outages RIM has had the past couple years they are still near four 9's for availablity.

Well it's July 8th and still no final OS 2.0 beta build, last build was June 9th so I find it hard to believe they will just release the final build July 11th with issues still outstanding.
Old 07-08-2008, 11:59 AM   #31
teamcrn
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8320
PIN: ASK ME
Carrier: Tmobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by jletendre View Post
If you think MobileMe won't have outages and maintenance window changes your in a dream world. RIM published those outages in advance and for the most part are done in off hours. Show me any service that is up 100%? Even with the outages RIM has had the past couple years they are still near four 9's for availablity.

Well it's July 8th and still no final OS 2.0 beta build, last build was June 9th so I find it hard to believe they will just release the final build July 11th with issues still outstanding.
i JUST GOT AN EMAIL STATING 8 AM THE 3G IPHONE WILL BE ONSALE AT APPLE STORES. sO THEY EITHER WORKED THE PROBLEMS OUT OR PLAN ON RELEASING THE PHONE WITH ISSUES. i AM NOT IN THE KNOW SO I HAVE NO CLUE WHAT IT WILL BE.

WWW.TheTDGrouponline.com
Old 07-10-2008, 08:18 PM   #32
michael12005

Yes the new i phone will be on sale Friday but 1) YOU STILL CANNOT CHANGE YOUR BATTERY AND 2) NO EMAIL ON THE FLY LIKE BB.

LOL
Old 07-10-2008, 08:18 PM   #33
michael12005

Yes the new i phone will be on sale Friday but 1) YOU STILL CANNOT CHANGE YOUR BATTERY AND 2) NO EMAIL ON THE FLY LIKE BB.

LOL
Old 07-10-2008, 08:25 PM   #34
numetheus
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9000
PIN: 20FA40E8

Wirelessly posted

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael12005

LOL
Really? Cuz my yahoo mail is instant, and my iphone does something my bb cannot on bis. It keeps mail completely synced and supports synced folders. So I can organize things into folders to my hearts content and I can read them all on the iPhone. Can BB do that? Gmail has IMAP. The biggest strength of IMAP is that you don't have to download the messages first, and you can subscribe to folders. If you add GMAIL IMAP to BIS, you can absolutely no folders and true sync does not work. BB BIS fails at IMAP implementation. And the email application on iPhone is superior. HTML email is PERFECT on there, and navigating large emails is a breeze. Even the new 4.5 OS I have on my curve has HTML email, but looks nowhere near as good as what my iPhone has.

http://www.facebook.com/numetheus

Last edited by numetheus; 07-10-2008 at 08:56 PM..
Old 07-10-2008, 09:07 PM   #35
avelasqu
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9900
Carrier: T-Mobile

My filipino broski... but its still an iPhone... LOL
Old 07-10-2008, 09:13 PM   #36
numetheus
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by avelasqu View Post
My filipino broski... but its still an iPhone... LOL
Pffffffft! One thing about me .... I'm a total phone whore. I will most likely end up getting the Bold still even though I say I won't. I have always said I HATE WINDOWS MOBILE, but for some reason end up buying one ... then realizing the reasons I hated it in the beginning. Over and Over and Over again! LOL. I kept the AT&T Tilt for 2 months before I was like ... oh yeah this is why I hate it so much. I said that with my Tmobile MDA, Tmobile Dash, Motorola Q, Motorola Q Global, AT&T 8525, and BlackJack. LOL I never learn.

Old 07-10-2008, 09:24 PM   #37
zkyevolved
CrackBerry Addict

PIN: 25707D3B
Carrier: Vodafone

Quote:
Wirelessly posted

Really? Cuz my yahoo mail is instant, and my iphone does something my bb cannot on bis. It keeps mail completely synced and supports synced folders. So I can organize things into folders to my hearts content and I can read them all on the iPhone. Can BB do that? Gmail has IMAP. The biggest strength of IMAP is that you don't have to download the messages first, and you can subscribe to folders. If you add GMAIL IMAP to BIS, you can absolutely no folders and true sync does not work. BB BIS fails at IMAP implementation. And the email application on iPhone is superior. HTML email is PERFECT on there, and navigating large emails is a breeze. Even the new 4.5 OS I have on my curve has HTML email, but looks nowhere near as good as what my iPhone has.
hehe from one arizonian to another!! I AGREE! I back you up :D
Old 07-10-2008, 09:31 PM   #38
numetheus
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by zkyevolved View Post
LOL I love it when people make uneducated posts on topics they obviously know nothing about. iPhone has had push email with yahoo for a while now. And with MobileME email is instant, and we also get push calendar and contacts without having to be part of a corporate exchange server. I'm going to love being able to add a contact on my PC and have it instantly go on the iPhone even if its in another room.

Old 07-10-2008, 09:31 PM   #39
numetheus
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by zkyevolved View Post
And ... what part of Arizona are you from?

Old 07-10-2008, 09:38 PM   #40
zkyevolved
CrackBerry Addict

PIN: 25707D3B
Carrier: Vodafone

Quote:
And ... what part of Arizona are you from?
18 years in Phoenix (PV to be exact) then I moved out to Madrid, Spain, to study and work
Closed Thread