rachamphetamine
BBF Moderator

Model: --
PIN: E SOL
Carrier: VZW

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 003402 View Post
I make it a rule to never answer a 1-800, private, or unknown number. if you are a business, have the balls to put your phone number on caller ID. If you are private, expect to leave message. if it truly is important, they can leave a message.
Old 08-28-2008, 05:17 AM   #22
Quinn

Model: 8120
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickfromIL View Post
We have privacy manager for home lines here too. If it is from an unknown or toll free number, it forces the caller to say their name and reason for calling, puts them on hold and rings the house where you hear the name and reason, and then it lets you chose to accept the call or not.
The company I work for (NOT telemarketing) requires us to dial out from a blocked number. The above flavor of privacy mgr is fine, but some phone companies (not sure which ones) play a recording that doesn't even give an option for callers to identify themselves
I made the "angry face" because the people we're calling are expecting a return call right away. Still, they don't answer, and we have no way of leaving a message.
Old 08-28-2008, 07:09 AM   #23
ezrunner
EPIC MOD

Model: ZED10
PIN: INK STICK
Carrier: Tmobile

Wirelessly posted (off to see the wizard)

I can't stand this! I get calls daily about my autowaranty about to expire! I bought the vehicle used there is no warranty. They call the cell both personal and work. They are using machines that autodial numbers if they get any indication that it is a good number it gets called repeatedly it seems.

Please hold this is an important call! Ha not a single one has been important

I have been known to get them on the phone and spend an hour asking random make no sense questions wasting their time as they have wasted mine.

Arrrrrrrrrrgh
Old 08-28-2008, 07:33 AM   #24
TBOLTRAM
BlackBerry Genius

Model: 5S
PIN: & Teller
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezrunner View Post
Wirelessly posted (off to see the wizard)

I can't stand this! I get calls daily about my autowaranty about to expire! I bought the vehicle used there is no warranty. They call the cell both personal and work. They are using machines that autodial numbers if they get any indication that it is a good number it gets called repeatedly it seems.

Please hold this is an important call! Ha not a single one has been important

I have been known to get them on the phone and spend an hour asking random make no sense questions wasting their time as they have wasted mine.

Arrrrrrrrrrgh
I feel your pain on the auto warranty scam. We have two cars that we get calls on which translates to an average of one call per day. I talked to the dealer about this and was told that anyone who calls on the phone about your auto warrarty is a scam artist. I would not be surprised if this was either Nigeria or local organized crime based.

Last edited by TBOLTRAM; 08-28-2008 at 10:10 AM..
Old 08-28-2008, 07:43 AM   #25
audit
Whoever

Model: xxxx
Carrier: AT&T

My BB is my primary phone, everyone in the house has a cell so no reason to have a regular home phone. Neither of the kids are allowed to give their numbers out except to who we allow, my wife uses her phone number as the primary and my number as the secondary. Well I block all 8** prefixes using Antair Call Screener and send them right to youmail where they get a nice recording saying the call is being monitored my law enforcement or something like that. The calls have really cut down to maybe twice a month now and it's our mortgage company reminding us about our payment.

Back on topic, if I answer the phone and it's a number I don't have in my address book, I don't say hello, I wait and see if it's a hold message, if so then it get's added to the blacklist and is sent to voice mail the next time they call.

Win or Lose... Everyone Has Their Fight
Closed Thread